Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • exiled_red
    • By exiled_red 4th Jan 18, 9:41 PM
    • 241Posts
    • 158Thanks
    exiled_red
    Dish washer condensation
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:41 PM
    Dish washer condensation 4th Jan 18 at 9:41 PM
    We have recently had our kitchen re-fitted and have bought a built in dishwasher (never had one before). When we run it we get condensation on the left hand side of it at the top of the dishwasher itself and on the underside of the work top, we also get some running down the side of the dishwasher and cupboards creating a small pool of water on the floor.

Any ideas what the problem is? I assumed that it was the seal but I would expect to get more water coming out, and it seems very odd that it only happens on one side.
Page 1
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 4th Jan 18, 10:19 PM
    • 1,994 Posts
    • 2,631 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:19 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:19 PM
    Yes, you have a defective seal.

The only condensation you should see is that caused by opening the door at the end of the cycle but before the unit has completely cooled. They normally supply an adhesive strip for the underside of the worktop for the purpose of protecting the worktop from the steam. If you're getting vapour escaping during the cycle either the seal is defective or perhaps the door needs adjusting. Assuming the cosmetic door front has been attached, has it been fitted properly? Might it be preventing the dishwasher door closing properly?
    • shortcrust
    • By shortcrust 4th Jan 18, 10:55 PM
    • 1,980 Posts
    • 2,943 Thanks
    shortcrust
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:55 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:55 PM
    If it's new I'd just return it as faulty and get a replacement.
    • exiled_red
    • By exiled_red 4th Jan 18, 11:12 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    exiled_red
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:12 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:12 PM
    Thanks, I hadn't thought about the cosmetic door being a problem but that makes sense . I will check that out and if that isn't the problem I will see about reporting it faulty and getting it replaced
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

229Posts Today

2,190Users online

Martin's Twitter