Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vernall
    • By vernall 3rd Jan 18, 1:17 PM
    • 450Posts
    • 92Thanks
    vernall
    HSBC and ongoing Direct Debits
    • 3rd Jan 18, 1:17 PM
    HSBC and ongoing Direct Debits 3rd Jan 18 at 1:17 PM
    Hi guys

A few months ago I opened a HSBC advance account and did a switch from an old current account to get the £150 incentive (which I have received). I also opened a 5% regular saver with them,I also plan to stay with them for the 12 months to get the extra £50.

In a few month Tesco are stopping their direct debits and i use them for this account.

My question is do I need to have 2 direct debits on this account anymore anyway?

I can only see in the Ts and Cs that I need to pay in £1750 for 9 months out of the 12 months to get the extra £50
Page 1
    • Midland45
    • By Midland45 3rd Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Midland45
    • 3rd Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    Hi guys

A few months ago I opened a HSBC advance account and did a switch from an old current account to get the £150 incentive (which I have received). I also opened a 5% regular saver with them,I also plan to stay with them for the 12 months to get the extra £50.

In a few month Tesco are stopping their direct debits and i use them for this account.

My question is do I need to have 2 direct debits on this account anymore anyway?

I can only see in the Ts and Cs that I need to pay in £1750 for 9 months out of the 12 months to get the extra £50
    Originally posted by vernall
    As far as I'm aware DDs aren't required for this account going forward after you have received the incentive, only the monthly £1750 pay in, as you have stated.
    Having said that I'm not sure whether I would take the chance of not maintaining 2 DDs until the additional incentive had been received.
    Last edited by Midland45; 03-01-2018 at 1:41 PM.
    • ST-User
    • By ST-User 3rd Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    ST-User
    • 3rd Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    No you don't need them, I've just asked HSBC with the same question and they confirmed that the account doesn't need DD's. You can delete them after getting the switch incentive.
    • gwapenut
    • By gwapenut 5th Jan 18, 4:28 PM
    • 922 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    gwapenut
    • 5th Jan 18, 4:28 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 4:28 PM
    As far as I'm aware DDs aren't required for this account going forward after you have received the incentive, only the monthly £1750 pay in, as you have stated.
    Having said that I'm not sure whether I would take the chance of not maintaining 2 DDs until the additional incentive had been received.
    Originally posted by Midland45
    I think you don't even need a £1750 monthly pay in - they also say that they accept £10500 every 6 months.

I'm hoping by paying a total of £10500 in twice a year that I will qualify for my bonus ...
    • Tractorman123
    • By Tractorman123 6th Jan 18, 12:25 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Tractorman123
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:25 AM
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:25 AM
    That's good then about the dd's, one less thing to worry about. I'm meaning to carry on with a new regular saver this month (after current one matures) but will keep rotating the £1750 in and out but just keep a minimum balance in the advance account as I've had it over 12months.
    • Ballard
    • By Ballard 6th Jan 18, 3:27 AM
    • 1,861 Posts
    • 1,652 Thanks
    Ballard
    • 6th Jan 18, 3:27 AM
    • 6th Jan 18, 3:27 AM
    I donít have any direct debits for my HSBC account but still received the bonus. Two standing orders was sufficient as per their t&cs. I simply set them up to accounts of mine elsewhere.
    I got a letter from the government the other day. I opened it and read it. It said they were suckers.
    • vernall
    • By vernall 6th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    vernall
    • 6th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    I donít have any direct debits for my HSBC account but still received the bonus. Two standing orders was sufficient as per their t&cs. I simply set them up to accounts of mine elsewhere.
    Originally posted by Ballard

do we need standing orders then?
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 6th Jan 18, 2:08 PM
    • 30,157 Posts
    • 18,015 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 6th Jan 18, 2:08 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 2:08 PM
    do we need standing orders then?
    Originally posted by vernall
    You needed to switch DDs and/or SOs for the incentive.
    You didn't need to maintain either, not even until the £150 incentive was paid.
    There is no ongoing DD or SO requirement for either the current account itself or for the regular saver, or for the £50 incentive a year later.

But don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. Read your T&Cs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,552Posts Today

6,094Users online

Martin's Twitter