Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 1st Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    • 10,684Posts
    • 68,390Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings
    • 1st Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings 1st Jan 18 at 11:51 AM
    Good Morning my Lovelies.

And welcome to the new bright and shiny Frump to Fab Thread.

First of all a very big hello and welcome to everyone, newbies, lurkers and returners....and those undecided.

Second let me wish you all “Happy New Year”.

Let’s rock this one!!!!

Well now where do we start this year. We have quite a history here now don’t we. I was thinking this morning about how the thread has developed so for the newbies......a brief potted history.

A few years ago my son took a photo of me. I was horrified. I burst into tears. I could hardly believe my eyes at the image before me. But.......as we know the camera doesn’t lie and I couldn’t argue with what That image revealed.

I went upstairs and stood in front of a full mirror and allowed the awful truth to sink in........never mind frump, I looked like a bag lady.

In my defence.......it was not down to laziness, far from it. I was caring for my semi Paralysed terminally ill husband. My days were full on with caring duties. I scarcely had a spare minute, it was all I could do to shower and brush my teeth sometimes.

All very noble of course but I had completely neglected myself in the process. I had forgotten the simple golden rule........we cannot care for others if we don’t care for ourselves. We cannot give love, if we don’t treat ourselves with love.

How many women forget this simple fact. In our busy lives as mothers, daughters, sisters how often to we put ourselves last on that never ending “to do list”.

As I stood and looked in that mirror I realised the folly of my ways and I resolved to “do something”. I wasn’t sure what exactly but I knew I had to make a start somewhere.

So I started the first Frump to Fab Thread and, as they say, the rest is history. What started as a simple diary to help me make the necessary changes to get me out of “Frumpdom” has become a wonderful friendship group of likeminded women.

Yes some of us are of a certain age but not all. Frumpdom is not the preserve of the middle aged woman who has “let herself go”. Becoming a frump can happen to anyone, young women, even teenagers.

But here’s the good news .......it’s never too late to reverse the process, never too late to ditch the frump, never too late for the caterpillar to turn into a beautiful butterfly or for the ugly duckling to turn into a graceful and elegant swan.

There are no rules to this thread except one.

Kindness please........we don’t judge anyone here, we don’t get into futile pointless arguments, we don’t make nasty comments, we don’t indulge in sarcasm, we don’t bully others, we don’t play mind games and we don’t try to score points by making others feel small.

So all that being said .....if you are ready to change your stars and become that alluring goddess you always longed to be, if you want to reclaim the energy and vitality that was once yours but has somehow disappeared then this is place for you.

Let’s all get fabulous.

Lesson no 1.

Wear perfume, every day. Don’t save it for best. Get out all those unused smellies lurking in the back of the bathroom cabinet or bedside drawer and start using them.

Smell divine......and fabulousity will follow. That’s a promise.

A women who smells gorgeous is gorgeous. It’s the first step on your journey.

Right I’m off to bathe in a sea of perfumed bubbles but first ..........

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 24-01-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Page 92
    • maman
    • By maman 10th Nov 18, 12:33 PM
    • 18,700 Posts
    • 111,670 Thanks
    maman
    Thanks for the humidifier advice LL. I suffer with air con too, not just sinuses but eyes.

I bought another three Boots serums thus week. I'm not sure they're worth the expense, though. Any recommendations for cheaper serums?
    Originally posted by pollypenny

I moved from Boots serum to Clarins which is probably even more expensive! but I love the feeling of nourishing my skin with the oil. humpty, are you still cracking open the capsules or can you buy the oil? I'd like to give it a try.

Just wanted to flag up that if anyone is thinking of a beauty treat to themselves for Christmas or making their list for Santa, the special packs can be really good value.

I'm going to get this one as I use the eye cream so it's well worth it.

https://www.boots.com/clinique-limited-edition-must-have-set-10257479

Benefit have also got my moisturiser in a gift set so all the extras are 'free'. And buying in Boots gives you the points too which are very generous. Oh and I just noticed a 10 points offer online!

I've had a CBA shower this morning. I did no creaming but my face. I am going out in the rain to watch football so my hair will probably get wrecked and I'll have to start all over again!
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 10th Nov 18, 4:55 PM
    • 1,439 Posts
    • 9,298 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    Hello Ladies,

I am still getting pain in my left leg that forces me to stay at home, but my silver lining is that I am able to watch lots of recorded programmes and also to do lots of reading with my feet up.

To any of you feeling unwell I hope you all recover soon.

My grandson paid us an impromptu visit last night, so I was able to give him a really good dinner and have a serious talk with him about why he needs to start making the right choices to move forward with his life.

The Boots Star Buys are always fantastic value and make great gifts or treats for ourselves. This year they are all out of my price range because having saved the 2,000 for my holiday next year, I am now focused on saving my spending money for the holiday.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 11th Nov 18, 8:27 AM
    • 10,684 Posts
    • 68,390 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning lovely ladies.....

SUgarbaby .....glad to see you are feeling a bit brighter......You can't beat a good viewing/reading fest when you need to rest.

I've woken up with a sore shoulder and neck this morning, this is when I really need a soak in the bath. I'll try a shower and some pain relieving gel and a few stretches and then tomorrow I'll try and book an emergency massage. In the meantime I'll give my handheld massager a go although I'll struggle to reach the troublesome spot.

Good news my blood sugars are right down. 5.2. 5.00 and under is "normal" so I'm nearly there, just got to keep it down now. But at least I know I can do it through diet and hopefully I can stay off medication.

Not sure if In the long term I can beat genetics but it's worth a shot.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 11-11-2018 at 8:34 AM.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 11th Nov 18, 8:46 AM
    • 10,684 Posts
    • 68,390 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Sorry IPad playing up. It locks so I have to post and then start again.....hope it's not on the blink just yet.

I have had to get another phone and my car has developed a fault - hopefully not too expensive to sort. It goes into the garage next week. I don't really want to have to buy another iPad just yet although I think I might go for a laptop next time.

I have found making my own serums works fine for me although The Aldi ones are always come highly recommended. Aldi cosmetics win loads of beauty industry awards and compare very favourably with the premium brands. They use exactly the same ingredients.

Although I have to say when I use Aldi products I do not use them near my eyes because sometimes they irritate. But I am like Maman in that respect because my eyes can be dry and sensitive at the best of times.....I gave up with contact lenses In the end because even dailies were problematic.

Anyway time to start the day, see if I can get that shoulder sorted.
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Nov 18, 4:02 PM
    • 18,700 Posts
    • 111,670 Thanks
    maman
    You've done amazingly well to save for your holiday so quickly sugarbaby. I shouldn't be surprised though as whenever you put your mind to something you sort it.

I put in my order for the Benefit and Clinique gift sets and I'll have them delivered free to my local Boots branch. I've clocked up quite a few of their points too which will be useful when I need any more cosmetics.

Not sure if In the long term I can beat genetics but it's worth a shot.
    Originally posted by lessonlearned

Definitely! Even if the cause is genetic then healthy eating won't do you any harm at all.

We went to a Remembrance ceremony this morning at the village war memorial where DH's great uncles are commemorated. His grandfather was the only one of 3 brothers to return. Sounds a bit frivolous but I made sure I looked smart as I think that's important. I wore my black velvet coat with a red scarf to set off my poppy. I also remembered some jewellery and wore my ruby and diamond ring that I inherited from my aunt. That felt right too as my mother and her sisters lost their only brother in WW2.

Then on the way back we stopped at a NT property which has a fascinating history and great artwork.
    https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/sandham-memorial-chapel
    This place is a stone's throw from Highclere Castle which was the home of the Lord Carnarvon that was with Carter when he discovered Tutankhamun's tomb and is now more famously known as the location for Downton Abbey.

It's been a glorious sunny day after a damp start so it was a pleasure driving through the autumn countryside.
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 11th Nov 18, 4:10 PM
    • 17,077 Posts
    • 47,170 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    A penny that took a long time to drop moment today.

After confusing myself with the way different people seem to lose different amounts of weight to go down a dress size (through from half a stone to around 2 stones) - I thought "Duh I do know how much weight I personally have to lose per dress size".

I'd remembered I was a dress size smaller back when on the occasion that I dropped from my normal 8stones, 7 lbs down to 7 stones, 12 lbs. So my personal "dress size drop" comes in at around 8/9 lbs of weight lost. Duh again!!

So I can calculate pretty exactly (based on the way I go by measurements - not weight - these days) as I've got 2 dress sizes more to drop and that means 16-18 lbs of weight left to lose.

So - should be no more than 8-9 weeks to go, therefore about a week into January should be On Target Date - all being well/fingers crossed.

I'll wait till I've gone from 40" hips and bust back to 36" hips and bust to see if the waist has come down from 37" to 26" (28" at the very most) or whether I have to do "something specific" about the waist.

The positive thought for the day was that I'm back to "correct size" (rather than "They are tight") size for 2 "size 14" outdoor jackets bought in the last few years. Trying not to think about needing to lose that remaining stone or so weight to get back into older smart-type size 14 jackets. Just a little incentive to do so when I calculated out that I'd have to spend around 1,000 more than I'm planning on further clothes spending if I can't fit back into those 3 real size 14 jackets, some real size 14 cardigans and a real size 14 smart skirt I have from some years back.
    Last edited by moneyistooshorttomention; 11-11-2018 at 4:17 PM.
    Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world.

It's the only thing that ever has.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 11th Nov 18, 5:15 PM
    • 10,684 Posts
    • 68,390 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Another lovely day here too. Quite warm.

And yes definitely get dressed up to honour our heroes. They deserve no less.

I was in a charity shop the other day and an old boy was in there, flirting with the lady behind the till. He must have been 90 if he was a day, and obviously an ex soldier with a ramrod straight back.

He was so smartly dressed I actually complimented him and he beamed with pride. He wore a black cashmere wool topcoat, a suit, immaculate white shirt and what I think was a regimental tie. You could see your face in his shiny shoes, leather gloves and a long handled umbrella. He looked the dogs wotsits......

The reason I took so much notice was that I had realised he had stepped on a sticky sweet wrapper and it was stuck to his shoe. So I bent down to free it for him. He loved the attention, bless him.

These old soldiers do like to look smart and I think they really do appreciate it when people dress up for them. So yes pulling out the stops for Rembrance Sunday is a great idea. Especially this year when It is so special.

As you know my dad had a sort of low key military funeral, no gun salutes or pipers but there were representatives from his regiment to act as pallbearers and to say a few words. Everyone dressed very smartly in his honour. He was a cantankerous old curmudgeon at times but he was definitely a war hero and he deserved to be sent off in style.

I think we owe all war combatants, animals included, a huge debt of gratitude and it does sadden me when people show a lack of understanding and respect for the sacrifices they made.

I'll get off my soapbox now......

Anyway, I like to see people strutting their stuff in their finery. its fun.
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 11th Nov 18, 5:26 PM
    • 31,424 Posts
    • 60,488 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    We had a very thoughtful day today.

First of all we attended a Remembrance Day service, procession and wreath-laying at a village a couple of miles away.

Then we attended a Reconciliation Service at the German Cemetery at a local beauty spot. Many German people there, including a German Officer in dress uniform. The Salvation army provided the music, there were several hymns, some in German and some in English. The service was bilingual and we could have both poppies and forget-me-nots on crosses. We laid one of each at the foot of the huge cross in the centre of the cemetery.

We felt very humbled by both our Remembrance events.

https://dresdentrust.org/remembrance-day-service-at-the-german-war-cemetery-cannock-chase/

http://www.ternois-tourisme.com/en/history-heritage/remembrance/1600-remembrance-flowers
    Last edited by seven-day-weekend; 11-11-2018 at 5:32 PM.
    Member #10 of 2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
    • humptydumptybits
    • By humptydumptybits 11th Nov 18, 6:12 PM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 3,751 Thanks
    humptydumptybits
    maman I am still opening the capsule because I bought some cheap but I believe Holland and Barret sell the oil.

I think I'm giving up hope on my neck, I've always hated my neck and age hasn't improved it and I think the weight I lost all came off my neck and it looks as scraggy as hell. I'm beginning to think surgery is the only answer.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 12th Nov 18, 10:42 AM
    • 10,684 Posts
    • 68,390 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning lovely ladies.

Another beautiful sunny morning. Going to wrap up and take a stroll to the local shops and then going to plant up some pots for spring colour. If I have time I might even clean the windows......

Feeling really smug this morning. I looked in the mirror and decided I was looking quite trim. Took my stats. The inches are coming off. Two inches off my boobs.wahoo.

Re necks......surgery may be an option but it's a bit drastic not to mention expensive. There are various non surgical ideas you could try first. Just google thread treatments for jawlines.

I have had threading done as part of a reconstructive process after cancer surgery left my face lopsided. I think I paid around 800. That was a couple of years ago now and I am still happy with the results.

If it is a case of "turkey neck" and you have longish hair you could do what the old Hollywood stars like Joan Crawford, Lucille Ball and Barbara Stanwkck used to do. Surgical tape. Cheap as chips and very effective. Again just google for how to videos.

I think you'll find that many of our modern stars use it too. I strongly suspect that Joan Collins uses it as well as some of our younger ones.

They don't get those taut youthful jawlines just from facelifts.
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Nov 18, 1:14 PM
    • 18,700 Posts
    • 111,670 Thanks
    maman
    maman I am still opening the capsule because I bought some cheap but I believe Holland and Barret sell the oil.
    Originally posted by humptydumptybits

Thanks humpty. I've had a bit more time this morning to indulge in a pampering session. I tried the flax oil istead of my serum. I know what you mean about a funny smell but that soon disappeared. I used a whole capsule but it may have been too much. I left it for the 30 minutes but when I put my moisturiser on it was still quite greasy. I'm not going out again today so I have the time to let it soak in. I'll try again tomorrow with a bit less.

My session also included a good defuzz. It's so easy to neglect that when we go into thick tights. Plus loads of creaming and styled my hair. I'm wondering how long (excuse the pun) I can put off my next hair appointment. I think a week today will be my best bet (stylist only does Monday and Saturday).

I'm picking up my beauty treats from Boots tomorrow. It's not just that click and collect is free of charge but it also means I don't have to wait in for the delivery.

I agree about the good reviews for Aldi products LL. I used their day cream regularly until all of a sudden it made my eyes water. I don't know if they changed the formula or what but I can't use it any more.

Glorious autumn day again here and it's so mild. I love it.
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 12th Nov 18, 1:36 PM
    • 12,777 Posts
    • 221,710 Thanks
    greenbee
    Just dropping in to comment on the flaxseed/linseed oil. I've used oil for cleansing/moisturising for years, and the oil I use varies depending on what's available. When I used flaxseed oil, I used to get the odd comment about it smelling like cricket bats but it doesn't last long. I find with oil cleansing I don't generally need a moisturiser, as I'm removing the dirt but not stripping oil from my skin. Apply oil, remove with hot damp cloth after a couple of minutes. It may take a few weeks to rebalance your skin and stop needing moisturiser.

I'm just getting back to it after a month of travel which has meant using wipes and moisturiser, which my skin isn't happy about.

If you wear makeup, oil is great for removing it, but you might want to reapply the oil and wipe off more gently after you've done the makeup removal.

If you have eyelash extensions, don't use oil...
    • humptydumptybits
    • By humptydumptybits 12th Nov 18, 3:52 PM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 3,751 Thanks
    humptydumptybits
    maman I use the flax seed at night, I always expect to wake up to a greasy pillow but it hasn't happened and all signs of oil gone from my skin. I am taking two capsules a day so that is probably helping as well, it has certainly helped with my eyes. I was supposed to put drops in every hours to 2 hours, I am currenly putting them in at bedtime and in the morning which is quite a difference.

I use an Aldi moisturiser, well 2 actually. I use the Soy day cream and also the Soy night cream over my flax seed oil. I like the day one particularly as it is SPF 30 and only costs 1.49 I think, cheap as chips as they say.

Hope you enjoy your Boots treats, it is lovely to have a little splurge occasionally, we can't be sensible all the time. I've been shopping at Sainsbury's, doubled up 50 of nectar points and got some lovely little dresses and tights for my GDs and a jumper and trousers for GS. Treated myself to some new gloves and some undies and I still have 40 of points which I will use to buy some food treats at Christmas. So it was a mixture of moneysaving and splashing out all in one.

I've been on to Sky, heard Martin on tv last week about updating packages and getting the same packages for less money. The guy confirmed this but their system was down so won't know how much I'm saving till tomorrow. I think Martin said 12 a month so not to be sniffed at. I wouldn't have Sky at all for myself but DH loves it and his disability means he relies on entertainment more than most to pass the time and hopefully to distract from pain so it is money well spent even if I think it is a rip off.

LL I have considered a thread lift for my neck, my husband thinks I'm mad and says it looks fine and it is all in my head (funny place for my neck to be!) but I suppose as I've never liked my neck I focus on it. I couldn't really have surgery, I can't be ill as DH relies on me and the kids are too far away to help so recovery from surgery is a no no. I think I might be exaggerating the problem as my skin isn't so loose that I could use tape, I can't explain it really I just think it is scraggy.

Greenbee it is a funny smell isn't it, I do find a drop of lavender oil fixes it though. Have you tried rosehip oil, I've heard that is very good. Probably smells better.
    Last edited by humptydumptybits; Yesterday at 3:56 PM.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 12th Nov 18, 4:22 PM
    • 10,684 Posts
    • 68,390 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Well I didn't do any gardening nor did I clean my filthy windows.

What did I do.....I spent over an hour looking for important documents which I had mislaid.......

This has to stop. It's my own stupid fault. When I moved I just put things away for speed. Trouble is there is no logic to my system. I have too many "safe" places. and I just forget where I have put things.

After the festive season, come the new year, I am going to have a mega Kondo session. . I can't stand living in chaos. .
    • humptydumptybits
    • By humptydumptybits 12th Nov 18, 5:20 PM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 3,751 Thanks
    humptydumptybits
    I think it is understandable to lose things when you move, I don't know many people who would manage a move and not misplace something. The New Year does seem like a good time to have a big sort out. My problem is I tend to throw things away and then realise I need them, not a good idea and no excuse.
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 12th Nov 18, 5:25 PM
    • 17,077 Posts
    • 47,170 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    LL - When you find those documents - little thought for future might be storing them in just one of those large cheapo storage boxes one can readily buy?

I whittled mine down to what will fit into one of those boxes and then use individual folders in them labelled "house", "body", "guaranties", etc as applicable.

I do have to keep the stuff to do specifically with current house in separate boxes - and that takes another one of those boxes and a box file to store all that. There is so much of it - from papers passed on with the house and all the paperwork that had to be done in connection with the nfh here

But that one big box with individual folders does for everything - apart This House paperwork.
    Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world.

It's the only thing that ever has.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 12th Nov 18, 7:08 PM
    • 10,684 Posts
    • 68,390 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Luckily I did find everything in the end, but it was very frustrating and a huge waste of valuable time, and so unlike me. I am usually very well organised and can normally just put my hand on something on demand

I think my big problem is I just have too much stuff. Even too much furniture. The downside of downsizing I guess. Some of the rooms feel cramped and a bit oppressive and of course it makes cleaning more difficult. The house doesn't look cluttered, it's all neat and tidy but the cupboards are too full and I would like fewer chest of drawers, sideboards etc. I want to,"open up the rooms". The scale just seems wrong somehow.

I am not a hoarder but I do have some things that I need to part with but which I am struggling with, mainly my husbands CDs, DVDs etc. And I still have boxes of photographs. Clothes are easy, it's the ephemera and the mountains of paperwork that are the most problematical.

However, come New Year and I will get cracking. And I will be much stricter.

I have put the boys on warning that next May I will be getting a skip and that shed will be cleared, come what may because I need that space. So if DS2 wants his fish tanks etc then he had better get himself sorted.

I don't mind storing his tools, I keep them in the house where they are safe and dry because they are high value.....but mouldy manky old fish tanks.....

And just how long are parents supposed to store their offsprings school and childhood treasures. they have their own establishments now. They can be their own custodians now.
    • humptydumptybits
    • By humptydumptybits 12th Nov 18, 7:50 PM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 3,751 Thanks
    humptydumptybits
    Oh kids and their treasures (or is it junk?) I have managed to get 2 of them to remove all their stuff, one has had most of theirs and the youngest? Well eight years after leaving for uni their room is still full. I set a deadline of next summer for it to be cleared. I'm not sure if I will be very happy if most of it ends up being taken to the tip after I've done free storage for 8 years but at least it will be gone. I really suspect I will be taking most of it to the tip and will try to control my annoyance.

I hate the paperwork for HMRC, we have a BTL in joint names, I have another in my name, we run a little online business (nothing major but 3 or 4k a year and I do a bit of consultancy work which again is probably 2 or 3k a year but at an average of 4 or 5 hours a month it is useful. All of that means lots of paperwork and 2 tax returns. I almost always seem to lose something, an insurance document or receipt for some work I've had done. Drives me mad. I am planning on selling one house, maybe in 12 to 18 months, and cutting out the consultancy work. The next year I will hopefully stop the online business. I then want to buy a house near my DD where we will spend half our time with a view to moving their permanently eventually.

I wonder if it will work out?
    • savingfortomorrow
    • By savingfortomorrow 12th Nov 18, 9:59 PM
    • 530 Posts
    • 3,720 Thanks
    savingfortomorrow
    LL i have a rubbish filing system. it causes so much stress. i basically need to up grade it. i have lost so much vouchers and cheques since moving house. I guess i need to spend a day and bring some order to it in a methodical sense.

As regards the flax seed oil do you use a capsule that is spread to the skin or a bulk liquid. I have used almond oil to remove waterproof mascara. I love the natural oil mix balms that emulsify all the goo off my face. It is difficult to find something that works for each individual skin.
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 12th Nov 18, 10:35 PM
    • 12,777 Posts
    • 221,710 Thanks
    greenbee
    Greenbee it is a funny smell isn't it, I do find a drop of lavender oil fixes it though. Have you tried rosehip oil, I've heard that is very good. Probably smells better.
    Originally posted by humptydumptybits
    Rosehip oil is lovely, but I did find it discoloured my pillowcases if I left it on at night, so it's another one to put on and then remove. My skin loves it when I come home and start using oil instead of wipes or water based cleansers and ordinary moisturisers.

LL - I bought a bright pink 2-drawer filing cabinet, and everything is filed in there (eventually...)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

251Posts Today

3,493Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin