Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 4th Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    • 60,464Posts
    • 43,104Thanks
    soolin
    question for RMbusiness users
    • 4th Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    question for RMbusiness users 4th Jan 18 at 4:01 PM
    I have been trying to get through to RM business help with no success- but thought someone here might know the answer. (i'm actually on hold for live chat and have been for 20 minutes but alarmingly the wait time has shot up from 9 minutes, when I started to 48 now!)

I use a RM business account via click and drop, print labels on click and drop bag them into sacks separating 1st/2nd/ LL/parcels etc and attach a manifest and drop them at the mail centre. When I work I used to bag them all late the night before and then my OH would drop them off for me the next day- but I had a strange message from RM saying to make sure my dates tallied - so does this mean I can only print and manifest on the day they are dropped off?

I have some long days as a freelancer next week and won't be able to get up early enough to do all the printing before I leave, so I will either have to turn off ebay or risk bagging everything the night before, but it would be nice to know if I can actually do it all the day before without causing issues.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 4th Jan 18, 4:09 PM
    • 60,464 Posts
    • 43,104 Thanks
    soolin
    • 4th Jan 18, 4:09 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 4:09 PM
    UPDATE: I just got through and apparently I can't do it the night before, the manifest and labels MUST show the date on which they are dropped off. So, ebay account going on holiday settings for a few days then, such a shame.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 4th Jan 18, 5:49 PM
    • 12,198 Posts
    • 8,247 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:49 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:49 PM
    Ah pity I didn't see this earlier.

It's the same with DMO (can't believe it's being retired). If I am packing for a weekend - let's say a bank holiday - I will date the labels for the Tuesday but print them on the Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The Tuesday date will show all the labels on the manifest and will be collected without issue.

Can you change the date with C&D?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 4th Jan 18, 6:25 PM
    • 60,464 Posts
    • 43,104 Thanks
    soolin
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:25 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:25 PM
    Ah pity I didn't see this earlier.

It's the same with DMO (can't believe it's being retired). If I am packing for a weekend - let's say a bank holiday - I will date the labels for the Tuesday but print them on the Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The Tuesday date will show all the labels on the manifest and will be collected without issue.

Can you change the date with C&D?
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Not that I can see unfortunately .
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 8th Jan 18, 9:09 AM
    • 3,396 Posts
    • 1,935 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:09 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:09 AM
    So what are the alternatives to dispatch manager online and click and drop? Is the old way of sticking on the printed impressions and print a manifest still an option?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,195Posts Today

8,253Users online

Martin's Twitter