Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jazzyb10111
    • By jazzyb10111 4th Jan 18, 2:24 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jazzyb10111
    CEL CCJ V company
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:24 PM
    CEL CCJ V company 4th Jan 18 at 2:24 PM
    Hi everyone
    Help needed.

we have applied for a new car but been turned down immediately.
    On investigating it has come to light that CEL have registered a CCJ against our company at Northampton CCBC
    We do not recall anything or and correspondents from either CEL or the court.

The only information we have found is the case number. Ive read lots of forums regarding this. But i ask please for direct help with this.

Please note the vehicle which we think this may be against is registered to our company and not a personal person if that helps.

1, How to defend with a 100% guaranteed win.

2, The CCJ is already on the companies file at credit reference agencies. please advice if the best way to get this set aside and removed from our file.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 17,959 Posts
    • 28,425 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    Look up !!!8216;set aside!!!8217; in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. A set aside is the only way to get the CCJ (and it!!!8217;s credit trashing result) resolved. Paying CEL the costs they were awarded by the court will not resolve this at all.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    • 35,807 Posts
    • 20,058 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    The fact that the creditor is a company makes no difference to the advice you will find here on how to deal with getting a ccj set aside.

Obviously the company applies for the set aside and if successful deals with any repeat claim that arises.
    • bargepole
    • By bargepole 4th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 6,628 Thanks
    bargepole
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    Originally posted by jazzyb10111
    If I knew how to do that, I would not be wasting my time arguing with semi-literate idiots on this forum.

I would be sitting in an expensive wood-panelled office in Lincolns Inn, surrounded by a bevy of mini-skirted secretaries, while my clerks in the next office were busy invoicing my clients at £1,000 per hour.

Meanwhile, Parking Eye would have filed for insolvency two years ago after losing the Beavis case at the Supreme Court, and Indigo would be licking their wounds after having all 83 claims against the nurses dismissed at Cardiff.

Meanwhile, back in the real world ...
    Speeding cases fought: 24 (3 of mine, 21 for others). Cases won: 20. Points on licence: 0. Private Parking Court Cases: Won 33. Lost 10.
    • jazzyb10111
    • By jazzyb10111 4th Jan 18, 2:46 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jazzyb10111
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:46 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:46 PM
    thank you

could you post links on what we have to do also a draft of our defence to get it set aside
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Jan 18, 2:50 PM
    • 35,807 Posts
    • 20,058 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:50 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Set aside is covered there

You will find lots of advice on set aside if you search the forum

And lots of draft defences as well
    Last edited by Quentin; 04-01-2018 at 2:52 PM.
    • jazzyb10111
    • By jazzyb10111 4th Jan 18, 2:50 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jazzyb10111
    you really are up your own !!!! arnt you bargepole remove yourself
    Last edited by jazzyb10111; 04-01-2018 at 2:52 PM.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 4th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    • 4,373 Posts
    • 4,403 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 4th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    I think you've just found yourself/your thread on the ignore list ... not a good position to be in when you're asking for help.

An apology to Mr. Pole for not recognising his humorous sarcasm might yet work in your favour.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 4th Jan 18, 4:28 PM
    • 7,501 Posts
    • 9,983 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 4th Jan 18, 4:28 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 4:28 PM
    WHOOPS ... guess you don't want help after all then ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 4th Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    • 9,435 Posts
    • 9,174 Thanks
    The Deep
    This company of yours, does it sell farting cushions?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 4th Jan 18, 5:11 PM
    • 36,785 Posts
    • 83,250 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I'm out. Anyone who doesn't recognise the amount of work put into this forum, and the NEWBIES thread by people like Bargepole and others needs to do some serious reading, and apologising if they want any further help.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • waamo
    • By waamo 4th Jan 18, 7:15 PM
    • 3,377 Posts
    • 4,493 Thanks
    waamo
    If I knew how to do that, I would not be wasting my time arguing with semi-literate idiots on this .
    Originally posted by bargepole
    To be honest I haven’t even reached the dizzying height of being semi literate.

I thought it was a funny tongue in cheek post with clearly no dig at anybody.

If posts like that offend and people want tea and sympathy go and see a vicar.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jan 18, 10:59 PM
    • 58,303 Posts
    • 71,831 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It was tongue in cheek!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Jan 18, 11:15 PM
    • 17,959 Posts
    • 28,425 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    could you post links on what we have to do also a draft of our defence to get it set aside
    Is there anything else you require, Sir?

We are at your disposal, do not worry about upsetting any forum regular - all are totally disposable, all half a dozen of us, we!!!8217;re thick skinned and will soon come crawling back in order to assist in your every need.

Any chance that a few of us could please help represent your company at the set aside hearing? Don!!!8217;t worry about travel costs, we!!!8217;ll each cover our own in order to you save you a few quid!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 4th Jan 18, 11:59 PM
    • 1,352 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    Lamilad
    How to defend with a 100% guaranteed win.
    Ok here's the inside scoop (this is how I've won all of my cases).... Keep it to yourself!

When you walk into the court room, you shake the judge's hand... A polite gesture is seems... Except concealed in the palm of your hand are two crisp £50 notes... Now this can go wrong if the judge isn't on the same page so to be sure to give them a cheeky wink as you slide the cash into their palm, and tap the side of your nose with your left index finger.

Nicely done! You're halfway there.

Now, the courts work on the 'adversarial system', it's dog eats dog so some aggression is needed.... If it looks like the claimant rep is gaining the upper hand just drag then across the table and headbutt them (I wear glasses so I prefer a solid uppercut to the jaw) - you could opt for an open handed slap but I would follow this up with a poke in the eye to avoid any signs of weakness.

Complete your demolition of their case by dragging their rep face down along the table in 'wild west saloon fight' manner, crashing their head through the dry wall at the other end.

To ensure you get costs, eject the rep into the corridor with a hefty kick up the backside.

The judge will be impressed with the confident, bold delivery of your case and dismiss the claim immediately awarding full costs, including damages for any injury to your knuckles or forehead.

Textbook!
    • waamo
    • By waamo 5th Jan 18, 12:02 AM
    • 3,377 Posts
    • 4,493 Thanks
    waamo
    How the heck do you get away with that? I mean only 2 fifties? It usually takes 3 and a bit more of a robust response to tricky questions.
    This space for hire.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Jan 18, 1:19 AM
    • 36,785 Posts
    • 83,250 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I've never had to resort to actually handing over money. Gawd knows who may have actually touched it, possibly one of those work experience types I shouldn't wonder.

Much better is to simply give the judge the old Freemasons' salute, or better yet, shake the judge's hand whilst curling the right third finger into your own palm and tap the outside of the judges hand with the middle finger of your other hand. He will immediately understand "the handshake" and will dismiss the case e'en before you have parked your bespoke suite trouserings on the polished oak seat, and Saville Row loafers on his brass handrail.

THAT'S how you guarantee a 100% win.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 05-01-2018 at 1:21 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 5th Jan 18, 2:52 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    hire someone to help

I know a bloke that did right well in wales recently , comes highly recommended by the medical profession ,,,,,,,,,
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Jan 18, 8:44 AM
    • 9,435 Posts
    • 9,174 Thanks
    The Deep
    I have always in the past, when loyally serving Madge in the !!!! end of nowhere, found that whiskey always helped as a lubricant in such situations.

Of course it was a bonus that Messrs Saccone and Speed would supply a case of JW fob for about £2.00 a bottle. When I imported my car from India to Bangladesh in 1973 I used two bottles of the beverage. The only downside was that the in charges on both sides of the border insisted that I joined them in a glass. As an FO chappie I prefer gin.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Jan 18, 9:11 AM
    • 17,959 Posts
    • 28,425 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Judge: ‘Your name Sir?’

You: ‘Thomas Shelby’

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,926Users online

Martin's Twitter