Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Purplesagerider
    • By Purplesagerider 4th Jan 18, 6:09 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Purplesagerider
    Beware: Dunelm "Three Hour" Reserve and Collect is actually "within 48 hour response"
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:09 PM
    Beware: Dunelm "Three Hour" Reserve and Collect is actually "within 48 hour response" 4th Jan 18 at 6:09 PM
    BEWARE OF DUNELM's "THREE HOUR" RESERVE AND COLLECT.

Dunelm's three hour reserve and collect is not a three hour reserve and collect service at all. Once you have reserved your product (which is of course in stock at the store of your choice on the computer system) and you have received your e-mail reservation number, Dunelm unertakes to let you know within two days (up to 48 hours) when the product is ready for you. The soonest, or minimum that it undetrtakes to provide a response to you is the three hours. The problem is that this gives staff up to 48 hours to locate the product in the store/warehouse and put it aside for you before sending you a ready to collect text/phone. In the meantime it may be sold, damaged (Or I guess conceivably be stolen even) BEFORE the staff member "picks"/"selects" the product for you (as I discovered).
    Once you have received the ready-to-collect text/e-mail/call it will hold the product for 48 hours for you. As I was told it is an "up to 48 hour" reserve service.
    Amazing, but true. It is unlike most of the other retailers who once the give you a reservation number have already put the product aside for you.
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 4th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    • 12,196 Posts
    • 8,246 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    BEWARE of posting on the wrong board.*

*no time limit specified.
    • ssparks2003
    • By ssparks2003 4th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 372 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    ssparks2003
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    Great post; so what's the problem that you want assistance with?
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 4th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 8,499 Posts
    • 6,270 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    Come on guys, It's the Poster's first post!
    • Purplesagerider
    • By Purplesagerider 4th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purplesagerider
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    First post, any thoughts of a better place to put this information
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    Hi!
    I am sorry if this is the wrong area in the Forum to put this. If anyone can direct me to a better place/heading/area to post it where it will do the most good I will happily re-post it there. I just thought that consumers in the UK looking to use Dunelm Mills Three Hour Reserve-and-Collect Service should know what they are letting themselves in for.
    P.
    • Purplesagerider
    • By Purplesagerider 4th Jan 18, 9:12 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purplesagerider
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:12 PM
    First post, any thoughts of a better place to put this information
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:12 PM
    Hi!
    I am sorry if this is the wrong area in the Forum to put this. If anyone can direct me to a better place/heading/area to post it where it will do the most good I will happily re-post it there. I just thought that consumers in the UK looking to use Dunelm Mills Three Hour Reserve-and-Collect Service should know what they are letting themselves in for based on my experiences in the past 36 hours.
    P.
    • Greta Sharbo
    • By Greta Sharbo 4th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Greta Sharbo
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    Should have been in the 'praise/vents/warning' (just above this one) but not to worry - we all get things wrong once
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,820Posts Today

8,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin