Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 5th Jan 18, 9:51 AM
    • 2,577Posts
    • 303Thanks
    britishboy
    Dyson V6 cordless from Tesco - very unimpressed
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:51 AM
    Dyson V6 cordless from Tesco - very unimpressed 5th Jan 18 at 9:51 AM
    We bought a Dyson V6 Trigger rechargable vacuum over xmas in the sales from Tesco direst, we've used it twice and very unimpressed with it, it seems to be al lnoise and little suction, and runs flat from a full charge in maybe 5 minutes (not even on the turbo/high speed setting)

Have we any rights to return it please for a refund?
Page 2
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 7th Jan 18, 8:36 PM
    • 16,083 Posts
    • 12,166 Thanks
    hollydays
    Why are Dyson carp, is this based on your experience or just another of your opinions?

My experience after actually owning several Dyson products is that they are reliable, do the job and are reasonably robust for what they are intended for, so not carp.
    Originally posted by cajef
    Looks like others have had the same experiences as me.
    Thank you for your valuable contribution.
    • Gavin83
    • By Gavin83 7th Jan 18, 10:11 PM
    • 5,157 Posts
    • 8,384 Thanks
    Gavin83
    I also own a V6 and I!!!8217;ve never had any issues with it. Don!!!8217;t have an issue with the suction, the battery has never run out during use and I don!!!8217;t really clean it that often. I!!!8217;ve owned it for about 3 years now and I haven!!!8217;t even replaced the filter, just wash it every 6 months.

I live in a flat, I!!!8217;d want something slightly bigger for a house but it!!!8217;s good at what it!!!8217;s designed for.

My only real complaint is the container which holds the dust is too small.
    • cajef
    • By cajef 8th Jan 18, 1:12 PM
    • 4,765 Posts
    • 3,812 Thanks
    cajef
    Looks like others have had the same experiences as me.
    Thank you for your valuable contribution.
    Originally posted by hollydays
    Others have had the same as me.

At least mine is a valuable contribution as I give an explanation and some reasoning for my post as have the posters that have had a poor experience, instead of just making a negative unsubstantiated post.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    • kyleral
    • By kyleral 12th Jan 18, 6:23 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    kyleral
    Sounds like you have faulty piece.

I bought handheld cordless vacuum cleaner(Dyson V6) and i have to say it's really works beyond my expectation.

• MobileSaver
    • By MobileSaver 20th Jan 18, 12:48 PM
    • 1,417 Posts
    • 1,985 Thanks
    MobileSaver
    Fixed that for you, they’re not what they were.
    Originally posted by AndyMc.....
    Totally agree. Early Dysons were great but now quality and quality control is pants, my experience of newer ones is that they're vastly over-priced rubbish. I remember reading that they moved manufacturing from the UK to overseas and it's all been downhill since then. I certainly wouldn't recommend a Dyson to anyone.
    Respect to 3 of the greatest actors of all time; amazing people who are totally believable as the characters they play & almost single-handedly make the shows they starred in:

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones
    Daniel J. Travanti as Frank Furillo in Hill Street Blues
    Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison in Homeland
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

174Posts Today

3,322Users online

Martin's Twitter