Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gillian Bendall
    • By Gillian Bendall 2nd Jan 18, 4:50 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Gillian Bendall
    High Energy Bills
    • 2nd Jan 18, 4:50 PM
    High Energy Bills 2nd Jan 18 at 4:50 PM
    Hi, my in-laws (pensioners) living alone are paying nearly 8000 GBP a year for their electricity. It is the only source of energy going into the house but seems outrageously high to me. I'm living in France so have nothing to compare it to.
    Scottish Power came out to look and the representative said that it looked like they had the meters mixed up but nothing happened after the visit. They are on direct debit but when I look at the bill and payment information on their Scottish Power account they are not consistent with the amount they are billing and taking out of their account.
    My in-laws are in their mid 80's and this is becoming very stressful for them. Any advice?
    They have already paid over 4500GBP and there is now a demand for over 3000GBP for 2017.
Page 2
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 12th Jan 18, 1:13 PM
    • 827 Posts
    • 766 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    You have schools that will pay around 8,000 per year in energy bills.

And you do have a source to compare it to. Your own. Energy is a bit cheaper than the costs in France and I assume that they are spending more than you....
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 12th Jan 18, 1:48 PM
    • 2,662 Posts
    • 1,738 Thanks
    Robin9
    You have schools that will pay around 8,000 per year in energy bills.

Originally posted by NineDeuce
    Have I missed something here ? Who mentioned schools - the property is described as large
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 12th Jan 18, 2:53 PM
    • 827 Posts
    • 766 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    Have I missed something here ? Who mentioned schools - the property is described as large
    Originally posted by Robin9
    School is used as a comparison. And building size is not the only comparative factor
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

1,645Users online

Martin's Twitter