Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MotoringMore
    • By MotoringMore 2nd Jan 18, 6:05 PM
    • 81Posts
    • 328Thanks
    MotoringMore
    0 WOW
    Wombling 2018!
    • 2nd Jan 18, 6:05 PM
    0 WOW
    Wombling 2018! 2nd Jan 18 at 6:05 PM
    Hi all,

As some of you may be aware, there used to be some yearly wombling threads on here however, these seem to have been discontinued so why don't we start again?

All you have to do is a post about any successful wombles which could be...

- Found ASDA receipts for the Asda Price Guarantee
    - Found Sainsburys/Morrisons/Tesco receipts that you gain the Nectar/More/Club card points off
    - Roadkill (Money found in the 'wild')

The idea is to keep a running total to see who the wombling champion of 2018 will be!

Contestants
    ------------------
    1) MotoringMore - £10
    2) nelie - 48p
    3) Ladykernow - 1p
    4) tracey29 - Yet to egin
    5) Needananswer - £42.74
    6) Adventureofmemories - Yet to Begin
    7) NBLondon - £1.28
    8) Katiehound - 5p
    9) vickthestick - Yet to Begin
    10) bugslet - 4p
    11) Fingerbobs - £2.32
    12) never too old - £10.68
    13) ma-ri-ella - £2.15
    ------------------
    Clubcard Points are 1p per point no matter if used in a boost promotion
    A McDonalds coffee bean is worth 22p

------------------
    Last Updated 01/03 at 10:55 - If you have an issue with your number allocation please inform me ASAP. Also, to make my life easier, if you could place your running total in your signature, it'd be much appreciated! Also, if I have missed a post or if I've allocated values wrong, please inform me - good luck all!
    Last edited by MotoringMore; 17-03-2018 at 8:17 AM. Reason: Updated Standings
    Motorsport Fanatic - Couponer - Comper - Wombler
Page 4
    • never too old
    • By never too old 30th Jan 18, 6:33 PM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 30,073 Thanks
    never too old
    Evening all,just a small one from me today.
    40 p APG
    Wombling in 2018. 314 cc. 113 nec. £2.68 apg
    45 mm
    2 coffee beans(44p)
    5p rk
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 31st Jan 18, 4:20 PM
    • 4,271 Posts
    • 38,649 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Found my first RK- but won't spend it all at once!!

The interesting thing is that I have been going near /to Morrisons- a new country!!
    The bottle bank bin yields lots of new / nearly new bags for life.
    So far I have discovered the cheapie yoghurt that earns 300 more points- fine for 37 pence spend!!
    Yesterday I also spent £1.09 on some great plants- original prices over £21!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ..39 cc+.840mm(84p) + RK £3.07= £4.30
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 2nd Feb 18, 1:11 PM
    • 336 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    need an answer
    £26 of wombled S nectar points from the swipe and win promotion running this weekend.

200 points and 5000

worth a look for discarded receipts(and discarded till spits) if you are out and about over the weekend
    in S 23 T 18 F 40
    out S 31 T 14 F 26
    2017 -32
    • never too old
    • By never too old 2nd Feb 18, 1:46 PM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 30,073 Thanks
    never too old
    £26 of wombled S nectar points from the swipe and win promotion running this weekend.

200 points and 5000

worth a look for discarded receipts(and discarded till spits) if you are out and about over the weekend
    Originally posted by need an answer
    wow thats amazing
    continually amazes me how people throw coupons and receipts away.
    That said i wish a few more in my area would
    45 mm
    2 coffee beans(44p)
    5p rk
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 5th Feb 18, 9:03 AM
    • 336 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    need an answer
    It has been a good weekend of wombling.
    I managed another 3 x 200 nectar points at S so £3

and a gentle stroll around the car park at A after closing yesterday afternoon gave a return of £12.66 in APG.

I think that the weekend was good mainly because of the swipe and win promo but also large shops at month end/beginning.

That's probably most of my total for the month TBH, as the next few weeks I am busy with other things.
    in S 23 T 18 F 40
    out S 31 T 14 F 26
    2017 -32
    • Fingerbobs
    • By Fingerbobs 5th Feb 18, 9:52 AM
    • 373 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    Fingerbobs
    My total for January 2018: £2.32.

Mostly Tesco Clubcard points, but a few Nectars from Sainsbury's.

I wish I had a nearby Asda. APGs seem to be the big earners.
    Last edited by Fingerbobs; 05-02-2018 at 2:00 PM.
    • never too old
    • By never too old 5th Feb 18, 2:58 PM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 30,073 Thanks
    never too old
    Afternoon all
    a small one from me 3 cc.

45 mm
    2 coffee beans(44p)
    5p rk
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 5th Feb 18, 3:17 PM
    • 1,725 Posts
    • 8,412 Thanks
    NBLondon

200 points and 5000

Originally posted by need an answer
    Well - the chap in front of me at the self-service till left theirs in it - only 200 though and I got a 500 of my own. Then the Coinstar provided 24p, 4 Euro cents and a dime.
    Womble #7 - Running Total £9.56 $1.99 Ä3.35 S//0.10 (that's supposed to be 10 Ukrainian kopiyki but the site is refusing to display the symbol) Bds$0.10 A$0.05 C$0.88 S$0.20 zl0.02 (Polish grosze) LB0.22 (Bulgarian stotinka) ISKr 5 DKr 0.50 CHF 0.50
    • Chickendinner0
    • By Chickendinner0 5th Feb 18, 7:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Chickendinner0
    Wow, loving this idea!

Can I ask, does it say in the receipt if the points have been collected or not?

Or am I missing the point !!!128580;
    • never too old
    • By never too old 6th Feb 18, 9:52 AM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 30,073 Thanks
    never too old
    Wow, loving this idea!

Can I ask, does it say in the receipt if the points have been collected or not?

Or am I missing the point !!!128580;
    Originally posted by Chickendinner0
    Morning

If you find a supermarket receipt like morris*ns or mr t, sainsbobs you can see if the points have been added,It will say you could have earnt x amount of points on this transaction.with apg if you find a receipt you can look online and check (if its a used apg receipt it will say once online that it has been used on an email.

I hope that helps
    45 mm
    2 coffee beans(44p)
    5p rk
    • ma-ri-ella
    • By ma-ri-ella 7th Feb 18, 6:53 PM
    • 937 Posts
    • 8,962 Thanks
    ma-ri-ella
    first successful womble of the year - 1.90 apg . oh an 25 clubcard points . My Tesco balance is super low , obvious i don't shop there much . I do well with little receipt finds that do fine for shoppix/receipt hog etc or those upload a receipt for a chance to win cause i don't do that much shopping
    91.50£365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty
    20,000 step a day challenge
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 9th Feb 18, 1:38 PM
    • 336 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    need an answer
    Just a small 44p CC points for me this week.
    in S 23 T 18 F 40
    out S 31 T 14 F 26
    2017 -32
    • never too old
    • By never too old 11th Feb 18, 7:28 AM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 30,073 Thanks
    never too old
    morning all

i found a very wet receipt in Mr T which has given me 87 cc
    and also 2 Mc D coffee beans.
    Happy Wombling
    45 mm
    2 coffee beans(44p)
    5p rk
    • never too old
    • By never too old 12th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 30,073 Thanks
    never too old
    Evening

please can you add £ 1.23 apg to my total
    45 mm
    2 coffee beans(44p)
    5p rk
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 13th Feb 18, 3:10 PM
    • 336 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    need an answer
    a small 12 cc points today please.
    in S 23 T 18 F 40
    out S 31 T 14 F 26
    2017 -32
    • fluffy chick
    • By fluffy chick 14th Feb 18, 10:50 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    fluffy chick
    Tesco Wombling and being humiliated by staff
    Hi everyone just thought I would let you know what happened to me at Tesco, Wragby Road, Lincoln store.
    Iím on a low income so my family and friends quite often give me their receipts which I then add to my card.
    Just after Christmas I went to add my points and was told I would have to wait for them to be checked. The security guard then came over and took the receipts. I was left waiting for 10 minutes whilst they checked their cctv. He then came back and said the receipts were not mine. He then proceeded to rip them up in my face in front of a big queue of people. I was soooo humiliated. I havenít been able to go back into Tesco since.
    • MotoringMore
    • By MotoringMore 14th Feb 18, 3:03 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 328 Thanks
    MotoringMore
    Hi everyone just thought I would let you know what happened to me at Tesco, Wragby Road, Lincoln store.
    Iím on a low income so my family and friends quite often give me their receipts which I then add to my card.
    Just after Christmas I went to add my points and was told I would have to wait for them to be checked. The security guard then came over and took the receipts. I was left waiting for 10 minutes whilst they checked their cctv. He then came back and said the receipts were not mine. He then proceeded to rip them up in my face in front of a big queue of people. I was soooo humiliated. I havenít been able to go back into Tesco since.
    Originally posted by fluffy chick
    That is terrible - you can understand their reasoning however the humiliation in this context is out of order, did you email Tesco and complain about the poor staff conduct?
    • catm8ndo
    • By catm8ndo 14th Feb 18, 7:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    catm8ndo
    Does anyone have any tips on printing off the APG vouchers? It seems quite wasteful and costly to print off one voucher per A4 page. Especially when the voucher is for a small amount like 25p.

I looked at photoshopping 6 vouchers onto 1 A4 page, but it took a little while and the end result was too blurry to scan in the store, so had to be entered manually by the cashier.

Anyone found a quick and efficient solution to printing them off?
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 15th Feb 18, 8:33 AM
    • 336 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    need an answer
    Does anyone have any tips on printing off the APG vouchers? It seems quite wasteful and costly to print off one voucher per A4 page. Especially when the voucher is for a small amount like 25p.

I looked at photoshopping 6 vouchers onto 1 A4 page, but it took a little while and the end result was too blurry to scan in the store, so had to be entered manually by the cashier.

Originally posted by catm8ndo
    I suppose you have to take your price point and work off that.
    I have an HP printer with contract ink. 50 pages I believe for £1.99 per month it's enough for my use and over the course of the month I will print APG's that in effect pay for the cost of the printing.

I guess if a 25p wombled APG is not worth you printing then just move on and print the ones where you feel you get value for money on.
    in S 23 T 18 F 40
    out S 31 T 14 F 26
    2017 -32
    • MotoringMore
    • By MotoringMore 15th Feb 18, 8:46 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 328 Thanks
    MotoringMore

Originally posted by catm8ndo
    I normally use Word 2010 and have about 4 on one page
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,811Posts Today

8,596Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin