Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 1st Jan 18, 5:06 PM
    • 53Posts
    • 31Thanks
    Stormy2
    Britannia Parking Final Reminder
    • 1st Jan 18, 5:06 PM
    Britannia Parking Final Reminder 1st Jan 18 at 5:06 PM
    Hello,

We received a Final Reminder from Britannia Parking today. This ticket relates to Saturday 2nd December when the driver parked our car in a college carpark ran by them. The driver put in the correct money for the time we spent there having to put in our car reg details. Signs on the wall state "You do not have to display your ticket" The driver collected our car within the time specified and there was no letter/ticket on our dashboard. We never received anything prior to this Final Demand which states we are now past the discounted period and they are asking for us to pay them 160. They are threatening us with passing this to a Debt Recovery Agent and telling us to go online to pay them which will incur a further 1.50 for fees. We are simply not liable for anything here and would appreciate any help you could give us.

With thanks
    Last edited by Stormy2; 29-01-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Page 5
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 26th Jan 18, 9:51 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    ok forget it , i,m out

you have been told that they will fold atv POPLa , instead you are willing to risk 6 yrs of crap letters and a potential court /ccj

pay up , I,m out
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 26th Jan 18, 9:54 PM
    • 35,136 Posts
    • 19,238 Thanks
    Quentin
    Please don't go elsewhere to look for help if you are thinking of paying for it

Stick with us!!
    • Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 26th Jan 18, 9:55 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Stormy2
    ok forget it , i,m out

you have been told that they will fold atv POPLa , instead you are willing to risk 6 yrs of crap letters and a potential court /ccj

pay up , I,m out
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    no problem
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Jan 18, 9:58 PM
    • 56,269 Posts
    • 69,904 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I keep saying the same thing then people are commenting on how many pages this is going on for. No I haven't. You have suggested I copy paste the linked one even though the email I have makes it look silly... I have looked at it and 3 out of the 4 reasons I can not use which seems as though it will make me look even more of an idiot than I already do... that is why I am writing to all the agencies you suggested and will look for someone to help me with PoPLA after the weekend.
    You appear to be believing the template email from Britannia is something special, and that because they say they complied with the POFA 2012 and spouted some computerised rejection wording at you, that your case is blown out of the water.

Wrong.

Copy the one I gave you.

Adapt it to suit, but no crossing out entire appeal points because you believe Britannia have done something special here. You were reading a completely standard, computerised, template rejection email everyone gets!

Not sure what you mean by looking for someone to help you with POPLA?

Don't pay any 'company' offering to do it for you. Beware, at least check out their reputation in Trust Pilot first!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 29-01-2018 at 8:47 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 26th Jan 18, 10:00 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Stormy2
    Please don't go elsewhere to look for help if you are thinking of paying for it

Stick with us!!
    Originally posted by Quentin
    I was trying to .....then papa came in ......

I was folowing all advice given today.. I've taken screenshots and got together all the docs to send off. I was just going to find someone physical to help me compile the POPLA is all as I am finding that too difficult.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Jan 18, 10:02 PM
    • 56,269 Posts
    • 69,904 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Ah that's good, get that person to use the one I showed you, and edit it a little tiny bit.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 26th Jan 18, 10:03 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Stormy2
    You appear to be believing the template email from Britannia is something special, and that because they say they complied with the POFA 2012 and spouted some computerised rejection wording at you, that your case is blown out of the water.

Wrong.

Copy the one I gave you.

Adapt it to suit, but no crossing out entire appeal points because you believe Britannia have done something special here. You were reading a completely standard, computerised, template rejection email everyone gets!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I do understand what you're saying... it's just the adapt to suit part that I am having problems with. I will try my best and get some help from someone if possible to get this done. If I can't find anybody then ....well I am unsure

Thank you I do appreciate all you are doing.. I do alreay feel a complete fool and that is not a nice way to feel but I'm trying to take this in believe me.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Jan 18, 10:05 PM
    • 56,269 Posts
    • 69,904 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    If you can't find anyone, just copy the other one! Please trust us.

• waamo
    • By waamo 26th Jan 18, 10:11 PM
    • 3,010 Posts
    • 3,889 Thanks
    waamo
    I feel like shouting. Just copy and paste. You will win. Easy. Simple. Just cut and paste.
    This space for hire.
    • Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 29th Jan 18, 11:52 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Stormy2
    I am in the process of collating everything and copy pasting as advised. As you can see I have changed my user name as advised in this thread. However as all the quotes from my posts have my previous username on I am wondering how changing my name will help me now? I started to edit also as advised but again ... the quotes throughout this thread show the originals anyway. Can I get those removed to protect my identity?

Thank you for all your help... I DO trust you... it's me I have no confidence in but I'm getting down to it.

I will let you know the outcome.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Jan 18, 8:47 PM
    • 56,269 Posts
    • 69,904 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes but you might have to send the people who quoted you, a private message.

I will now double check my posts here and will delete your old username if I've quoted it.

• Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 30th Jan 18, 6:32 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Stormy2
    Yes but you might have to send the people who quoted you, a private message.

I will now double check my posts here and will delete your old username if I've quoted it.

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Thank you very much indeed

edit... I have private messaged those who have quoted me .... Quentin's inbox is full though so I can not contact him.
    Last edited by Stormy2; 30-01-2018 at 6:43 AM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 30th Jan 18, 10:52 AM
    • 35,136 Posts
    • 19,238 Thanks
    Quentin
    You still haven't edited out references to who was driving in your posts!
    • Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 30th Jan 18, 8:38 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Stormy2
    You still haven't edited out references to who was driving in your posts!
    Originally posted by Quentin
    I hope I have done this now.
    • Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 1st Feb 18, 11:08 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Stormy2
    I have just finished typing up the POPLA letter. I have a slight concern... obviously it is almost word for word from the one you suggested with only small amendments. There are instances of the word link.... I do not have those links to insert and can only delete that word. I'm hoping without those links it will be ok. I will embed my own photo of the notice saying tickets are not needed to be displayed as advised early on. I will also embed a copy of the Final Reminder letter for proof of their increase in charge and the proof of asking for a fee for using credit/debit cards.

I will let you all know how I get on and thank you again for your assistance... I am aware I was not an easy one for you please know I appreciate your patience.
    • needtechelp
    • By needtechelp 1st Feb 18, 7:55 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    needtechelp
    Same problem
    A family member has received the same kind of letter from Britannia.

No ticket was on the car.

Only just received the FINAL REMINDER.

Location of the contravention though states the name of a public road but it does not state the actual contravention. Date is some time in December.

They do not recall having gone into a car park - however car owner is a blue badge holder

So the template letter which disputes signage etc would not seem relevant.

Should they add a line stating that contravention never occurred.

Should they just send the letter, as is, and just wait for them to come back?

Sorry OP - it just seemed so similar that I wanted to ask the same question.

Thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Feb 18, 8:33 PM
    • 56,269 Posts
    • 69,904 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So the template letter which disputes signage etc would not seem relevant.
    It is designed to fish a POPLA code, that's all, so submit it as is. No alterations. It's deliberately worded.

Should they add a line stating that contravention never occurred.
    No.

This is not your thread so no replies again here please - unfair on Stormy2.

• Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 5th Feb 18, 2:06 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Stormy2
    Hello, I've been unable to do anything until today due to sickness. I've got my appeal ready and gone to the PoPLA site. I thought to choose the option for "the car was not parked improperly." From there it gets personal..... so to state the driver did buy a valid ticket it says "YOU bought a valid ticket" as defence which does not seem right given how I've followed things here. Would you tell me which of the reasons for my appeal will fit better to the template you directed me to please without me having to actually answer questions which state that the keeper actually did the driving. thank you
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Feb 18, 2:08 PM
    • 56,269 Posts
    • 69,904 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I am sure the NEWBIES thread tells you what box to choose and it's not the one you said.

• Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 5th Feb 18, 4:04 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Stormy2
    sorry... off to read again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

18Posts Today

3,796Users online

Martin's Twitter