Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lambert91
    • By lambert91 4th Jan 18, 9:48 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 1Thanks
    lambert91
    Transfer to skipton LISA
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:48 PM
    Transfer to skipton LISA 4th Jan 18 at 9:48 PM
    I have a h2b isa with Halifax and a LISA with nutmeg. I am wanting to transfer the money from both of these into a skipton LISA and top it up before April so I have used the full 4k allowance. How would I go about doing this? Would it be:

transfer halifax h2b into nutmeg LISA, top up with any remaining allowance then transfer into skipton LISA?

Thanks for any help.
Page 1
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 4th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    • 2,573 Posts
    • 1,955 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    Nutmeg have advised customers they are not accepting HTB ISA to LISA transfers as they could not get their IT systems functionality working in time. Despite being a digitally enabled next generation robo....

Suggest you open the Skipton LISA and start the process of transferring the Nutmeg to Skipton ASAP. Then you need to start the HTB ISA to LISA transfer with Skipton quickly but definitely before 1st March which is their final deadline. Then top-up by 5th April.

Hurry it's urgent, now every day counts.

Sadly I expect we are going to have a lot of people who have left it too late posting a similar question soon then getting angry at the system.

Alex.
    Last edited by Alexland; 04-01-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 4th Jan 18, 10:13 PM
    • 3,013 Posts
    • 495 Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:13 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:13 PM
    Just to throw it out there (& echo what Alex said) ... my sister began the process to transfer her HL S&S LISA to Skipton on 1st December.

Only today did the money show up in her Skipton account.

• throwaway12345
    • By throwaway12345 7th Jan 18, 5:14 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    throwaway12345
    • 7th Jan 18, 5:14 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 5:14 PM
    Nutmeg have advised customers they are not accepting HTB ISA to LISA transfers as they could not get their IT systems functionality working in time. Despite being a digitally enabled next generation robo....

Suggest you open the Skipton LISA and start the process of transferring the Nutmeg to Skipton ASAP. Then you need to start the HTB ISA to LISA transfer with Skipton quickly but definitely before 1st March which is their final deadline. Then top-up by 5th April.

Hurry it's urgent, now every day counts.

Sadly I expect we are going to have a lot of people who have left it too late posting a similar question soon then getting angry at the system.

Alex.
    Originally posted by Alexland
    Why's it urgent? Skipton have a deadline of March 1st, so surely they have that for a reason? Do it before then and they'll ensure it's done?

---

May I also clarify the situation with the bonus etc. As with everyone who opened their Help to Buy ISA at the start, I've got 5686.45... so assuming I add my Jan contribution it'll be 5886.45.

Once it's transferred into my Skipton LISA am I correct in thinking I'll be able to then add and additional 2200 in this financial year? So then my LISA balance will be 8086.45? And I'll get a bonus of 2000 paid in? Will the interest from Halifax since the 86.45 paid in Feb '17 also be transferred over?
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 8th Jan 18, 12:07 AM
    • 7,441 Posts
    • 8,010 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:07 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:07 AM
    Why's it urgent? Skipton have a deadline of March 1st, so surely they have that for a reason? Do it before then and they'll ensure it's done?
    Originally posted by throwaway12345
    OP needs to get a Skipton LISA opened and then arrange two separate transfers into it underway before 1 March - given that S&S transfers typically take significantly longer than cash ones I think it's sound advice to get cracking asap.

May I also clarify the situation with the bonus etc. As with everyone who opened their Help to Buy ISA at the start, I've got 5686.45... so assuming I add my Jan contribution it'll be 5886.45.

Once it's transferred into my Skipton LISA am I correct in thinking I'll be able to then add and additional 2200 in this financial year? So then my LISA balance will be 8086.45? And I'll get a bonus of 2000 paid in? Will the interest from Halifax since the 86.45 paid in Feb '17 also be transferred over?
    Originally posted by throwaway12345
    Your transfer from HTB to LISA needs to be split into pre-17/18 and 17/18 elements - the former is whatever was in the HTB at 5 April 2017 plus interest accrued but not paid at that date, and whatever's left (including closing pro rata interest) counts towards the 4K annual LISA limit.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,187Posts Today

8,250Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin