Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 1st Jan 18, 6:54 PM
    • 1,741Posts
    • 3,171Thanks
    faerielight
    Anyone here taking CBD oil?
    • 1st Jan 18, 6:54 PM
    Anyone here taking CBD oil? 1st Jan 18 at 6:54 PM
    I've been taking it a month, it's helped dramatically with sleep and anxiety, but the pain relief I initially felt is wearing off.. Do any of you take it and what is it working/;not working for?
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE
Page 2
    • Tygermoth
    • By Tygermoth 13th Jan 18, 1:19 PM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    Tygermoth
    A little update - My lovely dog has Crohn's.

He was having a massive flare up which he was under the local animal hospital as he was so unwell - the symptoms literally stopped dead with the first dose. He's also improved in mood and activity so i am very very pleased.

On a side note i suffer with restless legs and on nicking some of the dogs capsules its also worked for me too.

Last edited by Tygermoth; 13-01-2018 at 1:24 PM.
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
    • maky
    • By maky 19th Jan 18, 5:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    maky
    I take it ocassionally, as it helping with my panic attacks.
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 20th Jan 18, 9:04 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    it's worth trying as it's really helped my anxiety and sleep.. I researched the companies as there are a lot of rip offs and settled on cbd brothers.. the purple and white are the best ones for calming. I use te purple paste as it is the most ecconomical as the dose is minute, 1/2 grain of rice /
    Originally posted by faerielight
    Where do you order from?
    CC2 = 8687.86 (10000 )CC1 = 0 (9983 ); Reusing shopping bags savings =5.80 vs spent 1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
    • kittie
    • By kittie 21st Jan 18, 8:19 AM
    • 12,446 Posts
    • 78,958 Thanks
    kittie
    I have taken maybe 6 doses of oil under my tongue, over three months I only take it when I need to break the pain cycle, when I feel that my back is compressed and causting sciatic pain. I do use a teeter inverter, which stretches out the disc spaces but in the meantime the cbd oil gives some extra help and breaks that cycle so that I remain straight and comfortable

I have one spare bottle put away and more than half the first small bottle left, I use 1/3 to 1/2 pipette at a time. I only use the highest quality oil at 1000mg strength, which costs a great deal of money and I get it from
    https://www.chemist-4-u.com/pharmacy/pain-relief/cbd?dir=asc&order=price

Now I have tried cbd, I will not be without it but will only use it when absolutely needed
    • kittie
    • By kittie 21st Jan 18, 8:28 AM
    • 12,446 Posts
    • 78,958 Thanks
    kittie
    I have just looked up cbd brothers and their reviews are not at all good

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/cbdbrothers.com
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 21st Jan 18, 1:19 PM
    • 4,604 Posts
    • 9,639 Thanks
    minimad1970
    I've been using CBD bros purple paste, grain of rice size, and one 50mg capsule for just over 2 weeks. I was hoping it would help my insomnia but it's no better. It seems to be effective for other people though.
    • suejb2
    • By suejb2 17th Feb 18, 3:48 PM
    • 1,439 Posts
    • 2,180 Thanks
    suejb2
    Cbd
    Received my sample of green paste and purple paste today. Tried half a grain of rice worth of purple paste. Under my tongue, tastes a bit earthy.

"Blimey.....good stuff this" turns out I was experiencing the Welsh earthquake all the way here in Manchester!
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 17th Feb 18, 5:08 PM
    • 4,604 Posts
    • 9,639 Thanks
    minimad1970
    I've been using CBD bros purple paste, grain of rice size, and one 50mg capsule for just over 2 weeks. I was hoping it would help my insomnia but it's no better. It seems to be effective for other people though.
    Originally posted by minimad1970
    I stuck with it for 6 weeks but there was no improvement in my insomnia, anxiety or depression. I'm now going to give this one a try, concentrating on the insomnia first.
    https://www.terpenes-uk.co.uk/product-page/granddaddy-purps

Received my sample of green paste and purple paste today. Tried half a grain of rice worth of purple paste. Under my tongue, tastes a bit earthy

"Blimey.....good stuff this" turns out I was experiencing the Welsh earthquake all the way here in Manchester!
    Originally posted by suejb2
    It tastes like a farmyard smells I sandwiched it between 2 chocolate buttons.
    I felt it whilst walking my dog in the New Forest
    • MXW
    • By MXW 20th Feb 18, 12:55 PM
    • 510 Posts
    • 228 Thanks
    MXW
    I've tried the green paste, purple capsules and blue oil and none of them have had any effect.
    Any advice on which one I should be taking for anxiety?

Many thanks
  • archived user
    I've ordered some for my husband from Holland and Barrett and am hoping it helps with his aches and pains...Only problem he's wondering whether to declare it to his site foreman on the building site.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 16th Mar 18, 3:39 PM
    • 6,693 Posts
    • 43,549 Thanks
    Gers
    My weekend visitor (from Germany) was trying to get some here so I ordered it online for her. At the same time I ordered some for myself, hoping that it would ease the osteo-arthritic pain in my right knee though I was sceptical.

Two and a half days in and I'm impressed. I've got the raw stuff, taste is not so bad, and my pain has certainly eased a whole lot, in fact I'm mostly plain free at night. The night time pain was the worst as I would often wake up because of it.

I ordered from https://www.fortheageless.com/ and it arrived the next day (ordered two bottles).

Fingers crossed for continued benefits.
    • Mojisola
    • By Mojisola 28th Mar 18, 4:25 PM
    • 29,808 Posts
    • 76,403 Thanks
    Mojisola
    I have just looked up cbd brothers and their reviews are not at all good

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/cbdbrothers.com
    Originally posted by kittie
    56 reviews and 4 stars - not good?
    • LunaaLouuby
    • By LunaaLouuby 4th Apr 18, 5:21 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    LunaaLouuby
    Has anyone had any success taking CBD oil for IBS/GERD/Stomach Cramps?
    • Robbie2007
    • By Robbie2007 14th May 18, 11:17 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Robbie2007
    Hi guys,

I have suffered with chronic back pain from and old sports injury. i have done some research into cbd cream helping relieve aches and pains. has anyone ever used isodiol bioactive rapid cream before? does cbd cream actually work?
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 14th May 18, 4:27 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 1,486 Thanks
    JDPower
    Hi guys,

I have suffered with chronic back pain from and old sports injury. i have done some research into cbd cream helping relieve aches and pains. has anyone ever used isodiol bioactive rapid cream before? does cbd cream actually work?
    Originally posted by Robbie2007
    Having looked at that product, it looks like rubbish to me.

If you're on Facebook, join one (or both) of these two groups. They have a wealth of information and lists of recommended/reputable CBD product suppliers:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CBDusersUK

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CBDConsumerGroupUKEU (this one requires you have your groups, likes and friends list publicly visible when you request to join. Can change them back once accepted)
    • Robbie2007
    • By Robbie2007 15th May 18, 9:45 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Robbie2007
    hi thanks for your reply. really? ok i will join the groups now thanks for your advice. do you think i should post the question about isodiol bioactive rapid cream on the facebook group? from my own research it looks good i thought.
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 15th May 18, 4:08 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 1,486 Thanks
    JDPower
    hi thanks for your reply. really? ok i will join the groups now thanks for your advice. do you think i should post the question about isodiol bioactive rapid cream on the facebook group? from my own research it looks good i thought.
    Originally posted by Robbie2007
    There's no reason why you shouldn't (never act on the advice of just one person ), but the recommended suppliers there will have balms and creams with far higher CBD content for a not dissimilar price. That Isodiol doesn't even appear to state how much CBD it contains, which is highly suspicious, and some of it's products appear distinctly snake oily. You will get more benefit from a specific CBD product, and there are plenty of posters in those groups who get good results from CBD balms
    • GAD1981
    • By GAD1981 15th May 18, 10:53 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    GAD1981
    I have fibromyalgia, neuropathy and CFS and cannabis oil has made a huge difference to my pain levels! I've just been taking 3 drops twice a day.
    • deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 16th May 18, 11:47 AM
    • 5,619 Posts
    • 7,900 Thanks
    deannatrois
    I use the green and purple paste. Tastes absolutely awful although you do get used to it. I don't know why but I haven't been able to get into the habit of taking it when the pain is bad. I'm only using it when nothing else helps.

It does help me get off to sleep but doesn't help with staying asleep much. It does help with pain (like I said, I use it when nothing else works). And probably because I don't use it regularly it does have a vague 'feel good' effect. Not strong, but vague. Its not like when you have taken something illegal.
    • Hellokitty123
    • By Hellokitty123 25th May 18, 6:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hellokitty123
    I use aura cbd oil for chronic pain and anxiety and it's amazing. Can't believe I didn't know about it sooner tbh. Totally changed my life
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,213Posts Today

8,079Users online

Martin's Twitter