Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 5th Jan 18, 12:33 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 12Thanks
    MW1974
    Paying Fines
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:33 PM
    Paying Fines 5th Jan 18 at 12:33 PM
    Hi, just looking for some guidance re paying a fine.

The driver has received a ticket on their windscreen with a PCN from UKPC for 60 if paid within 14 days or 100 within 28 days. All standard stuff.

Having read through numerous threads an appeal seems pointless in this particular instance so they're going to make payment. When the 'notice to keeper' arrives are you given 14 days / 60 option again or does it only apply to the windscreen ticket? The 14 day for the windscreen PCN expires in a few days so they don't want to miss out if it's only offered once. If it's also offered on the NTK then they're happy to wait and drag it out a bit.

Also, are these firms payments systems secure? Or should you always send a cheque rather than pay online.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MW1974; 07-01-2018 at 10:53 AM. Reason: edit
Page 3
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 11th Jan 18, 9:15 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    MW1974
    I said that I wished to speak to someone about a parking ticket and that's when she immediately referred me to the PPC. I tried explaining that I wasn't prepared to recognise the validity of the PCN and how it had been given but she didn't really want to know. I've checked the 'newbie' thread and there isn't really a process for dealing with the retail/land owner. I may go back to them and complain again but this time I'll definitely do it in writing rather than via telephone.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 11th Jan 18, 10:56 AM
    • 3,020 Posts
    • 4,592 Thanks
    fisherjim
    I said that I wished to speak to someone about a parking ticket and that's when she immediately referred me to the PPC. I tried explaining that I wasn't prepared to recognise the validity of the PCN and how it had been given but she didn't really want to know. I've checked the 'newbie' thread and there isn't really a process for dealing with the retail/land owner. I may go back to them and complain again but this time I'll definitely do it in writing rather than via telephone.
    Originally posted by MW1974
    In all fairness what "process" do you need explaining to complain to an organization?

Face to face with a manager, not a CS rep, letter or email to higher management CEO etc all the usual stuff really.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Jan 18, 11:04 AM
    • 9,514 Posts
    • 9,273 Thanks
    The Deep
    I said that I wished to speak to someone about a parking ticket

Never deal with such matters by telephone. Judges love paper trails.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 17th Jan 18, 10:18 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    MW1974
    The PCN from the PPC (UKPC) is approaching the 25/26 day timescale since the driver received it (windscreen). So, as the keeper I need to appeal and I should do this using their online form? Don't think they offer an email route.
    I've looked at the template on the 'newbie' thread - do I use this exact wording? As this PCN is because the attendant thought the driver had left the site is it more prudent to basically challenge them to prove this? They have absolutely no evidence that the driver left the site only what they consider 'reasonable cause' which is incredibly woolly. The photos on their site are basically of the car parked up and a picture of the sign. The sign is right next to the car so saying the driver never saw it seems a bit far fetched. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
    Last edited by MW1974; 17-01-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jan 18, 10:20 AM
    • 35,912 Posts
    • 20,185 Thanks
    Quentin
    The template is designed to get you a POPLA code.

Use it as advised in the FAQ. It's tried and tested!
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 17th Jan 18, 10:40 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    MW1974
    It mentions 'aggressive business practise' and threats of court action - is this relevant having only received a windscreen ticket for the driver? Obviously they'll go with the advice on here but just wasn't sure if the template needs modifying more around the circumstances specific to this case.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 17th Jan 18, 10:51 AM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,439 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Yes, this is an aggressive business practice

You havea choice. Use the advice given - which is that this is a template for a reason - or modify it and show us your changes.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th Jan 18, 11:02 AM
    • 7,561 Posts
    • 10,063 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Please do as advised above

The walking off site is rubbish and of late, a UKPC wheeze
    as per their normal aggression.

I would imagine that you already know that UKPC are
    well known for fakery, fake pictures, droid like wardens
    hiding behind wheelie bins etc

Once you get your POPLA code, they can be zapped
    Last edited by beamerguy; 17-01-2018 at 11:25 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Jan 18, 11:29 AM
    • 36,811 Posts
    • 83,297 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    It mentions 'aggressive business practise' and threats of court action - is this relevant having only received a windscreen ticket for the driver? Obviously they'll go with the advice on here but just wasn't sure if the template needs modifying more around the circumstances specific to this case.
    Originally posted by MW1974
    Every piece of advice you have received from the forum regulars, and the very comprehensive information in the NEWBIES tells you to send the template as is without any alterations.
    Do you have any information that we don't suggesting you can do better?

I don't wish to sound rude, but we get hundreds of queries on a daily basis and there just isn't time to hold your hand.
    Follow the advice or do your own thing, but please don't keep coming back asking questions that have already been answered.
    ... and please don't post the template here and ask if it is the right one. There is only one BPA template, and UKPC are BPA members.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 18th Jan 18, 11:50 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    MW1974
    Yes, I know which template to use - the one with the blue font. I'm sorry if this seems like asking for hand holding, just trying to get things clear first.

Does it make any difference if day 25/26 comes over a weekend? (Last one).
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 18th Jan 18, 11:55 AM
    • 35,912 Posts
    • 20,185 Thanks
    Quentin
    No. .
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 21st Jan 18, 2:19 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    MW1974
    Going through the appeals process and it's asking for an email address (mandatory field), is this really necessary for an online appeal or a ruse to bombard someone with stuff on email?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 21st Jan 18, 2:24 PM
    • 3,411 Posts
    • 4,550 Thanks
    waamo
    Use a disposable email address if you are worried. It only takes a minute to set up a free account.
    This space for hire.
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 21st Jan 18, 2:28 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    MW1974
    We've got one that's hardly ever used so can be deleted if necessary.
    Last edited by MW1974; 21-01-2018 at 3:23 PM.
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 18th Feb 18, 12:26 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    MW1974
    So, UKPC have written a letter to the keeper following an appeal posted online stating that in order to reach a final decision they will need the drivers name and full address (within 14 days). If not provided they will "make our final decision based on information previously received. At this stage a POPLA verification code will be provided."

Not sure this constitutes a 'notice to keeper', I doubt it. This response is within 35 days of the posting of the appeal but, again, as it is not a definitive response with the POPLA code not sure this counts?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 18th Feb 18, 12:41 PM
    • 3,411 Posts
    • 4,550 Thanks
    waamo
    They are fishing for information. Never reveal who was driving. Reply stating you are appealing as the registered keeper as is your right. You will not be revealing who was driving and you are to be given a POPLA code.
    This space for hire.
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 18th Feb 18, 1:05 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    MW1974
    From the newbie's thread they have 35 days to respond with a POPLA code, I don't see how this counts as a response as they haven't confirmed the outcome of the appeal nor passed on a POPLA code.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Feb 18, 5:53 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,033 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It's not a rejection letter nor a NTK.

Please ignore it. Wait! You want them to 'make their decision' nice and late, and no NTK.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• MW1974
    • By MW1974 27th Feb 18, 9:46 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    MW1974
    Well, the 35 day period expired a few days ago and still no NTK or final decision/POPLA code regarding the appeal.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 27th Feb 18, 11:46 PM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,439 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Tell them they!!!8217;ve deemed to have accepted the appeal , and as such must remove your personal info.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,220Posts Today

6,376Users online

Martin's Twitter