IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Paying Fines

Comments

• MW1974
    MW1974 Posts: 23 Forumite
    That's the point I'm trying to make - I don't disclose the driver information to the retail outlet either? I'm complaining as the keeper on their behalf.
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I don't disclose the driver information to the retail outlet either?
    That's right don't disclose who the driver was to the retail outlet.
    Complain as keeper. ;)
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    MW1974 wrote: »
    That's the point I'm trying to make - I don't disclose the driver information to the retail outlet either? I'm complaining as the keeper on their behalf.
    You as the keeper are not complaining on anyone else's behalf.

The keeper complains as the keeper in his own interests - not on behalf of the driver or anyone else.

You, as the keeper, don't disclose the driver's details to anyone.
  • MW1974
    So, when they ask 'Who was driving?' what should the keeper say? Does the keeper just lie or say it's none of their business? I can't imagine the latter option will endear the outlet much towards helping them.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Why on earth would they ask that?

Have you no imagination?
    Can you think of no alternative to fibbing or saying 'none of your business'?

You were the keeper, accompanying the driver on a shopping trip.

You as the keeper have received a NtK and are asking the store to cancel the ticket due to you being a valuable customer.

The driver's involvement finished on the day of the event.
    It is the keeper being chased for money. It is the keeper that needs the help of the store in cancelling the ticket.

Do not lie. Just don't offer any more information than you need to.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    A retailer would NEVER ask who was driving!

All you need to do is say 'we want to complain about this unfair PCN and we require you to cancel it because ...blah blah...we as a family will vote with our feet and never return....etc.'

WE. Not 'I'.

And I expect you must complain not to a shop but to the retail park managing agents or landowner (Google the place).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MW1974
    So I've spoke to the retail outlet and they were no help whatsoever. Told me I had to complain directly to the PPC. Said there's nothing they could do. Absolutely fuming.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Good time to add to facebook, twitter etc. Warn people that going there could cost them a lot...
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2018 at 4:25PM
    This company is a known scammer and fraudster. Instead of paying them, make them pay to defend their claim. Were they daft enough to take this to court, you may be able to make them pay you. by counter claiming for harassment, and wasting your time. You are in the driving seat here, UKPC are a busted flush

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3229165/Is-PROOF-private-parking-firms-scamming-motorists-Drivers-say-timings-photos-doctored-legally-parked-cars-issued-fines.html
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    MW1974 wrote: »
    So I've spoke to the retail outlet and they were no help whatsoever. Told me I had to complain directly to the PPC. Said there's nothing they could do. Absolutely fuming.

What did you say? what retail park is it?

who did you speak to?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure