Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stacey81
    • By Stacey81 4th Jan 18, 1:57 PM
    • 83Posts
    • 202Thanks
    Stacey81
    Naughty Parking peoples
    • 4th Jan 18, 1:57 PM
    Naughty Parking peoples 4th Jan 18 at 1:57 PM
    Hello nice peoples

me started new thread not did write on me old one cause this difwant ticket.

me think me know what me needs to do but me just come check first hope that be OK.
    I gets ticket from Parking Eye say was park in :- The Beehive Centre (Cambridge retail park) for to long. On 27th December 2017.
    Ticket say arrive time :- 11:54:45 Departure Time:- 16:14:53

So here me case.
    As peoples nos me husband helps me he me carer and look after me. me no can drive cause me disabilitys. me van is mobility van.
    YES van was in that care park, buts here sticky bits. Not for all that's time.
    Me husband went get me Obus Oil late morning and then come home then he gos work fix computers for couple hours. on he way home he pop back to same car park as late morning as it by the asda store to get me some things as me is no very well at moments(vapour rub) . He drive to work when me no well so can get home quik and he walk when me well.

We do hab reciet for he second vist. say he go Asda. no have for first visit as he not could get what me needed so not get anything. Hubby going get letter from work say he was at work from 1:30 tos 3:45pm and he think he can get they car park peoples to give info proof he was park in they care park.

me did think just tell them me hubby was at work cause it be truth but hubby say he think they coud say he park in rong car park as it across road. he no did. he had gone Asda, come home, gone work then go back asda before come hiomen gain. He can park free for all day in other car park as he work in store me number plate is regestered. it like Tesco register me number plate so me no get ticket there cause me slow at do me shopping.

Hubby is confussied by pictures they give us as second one no look like bak me van.

where me is confuss is on letter it say me hav tell them who driver was or if i no do i have pay charge (not fine, me remeber that hehe)

but me remeber to that you say never ever tell them who driver was. how me exsplain van no was there who time with out tell them who driver was. i no was in van either trips. me is to sick to go out at moments.

me wants to deal with this soon as i not wells and think maybe will have gos for holiday tos the hospital soon. (no worrys it me second home)

guess me asking, do me just tell them it was 2 trips to same car oark to go Asda in same day. or me give them all info to prove it, tell them me hubby was working and give them evidance of him working during time period theys say. but then me would be giving driver details.

Here letter me get
    Click to see:- Front Page

Click to see:- Back Page

Here reciet for second trip to Asda on Hubby way home from work.
    Click to see:- Shopping Recite

I now me is pain to help but me really do apricate you alls help. lots and lots.

think me need to tell them me was no driver and me van is mobility van no can drive. and tell them van went on 2 trips. not tell them who drive so not need tell them van was else where inbetweens. is this right thing?

Thank you for all helps
    yous friend
    Stacey
    Last edited by Stacey81; 04-01-2018 at 6:25 PM. Reason: fix picture Links
    I glad I find this forum
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jan 18, 12:03 AM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,074 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    guess me asking, do me just tell them it was 2 trips to same car oark to go Asda in same day. or me give them all info to prove it, tell them me hubby was working and give them evidance of him working during time period theys say. but then me would be giving driver details.
    Hi again Stacey!

Yes, I would do the above, show evidence that it was two visits. In your case naming John as the driver isn't a problem, IMHO.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• wizardn3
    • By wizardn3 12th Jan 18, 10:03 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    wizardn3
    Hello Everyone,

This is John here. Stacey's husband. The one who was driving the van the day the PE is accusing me of staying the the Asda car park for over 4 hours.

I had driven to see if Asda had any olbas oil as Stacey had been ill and needed some. As they had none I left the car park not more then 10 mins later. I do not remember what the traffic was that first trip but obviously the ANPR camera failed to see me leaving.

I had gone home and stayed home until I went to work. When I left for work Stacey had asked me to pick up some vapour rub on my way home from work. Their cameras obviously failed to see me enter on this second trip over 3 hours later. Made the purchase at Asda and left. This is when their camera saw me leaving.

As Stacey has shown I have a letter from my manager at work stating that I was at work during the so called 4 hours our van was parked in the Asda car park. I attempted to contact Total Parking which is the company that runs the ANPR cameras where I work. They could not find anything for our plate on that day, said if I could provide a PCN they possibly find it (which is not possible as we did not receive the PCN from them). I am guessing they do not retain records for entry and exit very long unless they issue a PCN against it.

I might be able to get in direct contact with the security that operates in both car parks. There is a security officer that knows that I work in the location that I work. I have been trying to contact him but have not been able to get in touch with him as of yet.

Stacey has sent in PE appeal form naming me as the driver. She has sent the proof that me as the driver was working else where during the time they issued the PCN against.

What are the next steps? Do we need to wait until we here from the PE appeal to see what they are going to do? Or should I start getting things together (since I have a feeling PE is going to ignore the appeal) to be ready for a POPLA appeal?

John
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jan 18, 10:20 PM
    • 17,607 Posts
    • 27,818 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Have you made an appointment to see the Asda manager, because he can cancel these tickets from his desktop computer (the manager at my local Asda told me this)? Take Stacey with you, and ask him why on earth would the two of you and your adapted vehicle have any need to stay on the Asda car park for 4 hours.

Tell him that should this not be cancelled, you will be pursuing Asda, alongside PE, under the Equality Act 2010 and you will be enlisting the support of your MP. In addition, should satisfaction not be reached by the end of the meeting you will be immediately contacting both local and national press as you are so incensed by your treatment at the hands of Asda!!!8217;s agents.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 12-01-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 12th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    • 667 Posts
    • 1,740 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    Hello John

If Stacey gave ParkingEye your name and address as the driver, they must not contact her again.

Their next course of action should be to re-issue the Parking Charge Notice to you as a "Notice to Driver" or alternatively (if they had an ounce of decency) to cancel the charge.

Asda or the Beehive Centre (whichever employed ParkingEye) should really be taking steps to instruct ParkingEye to cancel.
    Last edited by Edna Basher; 12-01-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 10:24 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,074 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes and if they don't cancel, and send you a PCN in your name, you then appeal showing your proof again that you were at work in between.

But definitely complain to Asda, and ring up their Head Office and complain LOUDLY and LONG!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• wizardn3
    • By wizardn3 12th Jan 18, 10:35 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    wizardn3
    I need to clarify something im calling it Asda car park when its not just Asda. Asda does not own the car park they are just the biggest store ( and the one I goto the most) in the retail park which is why I called it Asda car park.

Asda is just one store of many stores in two retail parks that are across the road from each other. The van was parked in the retail park across the road when PE is trying to say it was in the other retail car park.

Once Stacey is strong enough to leave our flat we will go down to Asda and talk with the manager to see what they can do and hopefully cancel the PCN
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,074 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I would still complain to Asda Head Office as they do contract with PE and have a phone number or email address to cancel any PCNs, it's in the User Manual all Asda stores have from PE.

The van was parked in the retail park across the road when PE is trying to say it was in the other retail car park.
    Wow!

• Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jan 18, 10:57 PM
    • 18,119 Posts
    • 22,906 Thanks
    Redx
    AGREED

I used their main website and complained using their complaints procedure , online , eventually I was informed that my vehicle VRM was placed on their "whitelist" and that my vehicle would never receive a parking ticket on any of their UK sites

I to have a disability and also a blue badge

if you dont ask, you dont get , so go to the top because my local store was useless and blamed it all on head office

HEAD OFFICE are the ones who sorted it out for me and told PE to back off
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • pustit
    • By pustit 12th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 140 Thanks
    pustit
    Hello John

If Stacey gave ParkingEye your name and address as the driver, they must not contact her again.

Their next course of action should be to re-issue the Parking Charge Notice to you as a "Notice to Driver" or alternatively (if they had an ounce of decency) to cancel the charge.

Asda or the Beehive Centre (whichever employed ParkingEye) should really be taking steps to instruct ParkingEye to cancel.
    Originally posted by Edna Basher
    See http://www.beehivecentre.co.uk/information/
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 12th Jan 18, 11:46 PM
    • 667 Posts
    • 1,740 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    From the Beehive Centre's website:

Any vehicle on site over the 3 hour maximum time limit will be liable to a parking fine as displayed on signage on the site.
    Parking fines? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Edna Basher; 12-01-2018 at 11:52 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 11:58 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,074 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    An not lawful for disabled motorists anyway. A 'reasonable adjustment' of arbitrary time limits is required.

3 hours for able bodied people (and the service provider must anticipate this) may well not be sufficient for disabled motorists.

• claxtome
    • By claxtome 13th Jan 18, 4:39 AM
    • 560 Posts
    • 653 Thanks
    claxtome
    I am sorry to hear about your double dip case.

I can see you are getting good advice and can't really add to it.

I have had a look at your links to documents and was concerned to see information on them that I wouldn't share on an open forum.

Think it is just the licence plate number in the following posts->

If you are not worried about it that is fine. Just wanted to point it out.
    Last edited by claxtome; 13-01-2018 at 4:46 AM.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Jan 18, 8:47 AM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,979 Thanks
    The Deep
    As double dip cases usually get thrown our in court, I do not think that the OP needs to be too concerned about this.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Stacey81
    • By Stacey81 4th Mar 18, 3:30 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    Stacey81
    Update!
    I got email and letter saying they canceled ticket. but no sure if me for chasing ME. John not has heard anything from them yet so we will wait and see. but i got a new issue for you all me think maybe make you giggle a little!
    I is learning these parking people is really darft you no need brain to do they job!
    i going write what new problem is but add it to this post cause think better than start new post
    I glad I find this forum
    • Stacey81
    • By Stacey81 4th Mar 18, 3:51 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    Stacey81
    CPM give ticket in car park space they no aloud to
    me carer come help me when John was at work one day whilst we was fight other ticket above.
    As she went leave ticket man was bout give her ticket and i say him what you doing? he say she no have permit.
    me exsplain him that there greement that me carers aloud to park in me space or behind us van when they come help me (and help john help me) and that be that way for over 4 years no problems ever.
    we have permit for us van. and where carer park if no in our parking spot it right hind our van infront me patio wall no harming anyone else.

he say he no hear about that so me tell him to go talk he office because it been that way for years. and if he in doubt he ment to knock on me door if it realting to my parking space.

Anyhows he was no so nice and he needed ice cream provbablys cause he no was happy man.

that was a Friday and then on Wednesday again John be at work for he 2 hour break from me care and carer come look after me and she get ticket. she got real upset and me say you NO will pay that. she say have to it fine. me giggle say nope it not. it just paper to put on fire keep us warm!

me called me housing officer and tell him what happen, he first say me nothing he can do. me say yes there is. you can get it cancelled. because ...

now me try exsplain this best me can

2 companys own the buildings in us area. BPHA who me house with and Ringleys.
    Ringleys own the carpark. Exsecpt MY car parking spot.

Ringleys own ALL car parking spots BUT mine, one right outside my flat. That is own by BPHA. which is rent to me part me rental agreement on my flat.

Me housing officer check the land map and he laugh say me know more than he do and me was right and he get it sorted for me. so he call CPM tell them they no have authority to put ticket on ANY vicheal in MY car parking spot unless I call them to ask them to. as CPM is employed by Ringlsy not BPHA.

So me carers ticket get counciled and we burn it was fun hehe that bout month go.

this morning hubby go to go shop and guess what we find on OUR van in OUR car parking space?????

MORE FIRE PAPER just what we need in this yuckie cold weather to keep us warm!

but, i NOT want go through housing officer this time i want fight them me self. me want tell them off for being rude. they no have right to put ticket on me van in me space i no did call them say put ticket on me van so why we got ticket? is that no trespassing and harassment?

problem me is having is ticket make me cross cause they NO think about people who cant see good. everything so tiny. and also keep saying if want appeal or complain which me want to do BOTH you have do it in writing to address above. but cept there is no address me can see.

me find number me can call them from goggling ten maybe can get address form them but they close today.

just want check me is right on say they trespassing and harassing?

me also going complains to ringleys cause if it keeps happening then me carers will refuse come and that no will be good thing and they have make reasonable adjustments.

is me going right direction please me just checking.

thank you all in advance
    you friend
    Stacey
    I glad I find this forum
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 4th Mar 18, 4:06 PM
    • 36,632 Posts
    • 82,982 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Update!
    I got email and letter saying they canceled ticket. but no sure if me for chasing ME. John not has heard anything from them yet so we will wait and see. but i got a new issue for you all me think maybe make you giggle a little!
    I is learning these parking people is really darft you no need brain to do they job!
    i going write what new problem is but add it to this post cause think better than start new post
    Originally posted by Stacey81
    Haha, that made me laugh.

I'm glad you got the carer's ticket cancelled as well, but so sorry you have yet another one to fight.
    At least now you know you can do it, and you will get "your gang" (us) to help you.
    I think you are right that this is trespass and harassment, but writing to them is always better than 'phoning, as then you have proof of what was said.

Have you or John complained to your MP about this? You should as they are finally taking notice.

There was a debate in parliament a month ago and these are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 04-03-2018 at 4:09 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • wizardn3
    • By wizardn3 4th Mar 18, 6:09 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    wizardn3
    I find it interesting how the parliament has been discussing all of the scamming going on by the private parking companies. I hope they will do something to stop all of the scamming and abuse that happens daily by these companies.

I have a question regarding contacting our MP. I just had my leave to remain renewed (FLR Further Leave To Remain) am I allowed to contact our MP? Or does it need to be Stacey. I know it probably sounds like a strange question but I wanted to ask to be sure.

I have attached below the PCN that Stacey is referring to that was attached to our van parked in our parking spot. While that parking permit was not directly in the windscreen it was still on the dash. We have the permit in Stacey's blue badge which I had to move from the windscreen the other day as it was blocking the defroster.

Stacey wanted to me thank claxtome for warning Stacey about posting private data. She appreciated the comment and as you can see by on the pictures she is making sure to block anything that might be private.

We both agree with Fruitcake as to appeal in writing. The problem we have with that is it seems to be difficult to know where to write to as the only address on the PCN is that address for paying. Which would seem to me the wrong address to contact.

I am not sure if it means anything that do not mention POPLA on their PCN they only mention ISA.

I hope I haven't rambled on much and everything makes sense. I tend to write first then post without reading hehe.

John

PCN Page 1: XXXX.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/meI422bwtN4YbcbTltCWKOUwh0474W7lL3SJBzhFvmG
    PCN Page XXXX.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/dIjRZbl60prn2Oe2U3ZovJBEr8VBRXAfDYwgNxuZuuA
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 4th Mar 18, 7:40 PM
    • 36,632 Posts
    • 82,982 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    John, for your MP, I don't see why you can't write on behalf of Stacey, with an explanation of your circumstances, or you can write for her and get her to sign.

PCN page 1

https://amazon.co.uk/photos/share/meI422bwtN4YbcbTltCWKOUwh0474W7lL3SJBzhFvmG

PCN page 2

https://amazon.co.uk/photos/share/dIjRZbl60prn2Oe2U3ZovJBEr8VBRXAfDYwgNxuZuuA

This is the appeals contact page for UKPCM

https://uk-carparkmanagement.co.uk/appeals-centre

On the appeals section it says: -

All appeals must be made in writing and sent to:

Appeals Department
    UK CPM
    PO Box 3114
    Lancing
    BN15 5BR

Because CPM are IPC members, you don't get access to PoPLA. They offer IAS appeals instead, but they are useless and we normally recommend that you don't use this.

From Stacey's previous post: -

2 companys own the buildings in us area. BPHA who me house with and Ringleys.
    Ringleys own the carpark. Exsecpt MY car parking spot.

Ringleys own ALL car parking spots BUT mine, one right outside my flat. That is own by BPHA. which is rent to me part me rental agreement on my flat.

Me housing officer check the land map and he laugh say me know more than he do and me was right and he get it sorted for me. so he call CPM tell them they no have authority to put ticket on ANY vicheal in MY car parking spot unless I call them to ask them to. as CPM is employed by Ringlsy not BPHA.

You should add this information to your appeal, pointing out that ticketing your/the carer's car in your space is trespass. Also point out that they have already been told this, so it is unreasonable and unwarranted harassment.
    This definitely needs to be brought to the attention of your MP as soon as possible.

It would be helpful if you could find your rental agreement that covers your flat and tell us what it says about the parking space.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 04-03-2018 at 8:10 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

• wizardn3
    • By wizardn3 4th Mar 18, 8:37 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    wizardn3
    Since there is no possibility of POPLA and it is ill advised to go the path of IAS would that mean if CPM denies our appeal we would wind up in court?

The rental agreement has is the same as all of the other tenants that have BPHA as a landlord. When Stacey moved in she was told that the spot is the only spot allocated to a flat that is controlled by BPHA. When CPM first came on scene Stacey has to argue with BPHA that this was said, they went looking through their records to see that Stacey was told correctly. When Stacey was fighting the ticket for the carer she mentioned about the spot to our housing officer. The housing officer was surprised to hear about the spot but while talking to Stacey they were able to pull up the property map that shows this to be true. That the car parking spot we park in is the only car parking spot assigned to them (BPHA) which is directly connected to our flat as it is a disabled flat. We can easily get this in writing and it sounds like that would be a good idea to support our appeal letter!

I am going to get a start on writing the letters for both the appeal and to our MP. I might post the letters here if that is going to make sure I have all the wording correct.

John
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 4th Mar 18, 8:44 PM
    • 36,632 Posts
    • 82,982 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good, get the info about the parking space in writing. A copy of the map showing the same would be really useful as well.

By all means post your draft letter here. Just remember to redact personal information.

Not doing an IAS appeal may result in court, but you will get all the help here you need to beat the scam. However, once you show them that the space is not covered by their contract, they should give up. They would be extremely stupid to continue after that.
    You could also tell them that you have beaten three tickets so far, including two of theirs (have I got that right) and you have the whole might of the MSE parking forum helping you.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 04-03-2018 at 8:51 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

742Posts Today

6,859Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin