Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Duke 848
    • By Duke 848 5th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 206Thanks
    Duke 848
    SDP Insurance for a Van (i.e. not commercial)?
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    SDP Insurance for a Van (i.e. not commercial)? 5th Jan 18 at 12:54 PM
    Hi,

I've had a Vauxhall Vivaro Van as my primary mode of transport for about 3 years now. I only have the van as I race motorbikes and need it for the transport etc. It is registered to me and has no ties to any business. However, I've always had to pay for commercial van insurance as I'm yet to find an insurance provider that would insure it under the same circumstances and use as if it were a normal car.

Does anyone know of any providers and/or any way I could insure it under a normal SDP (inc Com) policy instead of commercial insurance? I assume the SDP would be cheaper and would provide me with a more accurate level of cover than the commercial.

Thanks for any help!
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 5th Jan 18, 1:19 PM
    • 35,856 Posts
    • 20,091 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:19 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:19 PM
    Admiral van insurance (not a recommendation but an online insurer I know does what you want)

Also try a local broker (not Swinton)
    • eightfoot2
    • By eightfoot2 5th Jan 18, 5:19 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    eightfoot2
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:19 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:19 PM
    Hi,

I've had a Vauxhall Vivaro Van as my primary mode of transport for about 3 years now. I only have the van as I race motorbikes and need it for the transport etc. It is registered to me and has no ties to any business. However, I've always had to pay for commercial van insurance as I'm yet to find an insurance provider that would insure it under the same circumstances and use as if it were a normal car.

Does anyone know of any providers and/or any way I could insure it under a normal SDP (inc Com) policy instead of commercial insurance? I assume the SDP would be cheaper and would provide me with a more accurate level of cover than the commercial.

Thanks for any help!
    Originally posted by Duke 848
    carraige of own goods (you need to say exactly that) fully comp my viv is £200 with the wife as named driver just be aware that the ncb build up as comercial so cant generally be used for private cars later im with aviva if it helps
    in for a penny
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 5th Jan 18, 11:42 PM
    • 27,204 Posts
    • 10,960 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:42 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:42 PM
    You race motorbikes, i assume there is a prize for winning?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,028Posts Today

8,015Users online

Martin's Twitter