Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bratali
    • By bratali 4th Jan 18, 8:57 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    bratali
    Pcn -
    • 4th Jan 18, 8:57 PM
    Pcn - 4th Jan 18 at 8:57 PM
    Hi There,

I got a parking invoice in August - when I was in search of an old £1 coin as the parking machine didn't accept the new ones at the time. On returning to the vehicle with change, I found the invoice (from County Parking Enforcement). I appealed this invoice and was told by them that my appeal was unsuccessful. I then further appealed with the Independent
    Appeals Service in September. I have not heard anything further from them regarding this. (Although my online login on their 'portal' tells me I'm too late to appeal - although I have already appealled back in September) I then received a letter from DRP Ltd warning of court action etc. I can't seem to get in contact with the IAS via electronic or telephonic means, so I wrote them a postal letter towards the end of December trying to get an answer as to why they have not responded to my appeal. I have subsequently received a further letter form the DRP ltd again saying I must pay ... or they will recommend court action. I have let DRP ltd know (on 2 occasions) that I am in the process of trying to contact the IAS to find out what the appeal resolution is, but they are argumentative, aggressive and unhelpful over the phone.

Can anyone tell me how to speak to someone at the IAS so that I can get to the bottom of my appeal before I have many more sleepless nights over this £140 PCN.

Many Thanks Advance
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 4th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    • 33,195 Posts
    • 39,118 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    Have you read the newbies thread ?
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th Jan 18, 9:02 PM
    • 18,315 Posts
    • 23,197 Thanks
    Redx
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:02 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:02 PM
    the IAS are a law unto themselves

personally I would not allow one sleepless night over it

and you can ignore those fools at DRP, they are powerless

post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread deals with ignoring debt collectors
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • bratali
    • By bratali 4th Jan 18, 9:50 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bratali
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:50 PM
    no NtK
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:50 PM
    just to add, I don't believe I have received a NtK...

all my comm's to date...
    I got the invoice on my dashboard
    then an email stating my appeal was unsuccessful
    then 2 letters of demand from DRP ltd

what should a NtK look like?

sorry for the questions but I don't have £140
    Last edited by bratali; 04-01-2018 at 9:56 PM.
    • bratali
    • By bratali 4th Jan 18, 9:52 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bratali
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:52 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:52 PM
    I have but I'm in search of the IAS's number to find out about my appeal and it seems to be elusive ... and they are not responding to my letter :-/
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jan 18, 11:28 PM
    • 58,368 Posts
    • 71,888 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:28 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:28 PM
    No-one tries to PHONE the IAS, or Debt Recovery Plus!

Stop.

I really mean - STOP. Step away from the phone, ignore the letters and come back if a claim arrives.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 4th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    • 36,799 Posts
    • 83,269 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    I have but I'm in search of the IAS's number to find out about my appeal and it seems to be elusive ... and they are not responding to my letter :-/
    Originally posted by bratali
    As above, DO NOT 'PHONE ANYONE about a parking scam, ever.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • bratali
    • By bratali 5th Jan 18, 8:57 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bratali
    • 5th Jan 18, 8:57 AM
    thanks
    • 5th Jan 18, 8:57 AM
    I slept so well last night - and I'm putting the parking invoice file at the bottom of my pile until I receive a letter from a genuine solicitor!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Jan 18, 9:15 AM
    • 9,471 Posts
    • 9,222 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:15 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:15 AM
    they are argumentative, aggressive and unhelpful over the phone.

In matters such as this, a paper trail is worth its weight in gold. Never phone a scammer.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Jan 18, 11:33 PM
    • 58,368 Posts
    • 71,888 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I slept so well last night - and I'm putting the parking invoice file at the bottom of my pile until I receive a letter from a genuine solicitor!
    Originally posted by bratali
    As an aside, please contact WHICH? magazine using the easy link from this thread to tell them briefly of your plight. The more people who contact WHICH, the more likely they are to take up this unregulated scam industry as their next cause:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5765579
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• bratali
    • By bratali 6th Jan 18, 7:47 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bratali
    which!
    no problem, I've done the which survey!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,846Posts Today

8,079Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin