Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jellybro
    • By Jellybro 2nd Jan 18, 7:23 PM
    • 130Posts
    • 129Thanks
    Jellybro
    0 WOW
    Holidays with a dog
    • 2nd Jan 18, 7:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Holidays with a dog 2nd Jan 18 at 7:23 PM
    Hi all,

We have a new member of the family... a lovely little cavalier.
    Have any of you got any recommendations for holiday cottages or hotels that are dog friendly. It doesnít matter where, but thinking ahead to the summer it might be nice to go away.

Thanks in advance!
Page 3
    • whippetowner
    • By whippetowner 18th Feb 18, 9:23 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    whippetowner
    we have 2 whippets we have taken to somerset Snowdonia and a few other places

we have used cottages but now stick to static caravans as they are normally cheaper as well as been on a site so plenty of people to chat to

we decide where we want to go then look for camp sites with statics to hire most of them have a dog friendly one to hire

there are plenty sites next to great places to go walking with your dog
    • Jellybro
    • By Jellybro 11th Aug 18, 6:10 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    Jellybro
    Thanks to all who replied.
    We booked a holiday lodge in Cornwall in the end, as I was gifted some Hoseasons vouchers.
    The lodge was perfect for us, and it had a hot tub!
    They were called Avallon lodges, near Launceston, on a farm. Peaceful, tranquil and perfect for us and the dog! I highly recommend them!
    • hollie.weimeraner
    • By hollie.weimeraner 13th Aug 18, 10:03 AM
    • 1,574 Posts
    • 1,076 Thanks
    hollie.weimeraner
    We like to holiday with our dog and have used the Landmark Trust, Rural Retreats and The Blakeney Cottage Company (fab stay in dog friendly Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk). We're trying Unique Home Stays later this year.

OP asks for recommendations and the order of preference would be Blakeney Cottages, Rural Retreats and then the Landmark Trust. We did try a B&B but sadly can't recommend.

HTH
    Originally posted by Timpu
    We love Blakeney. Fabulous place for dog friendly accommodation and can highly recommend Blakeney Boltholes as we've stayed there numerous times.
    3.975 KW Solar PV. 15 Canadian Black 265w panels with Sunny Boy 3600tl Inverter. SSE facing with 30 degree pitch. In occasionally sunny Sheffield.
    Toyota Auris Hybrid Tourer
    Toyota Yaris Hybrid
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,919Posts Today

6,475Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin