Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • april89
    • By april89 4th Jan 18, 11:16 AM
    • 18Posts
    • 1Thanks
    april89
    Range Cooker recommedations
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:16 AM
    Range Cooker recommedations 4th Jan 18 at 11:16 AM
    My OH and I are looking to replace our current range cooker as two of the hob rings do not work. However, we have no idea what to look for and what features and brands are things to look out for or things to avoid. With a new mortgage (we only moved in four months ago) we're not looking for Miele prices but would prefer to pay for a quality cooker that will last than the cheapest which may not (unless the cheapest will!). Our only requirement as such is that it must be all electric as we don't have a gas supply. Also, if it has any impact, the current cooker is 110cm wide. Thank you!
Page 2
    • kippers
    • By kippers 5th Jan 18, 4:06 PM
    • 1,939 Posts
    • 5,915 Thanks
    kippers
    Take the rack out of the grill pan
    Put some tinfoil in the bottom of the pan
    Replace the rack upside down.

Job's a good un!
    Originally posted by J B
    Tried that but we had flames coming out the vents at the back as the fat was spitting everywhere as the meat was so near the elements still.....i do miss my old fashioned eye level grill but it certainly didnt look as nice lol
    • J B
    • By J B 5th Jan 18, 4:47 PM
    • 2,813 Posts
    • 998 Thanks
    J B
    Tried that but we had flames coming out the vents at the back as the fat was spitting everywhere as the meat was so near the elements still.....i do miss my old fashioned eye level grill but it certainly didnt look as nice lol
    Originally posted by kippers
    Well, it works OK for us ... maybe buy smaller sausages?
    • kippers
    • By kippers 5th Jan 18, 7:22 PM
    • 1,939 Posts
    • 5,915 Thanks
    kippers
    Well, it works OK for us ... maybe buy smaller sausages?
    Originally posted by J B
    Chipolatas lol
    • phoebe1989seb
    • By phoebe1989seb 5th Jan 18, 9:02 PM
    • 3,242 Posts
    • 6,646 Thanks
    phoebe1989seb
    We had a cream dual fuel Rangemaster Elan 110 for twelve years and absolutely loved it. Being shiny enamel, the gas hob/rings were the easiest to clean out of any we looked at - previously we had a smaller (90cm) Rangemaster, possibly the Classic, but that had horrid non-shiny gas hob/rings to which everything stuck like !!!! to a blanket

We were so happy with the Rangemaster Elan that when we bought our next house that had oil heating/no gas, we purchased the all electric (not induction) model. Again the hob was super easy to clean, but despite having the whole house rewired we found that increasing the temperature of either oven to anything over 180 degrees caused the rcd to trip.

Not having glass doors was only an issue when cooking yorkshire puds/souffles, lol!

Imho, the Rangemaster - or at least the Elan - looks more solidly built/better quality than some of the slightly cheaper makes.

Currently we're looking at the Bertazzoni Professional range, but that's probably more than the OP is looking to spend, although occasionally second hand bargains can be found if you're prepared to be patient.......
    Paid off mortgage early - mortgage-free for ten years!

Over 40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
    • Gastines3
    • By Gastines3 6th Jan 18, 7:14 AM
    • 117 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Gastines3
    In our last 5 homes,we move around a lot,we have always had and sold with the property,the Rangemaster900. gas top 2 electric ovens. never had any problems and in our next move,imminent, my wife would like the same again.Yes,I do use it as well.One in France we used off bottled gas with no problems.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

99Posts Today

2,140Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin