PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Lovely tray.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Hello!:hello:
    I caught the charity shop bug just before Christmas and have been boring everyone with my deals.. so how perfect to find people who can appreciate the tight wad I am :rotfl:

It all started with a Laura Ashley coat.. brand new with tags for £10!!! And from that point on, the rest is history :p

Off out in a bit to take some bits down.. hopefully won't leave empty handed!
    Debt free by April 2018
    £6392/£7890

Competition wins 2018: Unicorn and Mermaid colouring books
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    I succumbed :o . In my fave rummage shop, which is for a local disabled charity and there's only this one branch, I found a mens 50% cashmere and 50% silk jumper for OH for £2, looks brand new. Also two white M&S bras in my size for 50p each, not underwired :) . One is a slightly padded teeshirt bra, the other just normal. Those don't look worn either.

I resisted a set of eight of each Denby cups and saucers for £5. Was very tempted as we don't own a cup and saucer now, only mugs, but as we only just had a big clear-out this week I didn't dare go home with more stuff. Still regretting it, although realistically we would never have used them except on the rarest occasion, and I'm not one for eBaying. It's only a bargain if I need it!
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Need to go through my wardrobe - there's lots that can go & then I'll have a look for anything that will fill any gaps. Had a look in 2 CS today - some nice things but not my size so came home with a book (Guy Martin) for DH
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • I've just bought a L*ndsend polo shirt in perfect condition for 99p!!
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    You're making me jealous, we could do with some decent charity shops. Two of ours look distinctly scruffy since the original staff went
  • Hi
    Life is difficult as I volunteer at a local charity shop and I am overwhelmed by what people give and sooooo tempted. I have come to the conclusion that it has to be one item in one item out. I have gone through my cookery books and I am sorry Jamie but you have to go, all 4 of you. I did manage to get the Mary Berry cake book which I had lent to son which now seems on a permanent loan.
    I am trying hard to declutter as it will so just be me living in the house so why do I need so many glasses and odd plates. I would be hard pushed to find thirty items a month though.
    I did find a lovely tote bag that has never been out of its bag. Its the world of Peter Rabbit and was made for the foreign market as the price ticket is in Japanese.
    As previously stated it always pays to get friendly with the staff. Sometimes we might have something that is right up your street in the stock room.
    I never seem to find the clothes bargains as often as some of you do. Must try harder!!!
  • Younganddumb
    Younganddumb Posts: 32 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2018 at 5:38PM
    Well! I "only went in to drop off a bag of stuff" this morning.. just about to turn around and leave when I noticed something that had just been brought in on the till.
    Now, I have a slight(ly large) Disney obsession so to say I was ecstatic to be told I could have them for £10 would be an understatement!! :T:T

2jh72q.jpg
    Debt free by April 2018
    £6392/£7890

Competition wins 2018: Unicorn and Mermaid colouring books
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Wow, they are immaculate. What a find!
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• today I was just popping through the kirkgate centre in Bradford when I spotted what I thought was a new shop, when I realised it was a new charity shop, think its local cat charity but not 100%, so thought I would have a quick nosey. I was very impressed nicely laid out with loads of space between racks. I loved the fact that they had a seperate section for ladies sizes over an 18, & it was well stocked with good quality clothes (not very common in most chazzas to have much over a size 16). Chatting with lady on the till, I praised them on have a decent plus size section, she said it was something they had tried as they had had quite a few plus items come in & it had worked as they have had lots of plus sized donation since.

I also commented that the layout was good & the only issue I had was that the hangers they had the size cube was on the inside of the rail, she thanked me for the comment & said yes she hadn't spotted it, but would try to something to improve things.

I ended up picking up an asda shirt for my brother for £2 & a simpsons t shirt for £1.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure