Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RAFwife
    • By RAFwife 4th Jan 18, 9:59 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 3Thanks
    RAFwife
    Already claimed - but which one?!
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:59 AM
    Already claimed - but which one?! 4th Jan 18 at 9:59 AM
    Hi, I have recently found paperwork relating to 2 loans which both had PPI. I have claimed one of them already (successfully, I think quite a while back) but I don't know which one. Both are with the same bank
    I am not trying to get more money for the one already claimed for, but am unsure whether to just put a claim in for both on the understanding that I am expecting one to come back as already paid. But I am slightly worried that they will think I am trying to pull a fast one and get done for fraud or something - probably overworrying again, but thought I'd check to see if anyone has had a similar situation. Do I just put something in the comments/application that I am unsure if I have already claimed, or will this effectively be encouraging them to say "Yes, you have claimed for both" which I haven't?!!
    Any advice much appreciated
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 4th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    • 17,284 Posts
    • 18,395 Thanks
    zx81
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    Assuming you mean complained rather than claimed, the easiest thing would be to phone them and ask if redress has been provided on each.

If you do mean you have claimed on the policies, you can still make a complaint, but any payout you receive will be deducted from any reddress.
    • RAFwife
    • By RAFwife 4th Jan 18, 10:51 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    RAFwife
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:51 AM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:51 AM
    Apologies for the confusion, I meant I have already received the PPI money back from one of them, I haven't made a claim against the policy for either.
    Thank you - I'll give them a call and see what they say
    • RAFwife
    • By RAFwife 5th Jan 18, 4:59 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    RAFwife
    • 5th Jan 18, 4:59 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 4:59 PM
    Found all loan and financial Ombudsman paperwork - turns out it was neither of them, it was another loan - winner (hopefully)!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

1,470Users online

Martin's Twitter