Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 2nd Jan 18, 1:22 PM
    • 956Posts
    • 744Thanks
    Computersaysno
    New BPA code of Practice issued...
    • 2nd Jan 18, 1:22 PM
    New BPA code of Practice issued... 2nd Jan 18 at 1:22 PM
    BPA Code of Practice

The AOS is supported by the BPA Code of Practice 2012 - Version 7, January 2018. The changes made are listed here.
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
Page 2
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 3rd Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    • 7,507 Posts
    • 9,994 Thanks
    beamerguy
    But might any of this apply?
    Clause 10.1 - You must ensure your staff and agents are competent to carry out the tasks they are employed to do.
    Clause 10.2 - You must provide good quality appropriate education and training to all staff for the general job specific and legal (for example, health and safety) elements of their role. We may require you to evidence how you do this during an audit.
    Clause 10.3 - You will keep your employees’ education and training records for a minimum of 3 years and make them available to the BPA during an audit or on request.
    Originally posted by Guys Dad
    I would think it would ... the Norris factor would
    be an agent
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 3rd Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 7,507 Posts
    • 9,994 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Anyone get the impression that this updated code
    has had helping hands by the MP's in the upcoming
    private members bill
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 3rd Jan 18, 1:21 PM
    • 667 Posts
    • 1,740 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    Clause 13.2 and 30.2 - If the parking location is one where parking is normally permitted, you must allow the driver a reasonable grace period in addition to the parking event before enforcement action is taken. In such instances the grace period must be a minimum of 10 minutes.

I like this rewording. This seems to help where there are ANPR and tickets as well. Possibly even in ANPR cases only too.

Entering a car park and driving round looking for a space can not be described as a "parking event". Stopping the car , switching off the ignition, handbrake on, leaving it for a period and starting to move off etc is the "parking event.
    Originally posted by Guys Dad
    Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but I still don't like the rewording, GD.

If it had been worded to state "in advance of the parking event" then I would have been happy. However, I think that "in addition to" may be interpreted as relating to either side of the "parking event" or even after the "parking event". At least that's how I expect POPLA will interpret it - but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 3rd Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    • 10,477 Posts
    • 9,782 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but I still don't like the rewording, GD.

If it had been worded to state "in advance of the parking event" then I would have been happy. However, I think that "in addition to" may be interpreted as relating to either side of the "parking event" or even after the "parking event". At least that's how I expect POPLA will interpret it - but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Originally posted by Edna Basher
    I understand your point and can agree with your sentiments, However, many PPCs use time entered/left as per their ANPRs as "the parking time", not the time on tickets.

By mentioning a parking event, this firmly concentrates the mind on parking and not entering the site.

If our legal members on here can't make use of this wording to our advantage with many cases, I would be most surprised.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 5th Jan 18, 1:47 PM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 3,575 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Clause 23.1c - Before serving a Letter Before Claim and prior to the issue of proceedings, Operators must, if no responses have been received to the NTD/NTK/reminder letters, take reasonable endeavours to ensure that the person being written to is the correct party.

very helpful for set asides.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

381Posts Today

4,414Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin