Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • valdorcia
    • By valdorcia 4th Jan 18, 6:07 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    valdorcia
    Fluttering Ticket - UK Parking Ltd
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:07 PM
    Fluttering Ticket - UK Parking Ltd 4th Jan 18 at 6:07 PM
    Fluttering ticket at Castle Car Park, WIndsor

1. Valid parking ticket flipped upside down on 7 October 2017.
    2. PCN on windscreen on 7 October 2017.
    3. PCN Parking Solutions appeal with photographic evidence on 7 October 2017 - rejected.
    4. IAS appeal rejected on 11 November 2017.
    5. Letter received from Ultimate Customer Solutions on 5 December 2017.

Unfortunately, I have found this forum and read the FAQ's for Newbies after the above events and making all the mistakes... i.e. driver name and address, etc.

The initial charge was 60, increased to 100 after 14 days, and increased again to 160 on the debt collector's letter.

I am going to ignore the letter as suggested but concerned how this will pan out considering mistakes that I made earlier.

If this case goes to court what are the chances that I will win and in the worst case, a rough idea of additional cost will incur if I loose.

I would be grateful if you can advise on best course of action and the likely outcome of the above.

Thank you for reading
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 4th Jan 18, 6:16 PM
    • 9,514 Posts
    • 9,287 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:16 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:16 PM
    Some reading

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213982109-Fluttering-Ticket-Robodefence

C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INe tCache\IE\ZMET9WNC\Complete_JC_Report_2006.pdf
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    • 35,912 Posts
    • 20,185 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    The newbies faq thread explains what next after appeals fail.

If you do get a court claim then that thread does show you how to defend as well as a walkthrough the court procedure

If you do end up with a court hearing and win you can hope for your expenses attending court plus any other allowable expenses (though loss of earnings is capped)

If you lose then reckon on around 175
    • valdorcia
    • By valdorcia 5th Jan 18, 1:52 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    valdorcia
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:52 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:52 PM
    Thank you The Deep, very helpful indeed. I wonder if any court claims won in the past for the fluttering ticket case. I noted council PCN are more accommodating than the PPC, and also never come across any successful stories for cases relate to the PPC...
    • valdorcia
    • By valdorcia 5th Jan 18, 2:05 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    valdorcia
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:05 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:05 PM
    The newbies faq thread explains what next after appeals fail.

If you do get a court claim then that thread does show you how to defend as well as a walkthrough the court procedure

If you do end up with a court hearing and win you can hope for your expenses attending court plus any other allowable expenses (though loss of earnings is capped)

If you lose then reckon on around 175
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Thank you for your notes Quentin. I will try to follow the guides when it comes to the next stage. I take 175 is the expenses on top of what the PPC claim for? - in this case the final account would likely be 100 or more I guess, but on what account? This is all scam in the first place but is there any justification in the charge going up from 60 to 160 or more? There is no actual loss to the PPC since I have already paid the parking fee of 8...
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 5th Jan 18, 6:51 PM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,442 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 5th Jan 18, 6:51 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 6:51 PM
    The justification is : that!!!8217;s how much they want to get from you. Your review of cases will have shown it!!!8217;s all made up rubbish.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Jan 18, 7:05 PM
    • 9,514 Posts
    • 9,287 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 5th Jan 18, 7:05 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 7:05 PM
    As you say, it is a scam, and judges are increasing recognizing it as such and finding for the defendant, some reading

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=fluttering+ticket +prankster&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_en-GBGB707GB707&q=fluttering+ticket+prankster&gs_l=hp ..0.0.0.0.0.18064...........0.CJkfUQw_AZc&gws_rd=s sl

There may be ways to hurt the PPC, read about counterclaiming for harassment, stress, breach of the Data Protection Act, and unreasonable conduct costs.
    Last edited by The Deep; 06-01-2018 at 6:18 PM.
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 25th Mar 18, 6:02 AM
    • 577 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    claxtome
    • 25th Mar 18, 6:02 AM
    • 25th Mar 18, 6:02 AM
    Any news/update?
    • prowla
    • By prowla 25th Mar 18, 8:17 AM
    • 9,823 Posts
    • 7,914 Thanks
    prowla
    • 25th Mar 18, 8:17 AM
    • 25th Mar 18, 8:17 AM
    As a general comment; after a fluttering ticket incident a few years ago, I've taken to using a clothes peg to hold my parking ticket in place on the dash (of course ensuring it is readable).
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 25th Mar 18, 8:52 AM
    • 3,022 Posts
    • 4,604 Thanks
    fisherjim
    As a general comment; after a fluttering ticket incident a few years ago, I've taken to using a clothes peg to hold my parking ticket in place on the dash (of course ensuring it is readable).
    Originally posted by prowla
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tikettak-caravan-windscreen-permit-parking/dp/B00CORTF1M/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1521964339&sr= 1-5&keywords=parking+ticket+holder+windscreen
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 25th Mar 18, 11:36 AM
    • 9,514 Posts
    • 9,287 Thanks
    The Deep
    As you will by now have gathered, this is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 25th Mar 18, 12:01 PM
    • 36,812 Posts
    • 83,300 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Thank you The Deep, very helpful indeed. I wonder if any court claims won in the past for the fluttering ticket case. I noted council PCN are more accommodating than the PPC, and also never come across any successful stories for cases relate to the PPC...
    Originally posted by valdorcia
    Here's one.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=sticky
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

117Posts Today

2,021Users online

Martin's Twitter