Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BeeCat
    • By BeeCat 4th Jan 18, 9:54 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    BeeCat
    How many times.....?
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:54 PM
    How many times.....? 4th Jan 18 at 9:54 PM
    Not sure I posted this in the right place the first time, so trying again.

I cannot believe I am even having to ask this question but could somebody tell me how many times you can go bankrupt?

Yes, I have done it twice before, and NO I am not proud.

Mid 90s - Young and didn't know better.
    2008 - Should have known better.
    2018 - No choice!!

After 2 years from hell i now find myself in a position i never thought i would be in again and can see NO way out. It's a long and complex story which has led to me having to resign from a job of over 30 years for health reasons.

Please don't judge, i feel distraught and beside myself as it is. I never ever understood why somebody would take their own life because of money but now I can totally see why.
Page 1
    • joa1210
    • By joa1210 4th Jan 18, 9:57 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    joa1210
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:57 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:57 PM
    i dont have the answer i am afraid, but i just wanted to say i hope you're ok
    • haggis0073
    • By haggis0073 4th Jan 18, 10:10 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    haggis0073
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:10 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:10 PM
    you may find if accepted then you will end up with a BRU/BRO extending the terms of bankruptcy beyond the typical 12 months

Also please dont panic, there is always a solution to any problem
    • BeeCat
    • By BeeCat 4th Jan 18, 10:23 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BeeCat
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:23 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:23 PM
    Thank you both.

I was wondering if it might be a case of a BRU/BRO being issued, which I would fully accept and understand.

I keep hoping I will wake up and this has all been one very big nightmare.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,187Posts Today

8,250Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin