Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 1st Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    • 10,799Posts
    • 70,066Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings
    • 1st Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings 1st Jan 18 at 11:51 AM
    Good Morning my Lovelies.

And welcome to the new bright and shiny Frump to Fab Thread.

First of all a very big hello and welcome to everyone, newbies, lurkers and returners....and those undecided.

Second let me wish you all “Happy New Year”.

Let’s rock this one!!!!

Well now where do we start this year. We have quite a history here now don’t we. I was thinking this morning about how the thread has developed so for the newbies......a brief potted history.

A few years ago my son took a photo of me. I was horrified. I burst into tears. I could hardly believe my eyes at the image before me. But.......as we know the camera doesn’t lie and I couldn’t argue with what That image revealed.

I went upstairs and stood in front of a full mirror and allowed the awful truth to sink in........never mind frump, I looked like a bag lady.

In my defence.......it was not down to laziness, far from it. I was caring for my semi Paralysed terminally ill husband. My days were full on with caring duties. I scarcely had a spare minute, it was all I could do to shower and brush my teeth sometimes.

All very noble of course but I had completely neglected myself in the process. I had forgotten the simple golden rule........we cannot care for others if we don’t care for ourselves. We cannot give love, if we don’t treat ourselves with love.

How many women forget this simple fact. In our busy lives as mothers, daughters, sisters how often to we put ourselves last on that never ending “to do list”.

As I stood and looked in that mirror I realised the folly of my ways and I resolved to “do something”. I wasn’t sure what exactly but I knew I had to make a start somewhere.

So I started the first Frump to Fab Thread and, as they say, the rest is history. What started as a simple diary to help me make the necessary changes to get me out of “Frumpdom” has become a wonderful friendship group of likeminded women.

Yes some of us are of a certain age but not all. Frumpdom is not the preserve of the middle aged woman who has “let herself go”. Becoming a frump can happen to anyone, young women, even teenagers.

But here’s the good news .......it’s never too late to reverse the process, never too late to ditch the frump, never too late for the caterpillar to turn into a beautiful butterfly or for the ugly duckling to turn into a graceful and elegant swan.

There are no rules to this thread except one.

Kindness please........we don’t judge anyone here, we don’t get into futile pointless arguments, we don’t make nasty comments, we don’t indulge in sarcasm, we don’t bully others, we don’t play mind games and we don’t try to score points by making others feel small.

So all that being said .....if you are ready to change your stars and become that alluring goddess you always longed to be, if you want to reclaim the energy and vitality that was once yours but has somehow disappeared then this is place for you.

Let’s all get fabulous.

Lesson no 1.

Wear perfume, every day. Don’t save it for best. Get out all those unused smellies lurking in the back of the bathroom cabinet or bedside drawer and start using them.

Smell divine......and fabulousity will follow. That’s a promise.

A women who smells gorgeous is gorgeous. It’s the first step on your journey.

Right I’m off to bathe in a sea of perfumed bubbles but first ..........

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 24-01-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Page 35
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 16th May 18, 10:51 AM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 9,532 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    Hello Ladies,

I had a good evening at Karaoke last night. I made the effort and wore perfume and layered it with the matching body lotion and body powder. I wore a red sweetheart neckline, short sleeved t-shirt, with one of my long pull on black skirts and my new black patent leather Van Dal sandals. I wore solid gold jewellery with my gold plated Tissot watch.

I sang 5 songs last night as there were only a few singers:

1. Fever by Peggy Lee

2. It's Now Or Never by Elvis

3. Hurt So Good by Susan Cadogan

4. You Were Always On My Mind by Elvis

5. Dream Lover by Bobby Darin

LL thank you for the vote of confidence in my singing abilities, but I cannot imagine myself as a professional singer. I am not an accomplished enough singer in my opinion, even though I get compliments about my singing. My younger daughter and son are the type of personalities that really need me to be available to them. I love singing for fun, but I can enjoy that as I can please myself and there are no expectations. I sing at home, but that is usually the gospel songs that I learnt in childhood and my early adult life as I love singing them.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 16th May 18, 11:24 AM
    • 10,799 Posts
    • 70,066 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Hi Money.

Style and beauty are such personal things. Wasn't it the Bard who said "Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder".

If you are looking for inspiration I would google things like Best Dressed Women of All Time. Some of thecwomen are no longer with us but it will give you a good grounding. Then pick who you like the look of, google her and you should get quite a library of pictures.

There are hundreds of website and blogs who feature women over 40, 50 or 60. So again just google something like Stylish Women Over 50. Some are in the public eye, some are mere mortals like us.

However, having said that style and beauty are indefinable, there does seem to be a general consensus of who were the most stylish women of the 20th century. In no particular order you will see the same names crop up.....Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy/Onassis and Diana, Princess of Wales.

I'll give you a few of my favourites and in no particular order. I have tried to name the quality they have that I think is part of their appeal. My list is by no means complete. I have probably missed dozens of extremely chic, stylish and beautiful women.

As I said starting with Audrey and Jackie. Those women could probably have worn bin liners and still stood out from a crowd, with their sense of style and elegance. The just had that indefinable quality that turns heads.

Marilyn Monro was beautiful and is another great 20th century icon, probably the biggest of all time and yet we never think of her in the same way that Audrey and Jackie are admired for their style.

Like a lot of movie screen sex goddesses, Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot, Claudia Cardinale, Gina Lollabridgida, and our own beloved Dianor Dors, Jayne Mansfield etc they did "sexy" and "gorgeous" down to a T but nevertheless never quite nailed looking chic and elegant. Even the evergreen Joan Collins doesn't always get it right.

So just for a bit of fun, here are just a few of my favourite older ladies .....they are all wildly different.

Helen Mirren.....Elegant, sexy
    Judi Dench - Stylish, funny
    Charlotte Rampling - Cool and chic, dangerous and sexy
    Angela Basset - athletic and powerful
    Tina Turner - glamour, sex on legs
    Christine Binkley.....ageless, she has to have a portrait in her attic
    Elle McPherson ....Ditto. she was called "The Body". You can see why
    Dianne Keaton - quirky
    Rene Russo - stylish, sexy
    Jane Fonda - healthy "All American"
    Katherine Hepburn - great tailoring, practical
    Kate Blancnett -cool, chic, ethereal beauty
    Lauren Bacall - another fan of good tailoring

And then a few really left of field ones......they do not conform to ideas of standard female beauty and their style is definitely unique but it works for them.

Tilda Swinton. - androgenous, unusual
    Yoko Ono - unusual, interesting
    Grace Jones - statuesque, highly original

One thing that I often notice is that although there are some very beautiful Hollywood stars, Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman etc they have the kind of beauty where they can veer from stunning to actually looking pretty awful.

I guess in the old days Hollywood screen goddess had it written into their contracts that they had to be a vision of loveliness at all times. They probably never left the house without full slap and being dressed to the nines. Modern day icons seem able to relax and have off duty days, although the paparazzi like to get the knives out when they do.

I don't have any particular favourite, I love them all. I think we can learn from them all.

They all "scrub up well".

Ps. There are loads of hairstyle websites too. So if you don't see a celeb one then just google something like best haircuts for older women, or best short, medium or long hairstyles.

Right coffee break over.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 16-05-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    • humptydumptybits
    • By humptydumptybits 16th May 18, 12:31 PM
    • 1,748 Posts
    • 5,098 Thanks
    humptydumptybits
    I heard someone being interviewed, can't remember who it was, and they had been a child actor/actress in Hollywood and went to the same studio school as Elizabeth Taylor. They said other kids would come out school with hair untidy, socks rolled down, dirty knees or whatever but Elizabeth Taylor was always immaculate regardless of what she had been doing all day, playing, running round, PE. I think it was a man and he said she came out exactly as she went in.

One of my kids went to school with a little girl who was exactly the same, anyone seeing her come out of school would assume she didn't play but she was actually quite a tomboy but it never seem to mess her up and she repelled dirt.

I've never figured that mystery out. My DD could go into school immaculate and come out looking like a refugee.
    • humptydumptybits
    • By humptydumptybits 16th May 18, 12:33 PM
    • 1,748 Posts
    • 5,098 Thanks
    humptydumptybits
    On the implants thing I remembered last night that I know someone who spent nearly 20k on them a couple of years ago and they failed, she struggled on for a year but eventually had to have them removed and dentures fitted. She was a smoker and was warned that smoking made it more likely they would fail. She did give up smoking but maybe the damage was already done to her gums.
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 16th May 18, 1:20 PM
    • 2,877 Posts
    • 21,063 Thanks
    sashybo
    Hi all,

Have been reading along, just too lazy to post, have been the same with my own diary.

We've been busy out in the garden, have tomatoes, peppers & cucumbers in the greenhouse and courgettes, potatoes, runner beans, radish, beetroot & lettuce outside. Also have some chilli plants in the bathroom as a bit small for the greenhouse at the moment.

Have been trying to keep up my yoga but need to get into a routine and can't seem to do it. My days are all over the place with DH working different shifts all the time & I'm back at work two days a week (also shifts) and obviously I have to work around DS. I'm thinking it will need to be a case of as and when.

Hope you find a dentist you're happy with LL I've been very lucky so far & never needed any work on my teeth. Lunch with your DIL sounds nice, you must all be so excited at the baby being due so soon.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

PAD started 27/01/09 - 11,420 extra paid off debt. Total Debt paid off 55,410
    Loan 1087.20, CC 0% BT 350, Car loans 20,025.59

Have a Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 16th May 18, 10:51 PM
    • 10,799 Posts
    • 70,066 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Hello again.....I have had a busy day. The house has been blitzed from top to bottom ready for the viewings. Just need to nip out and get some flowers in the morning. Fingers crossed again.

Re Elizabeth Taylor. She was stunningly beautiful, even as a child but I don't think she was ever particularly well dressed as such. She made some hideous choices at times. I think for me the definition of good style is that it is ageless and timeless. Poor Liz was a bit of a fashion victim at times, often falling for gimmicks.

I think it was Channel who said that style never goes out of fashion. Slavishly following fashion, whether it's clothes, hairstyles or makeup is never a good idea. Whilst it is nice to keep an eye on trends I think we need to adapt them to suit ourselves, our body shapes, colouring, not just copy them without thinking.

I think Liz Taylor's great tragedy is that she destroyed herself and her exceptional beauty with drink, drugs, unhealthy living, and generally just a life of excess, suffering decades of ill health and an untimely death. Rather like Princess Margaret, another "ravaged beauty". Such a shame to see them end like that.

Ultimately good health is everything, so whilst healthy eating, exercise and a bit of self discipline might seem rather dull at times, good habits will hold back the years and keep us stronger, fitter, healthier and more attractive for longer.

Time for my beauty sleep.....
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 16th May 18, 10:59 PM
    • 10,799 Posts
    • 70,066 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Sashy...I missed out on both yoga and walking today. Sometimes we are just too busy. I think The odd day missed isn't the end of the world, it's when the odd couple of days stretches into weeks or perhaps even months.

I did manage to give myself a massage though. I also have a vibrating cushion type massager, which you place behind your back when seated. After I had finished my cleaning I was a mass of aches and pains, far too sore to even think about exercising, so I used both massagers and also a lavender wheat pack. Things feel a bit easier now.

I am three days into the CBD oil, still a bit too early to say if it will help much.

It was having babies which wrecked my teeth.......up until then they were fine.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 16-05-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    • humptydumptybits
    • By humptydumptybits 17th May 18, 1:51 PM
    • 1,748 Posts
    • 5,098 Thanks
    humptydumptybits
    Hello again.....I have had a busy day. The house has been blitzed from top to bottom ready for the viewings. Just need to nip out and get some flowers in the morning. Fingers crossed again.

Re Elizabeth Taylor. She was stunningly beautiful, even as a child but I don't think she was ever particularly well dressed as such. She made some hideous choices at times. I think for me the definition of good style is that it is ageless and timeless. Poor Liz was a bit of a fashion victim at times, often falling for gimmicks.

I think it was Channel who said that style never goes out of fashion. Slavishly following fashion, whether it's clothes, hairstyles or makeup is never a good idea. Whilst it is nice to keep an eye on trends I think we need to adapt them to suit ourselves, our body shapes, colouring, not just copy them without thinking.

I think Liz Taylor's great tragedy is that she destroyed herself and her exceptional beauty with drink, drugs, unhealthy living, and generally just a life of excess, suffering decades of ill health and an untimely death. Rather like Princess Margaret, another "ravaged beauty". Such a shame to see them end like that.

Ultimately good health is everything, so whilst healthy eating, exercise and a bit of self discipline might seem rather dull at times, good habits will hold back the years and keep us stronger, fitter, healthier and more attractive for longer.

Time for my beauty sleep.....
    Originally posted by lessonlearned
    She was never scruffy and I think that was what the actor was referring to.
    • maman
    • By maman 17th May 18, 2:58 PM
    • 18,862 Posts
    • 112,597 Thanks
    maman
    Interesting that you should be talking about older women LL. I read a very similar article to this one in the newspaper this morning.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/ageism-alive-and-well-studios-wanted-younger-stars-than-keaton-and-fonda-843382.html

Not sure how good or otherwise the film might be, maybe sugarbaby will let us know when it comes out!

I've been for a long walk this morning and had coffee with friends. I had a good compliment about how good my hair looked which is always nice to hear. I'm helping it along with a little highlighting spray on the dark roots.

http://www.boots.com/john-frieda-sheer-blonde-go-blonder-controlled-lightening-spray-100ml-10217282

I don't want to have my highlights done until after my holiday when it always gets bleached/lightened by the sun. Then I'll have rich caramel tones put in as well as blonde.

Hope you get some successful house viewings after all that effort!
    • chanie
    • By chanie 17th May 18, 3:32 PM
    • 2,154 Posts
    • 11,359 Thanks
    chanie
    I had my dentist appointment today. I had booked the children's check ups and thought I had arranged an appointment for myself at another time, but apparently, it was booked for today. Luckily, the dentist said my teeth are in good condition but recommend a deep clean, due to my tea addiction. I'll book that in a few weeks time.
    2018 challenge to save 1000
    Spend less - 1531.90
    Live more - 2032.75
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More - a spending diary
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5576179
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 17th May 18, 4:23 PM
    • 10,799 Posts
    • 70,066 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Today's viewers stayed for a total of 1.3/4hihrs. They had a little break whilst they met the EA to view one a couple of doors away and then came back to mine for a second viewing.

I am exhausted!!!

They loved it. Theres another viewing tomorrow with a single lady so we will just have to wait and see.

Spent a couple of hours on Rightmove looking for my onward purchase. Think I've narrowed it down to a few possibles. If I get good feedback tomorrow then I suppose I had better start viewings myself.

Book Club looks fun, I saw the trailer last time I went to the cinema.

Yes it doesn't surprise me that Male Hollywood moguls wanted younger women. It's often about their own vanity. Much as I love the Bond Films I really think Daniel Craig is now too old for Bond and yet apparently he's doing one more......You rarely hear men being criticised for being too old and they still get the action hero roles even when realistically past their sell by date.

I watched a recent Liam Neeson film the other night. Now I really like him, I'm quite a fan. I love tall men but even I found myself watching the action sequences and thinking, come on Liam you're too old for this now. You'll put your back out......

I do think Hollywood can still be rather prudish at times, they seem to have a problem with older women and the dreaded s.. word. Apparently older women score high on the "yuk" factor when it comes to sex, whereas men of course remain virile stallions....yeah right.

Didn't realise Fonda was 80, she's looking good. Although I hear she's more bionic than the bionic woman, two hip replacements as well as all the cosmetic stuff. Don't know about her knees. Mind it's her teeth ...... I have to,admit I have serious Fonda teeth envy. They must have cost a small fortune.

When you think about it some of these Hollywood stars, the men included, must spend the quivalent of a small country's GDP on maintenance. Tom Cruise wasn't born with those teeth.

Good luck to them. If I had 50k to spare them I'd be flashing a Hollywood smile too......

Maman...your hair colour sounds lovely.

As you know mine is pure white, I like it but Unfortunately it went very thin and whispy at one stage when I was under all that stress and feeling so ill. My hairdresser gave me some fibre stuff you sprinkle on and it really made a huge difference. At one time you could only get it at salons but I see Boots now stock it. Not cheap but a little goes a long way. Thankfully my hair does seem a bit thicker these days, so obviously I'm getting stronger and healthier.

Right off for a stroll, then cook a curry for dinner. Then fling all the windows open tomorrow before the next viewer.....
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 17th May 18, 7:03 PM
    • 31,521 Posts
    • 60,866 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    Well I've been and gone and done it.......

....booked a session with a personal trainer.

I have (reluctantly) been going to the gym since January. I have lost two stone through eating sensibly and I wanted the gym to improve my overall fitness. I have only ever used the treadmill and occasionally the rower.

Anyway today I had finished my workout and was waiting for my husband. A very nice young man in an 'official' tee shirt asked me if I was Ok and told me he did classes twice a week. I said I had not got the confidence to do a class (too old and too heavy), but he just said 'Oh we don't use the 'O' word here, no one is judging you'. Anyway I declined his class but said I would like someone to tell me a good regime for me personally and also to show me how to use the equipment.

He is going to text me a week on Wednesday, when I have returned from Wales, to make a date. Frit!!

On the subject of nice young men, I had occasion to speak to an occupational therapist yesterday about my mother, who is in hospital following another fall. He looked about twelve!! I told mother she was lucky to have such a handsome young man looking after her. She agreed

On the subject of hair, I haven't a clue what colour mine is, although there is grey there. I have been dying it since my forties, just to keep my original dark brown colour. Both my last hairdresser and the present one say my skin tone can still take the dark brown. My hair is also long with a fringe like Davina McCall, but they say I can still take that too. I trust them to say when I am beginning to look like an old hag and need to change the style and/or colour

Good luck with your house viewings LL, both for selling and buying. As I am sure you are aware, it can be very enjoyable but also very stressful. Just be relaxed about it.

And that applies to all, have a relaxing couple of days.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2841160.main_image.jpg?strip=all
    Last edited by seven-day-weekend; 18-05-2018 at 9:20 AM.
    Member #10 of 2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 17th May 18, 9:19 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 9,532 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    Hello Ladies,

Well Done SDW for taking a big step forward in improving your personal fitness.

LL I am sure you will soon get the kind of offer for your home you will find acceptable

I went to see Mood Music at The Old Vic yesterday afternoon and enjoyed it even more than the 1st time I saw this play. I managed to stay awake all the way through the play this time even though I was extremely fatigued. I love the themes of betrayal, loss and misogamy that are weaved through the play. The 2 leads are excellent and the other characters are full bodied and support the 2 leads really well. I had another free ticket.
    • Flo61
    • By Flo61 18th May 18, 7:14 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    Flo61
    I notice there is a shop in one of my neighbouring towns that sells pre loved designer clothes and accessories. It is called expensive mistakes.

LL - I too am in awe of your goals list. You already seem to have achieved a lot especially with health issues to contend with.

Sugar baby - we enjoy reading your poems and hearing about Wayne. Maybe one of your goals could be to take a creative writing class. There could be a romantic/steamy novel in you somewhere...
    • Flo61
    • By Flo61 18th May 18, 7:16 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    Flo61
    And then, with your love of cinema, it could be made into a film...
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 18th May 18, 7:58 AM
    • 10,799 Posts
    • 70,066 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Flo61. Brilliant idea, I'd read that book!! And definitely see the film,!!!
    The shop name sounds a hoot.

Good morning lovely ladies

Another gorgeous day. My viewer is coming at 12.30 then the rest of my day is my own. I shall spent it wisely, enjoying this wonderful sunshine. Tomorrow I'm off to lunch with DS1and DIL and a trip to Mothercare. Impending Grannyhood is starting to feel very real now.

SDW. Well done on taking the plunge and booking a personal trainer, especially as he is a nice handsome young man!!! Go girl.

Last evening I Spent time trawling through Right Move again. Would help if I knew what I wanted. Or, more accurately, I could afford the houses I really like. Lol.

City Apartment, house in the suburbs, cute country cottage, cabin in the woods.....ooh I just don't know. They all have their pluses and minuses.

In all honesty its just not the same without my husband, just not the same excitement. Sorry that sounds like I'm feeling sorry for myself. I'm not (well maybe a little bit) but I'm finding it hard to make a decision as to what kind of property it should be. Hey ho. I'm sure something will have my name on it.

Anyway, better get shaping as we say in Derbyshire. I need coffee.
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 18th May 18, 8:36 AM
    • 17,373 Posts
    • 48,218 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    LL - what's the name of the "fibre stuff" you are now buying from Boots to thicken hair up a bit please?

Second hair query (to anyone) and I've been avoiding dying my hair for years (since it turned white - and I want to) because of the dyes being chemical. I gather there is now at least one "natural" one on the market - ie L'Oreal Profesional Botanea. I've been waiting to read their literature about it for literally weeks after writing asking them for it now (as they've still not sent it to me yet). Has anyone used this (or found any other non-chemical type hair dyes - but not yer standard henna that's been used by hippies for years iyswim) and what do you think of it?

A query unrelated to myself (thankfully - whew!) but I saw LL's comment about implant teeth costing 2,500 each. I thought they were 1,000 each. I'm asking because a friend of mine has ruined her teeth and her dentist told her she will need to have them replaced by implants at some point. When I took a look at them the other day - they actually need replacing already (ie because of the way they look). She's leaving it until she's told it's actually physical necessity to do so (ie because they literally don't work any longer - presumably fallen out). Is it really 2.5k per tooth??? She was quailing at the thought of the 1,000 per tooth I told her I'd read it was.
    If you feel like you don't fit in in this world, it's because you are here to help create a new one.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 18th May 18, 10:50 AM
    • 10,799 Posts
    • 70,066 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Nanogen Fibres. 19.99. You might be able to buy it online a bit cheaper. I've not actually tried that one yet, I'm still using the one the hairdresser gave me. I don't use it every day so it's lasting quite a long time.

Today I used my styling tongs and my hair looks nice and thick without it. It's definitely improving. The fibre stuff is really useful for having photographs, especially when using flash or artificial lighting.

Sorry can't help with the dye enquiry. I have been searching myself. Salons will do vegetable dyes. Problem is white hair is very difficult to colour, especially if you want to avoid chemicals. And even if it takes the colour doesn't seem to last long. The sun will bleach it out very quickly.

If I have mine dyed at all I do it in the winter, purely to brighten it up a little. Have you tried those silver shampoos. I use those from time to time. They stop any "yellowing".

Yes I was quoted 2500 per tooth. I have seen some clinics quoting around 3000. That is for a full implant. There is also something called a mini implant, often referred to as a same day implant. I would imagine they are cheaper because there is less work involved so maybe that is what your friend was quoted.

I think it all depends on things like overall dental health and bone density as to which type of implant is more suitable.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 18-05-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 18th May 18, 11:43 AM
    • 10,799 Posts
    • 70,066 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Full asking price offer received today. Wahoo.
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 18th May 18, 12:04 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 9,532 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    LL what Fantastic News. So happy for you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,123Posts Today

8,512Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin