Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • snoopynut2002
    • By snoopynut2002 4th Jan 18, 2:19 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    snoopynut2002
    PPI & High Commission Claims
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:19 PM
    PPI & High Commission Claims 4th Jan 18 at 2:19 PM
    Back in November I had a letter from LPF (Littlewoods) saying that despite them rejecting my earlier PPI Claim as they deemed it not mis-sold they were inviting me to make a new type of complaint against them re high commission as regards to the new supreme court decision complete with ref number etc, so logged onto Barclays entered the details on their online form and waiting - I have received a letter back dated 27/11 confirmed receipt of complaint but nothing since.

I will chase them up as they have eight weeks to respond, so end of Jan.

My question is when you make a PPI claim do you do it for both the mis-sold PPI and the high commission or separate claims?

Any help or pointing in right direction would be helpful
    thanks
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 4th Jan 18, 2:25 PM
    • 93,038 Posts
    • 60,430 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:25 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:25 PM
    I will chase them up as they have eight weeks to respond, so end of Jan.
    They actually have longer than that if required. However, you are free to go to the FOS after 8 weeks if there has been no response (although in most cases it is better to wait).

My question is when you make a PPI claim do you do it for both the mis-sold PPI and the high commission or separate claims?
    Technically, there are two separate issues. So, it would be two separate complaints. Most firms are automatically checking under the plevin ruling when they reject the complaint but a small number are inviting you to make a new complaint on that basis and not doing it automatically.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Synergy83
    • By Synergy83 6th Jan 18, 11:20 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Synergy83
    • 6th Jan 18, 11:20 AM
    • 6th Jan 18, 11:20 AM
    i submitted a plevin claim with barclays back in september, got a cheque yesterday
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

68Posts Today

1,912Users online

Martin's Twitter