Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tanitabellon
    • By tanitabellon 5th Jan 18, 12:36 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tanitabellon
    Medical Records
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:36 AM
    Medical Records 5th Jan 18 at 12:36 AM
    I recently saw some incorrect entries on my medical notes at my surgery and am trying to get them amended. However, the surgery is only offering to do this if I pay an admin fee of 10. I don't understand why I am being charged this as I am trying to get a mistake corrected rather than simply wishing to see my personal records. Surely I shouldn't have to pay for the right to get a mistake corrected should I?
Page 1
    • zerog
    • By zerog 5th Jan 18, 1:35 AM
    • 2,367 Posts
    • 821 Thanks
    zerog
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:35 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:35 AM
    How serious are these mistakes? I would just raise it with the GP the next time you see them. Or if it's making you so anxious, then you have a medical problem to see the GP about... I am only being semi-facetious, as the majority of GPs would happily correct them for you if it was within their power to do so. Or rather, depending what it is exactly that is wrong, they would write another entry describing the error and the correction. If it's actually a medical issue then are you sure that you aren't mistaken?
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 5th Jan 18, 1:53 AM
    • 1,709 Posts
    • 2,308 Thanks
    badmemory
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:53 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:53 AM
    A letter headed complaint would seem like a good idea. I had to complain because a serious allergy which was on handwritten records (I had actually seen it) had disappeared from my computerised records which is what they were using.

The people transcribing these records are (adept keyboard) amateurs paid to get the job done as fast as possible as cheaply as possible & seem to have little idea of the consequences of getting it wrong.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 5th Jan 18, 8:00 AM
    • 8,318 Posts
    • 10,656 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 5th Jan 18, 8:00 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 8:00 AM
    Do they accept the 10'payment by credit card?
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 5th Jan 18, 9:12 AM
    • 1,901 Posts
    • 2,035 Thanks
    Kim_13
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:12 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:12 AM
    Hi, we move threads if we think they!!!8217;ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /100
    VSP 2018 #9 ~ 19.55/180.00
    CCCC 2018 #1 ~ 20.75/180.00
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 5th Jan 18, 1:52 PM
    • 8,522 Posts
    • 6,296 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:52 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:52 PM
    I'd raise the matter with the Practice Manager. I can access my medical record via "EMIS Patient Access" and it states that if I have any concerns about the content to contact the practice.
    • jack_pott
    • By jack_pott 5th Jan 18, 2:46 PM
    • 4,585 Posts
    • 5,908 Thanks
    jack_pott
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:46 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:46 PM
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-20817107
    I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

40Posts Today

3,450Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin