Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 1st Jan 18, 12:59 AM
    • 17,887Posts
    • 39,402Thanks
    Glad
    The Compers Inn (part 48)
    • 1st Jan 18, 12:59 AM
    The Compers Inn (part 48) 1st Jan 18 at 12:59 AM
    Welcome to the new Inn

for comping and non comping chitchat leaving the rest of the board for comping discussions

previous thread here
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 59
    • indie
    • By indie 2nd Jul 18, 3:00 PM
    • 2,431 Posts
    • 13,579 Thanks
    indie
    Thanks rose, could have been from there.I bet you are sore as i remember when the physio worked on my back i couldn't get out of bed the next day, had to roll out..lol.
    • rosemac
    • By rosemac 2nd Jul 18, 3:10 PM
    • 6,342 Posts
    • 36,332 Thanks
    rosemac
    Not had to roll indie but I can imagine doing so. More or less ok now like before. Could have slapped him but know I have to be on my feet but if he really hurts me will give hin a real warning.
    • sheils6
    • By sheils6 2nd Jul 18, 8:00 PM
    • 15,334 Posts
    • 105,922 Thanks
    sheils6
    Hi everyone,

Been keeping up with you all! Welldone to the winners.

Have had a great break, weather been out of this world and felt like we were abroad. Have seen so many different things.

We do have air conditioning at hotel leanfun! Think we might need to sleep downstairs when we get home as it gets so hot upstairs.

Heading home tomorrow for a few days and celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary.

DD and BF saved a bat from the sea today! BF had to swim out to get him. Seemingly they are getting dehydrated at the moment. She has been giving him water and he has been drinking and will try and release him later tonight. If he won't go someone will come and collect him.
    Must put water out for birds etc when we get home.

sheils x
    July Wins:- Snack bowl and Pepsi Glasses Bottle Pepsi Max Sharing Doritos Pack Ribena bottles 2 GfK Media
    • lomaxsylvia
    • By lomaxsylvia 2nd Jul 18, 9:48 PM
    • 5,879 Posts
    • 34,082 Thanks
    lomaxsylvia
    Evening all, hope you are all OK and big hugs for anyone needing one right now.

Hope you are all coping with all this heat.

We are at DD's looking after all their animals while they are in Portugal. Looks like its been a couple of degrees cooler then than here LOL.

We have booked a holiday near Bridlington for September in a caravan so something to look forward to.

Well done one any wins..
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
    • AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 3rd Jul 18, 7:32 AM
    • 13,859 Posts
    • 58,926 Thanks
    AlfieBlue

Good morning everyone

I hope you're all ok and raring to go on this sweltering
    day!

This heatwave will be with us for a couple more weeks + yet
    & gritters have been deployed to deal with melting roads!

Hope you're feeling sprightly this morning after manipulation
    yesterday rose!

Is your 23rd wedding anniversary today sheils? Many
    congratulations.

Lovely story about the weeny bat being saved by DD and BF,
    do hope it's ok. Wildlife are suffering terribly due to the stifling
    temperatures.

Hi sylv! Lovely to 'see' you. Think the UK is now warmer than
    quite a few other countries! Hope your pet sitting goes well.
    Your holiday in Bridlington sounds ideal - will be lovely to get
    away & something to look forward to.

Just had a surprise delivery of 2 silentnight Anti-alergy pillows turn up. No note inside. Have had a quick look and can't see a competition for them
    Originally posted by indie

Well done indie - wonderful surprise & very comfy win!

Off out this morning to stock up with food provisions. Really
    looking forward to the air conditioning in the supermarket -
    will be absolute bliss in this heat!

Have a lovely and lucky day all and please take care whatever
    your plans.

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    WASPI

Princess Alpha & Chief Faffer of the Alpha-betty thread
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 3rd Jul 18, 7:54 AM
    • 2,129 Posts
    • 35,003 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Morning. Still hot here.

Rose your area was on the BBC Weather as top temperature yesterday. 33 degree. Read article that pollen is worse at 11am and 6pm. Lo to your doctor manipulating your bones made me grunge thinking about it. Hope you are better today.

Indie well done on your win. Love surprises.

Sheils so pleased you had air con in hotel that makes the holiday as you can sleep at night. Holiday sounds great. Congratulations on Wedding anniversary.

Sylvia great to hear from you. It is strange that home is warmer than Portugal. Hope family enjoys their holidays and you everything goes well with your dog sitting. Great you have a holiday booked to look forward too.

Alfie know what you mean about air con in shop. We did that the other day.

Big hugs to anyone needing one.

Take care and be lucky.
    • indie
    • By indie 3rd Jul 18, 8:02 AM
    • 2,431 Posts
    • 13,579 Thanks
    indie
    Morning, there is a lovely breeze outside at the moment. I went and hung some washing out and it's cooler out than in.lol. Congratulations on Wedding anniversary sheils, hope you have a great day. Lovely to read your DD and BF saved the bat. I have to take a urine sample in to vets today so fingers crossed it's ok. I got one earlier but also got a few strange looks from dog for following him around,lol. I am not taking him out for walks at the moment as read the story of the healthy dog dying of heatstroke after going for a walk at 9am. So as he is a little dog he can run around out back till temps drop. Hope you all have a lucky day.
    • mummy2threeboys
    • By mummy2threeboys 3rd Jul 18, 9:58 AM
    • 783 Posts
    • 9,306 Thanks
    mummy2threeboys
    Hi just checking in back from hols in Deal and The house was so lovely I can back dissappointed how terrible my house looks very shabby alas funds sigh. However we did decide our bedroom needs a fresh up so it's now bright yellow with vine wallpaper feature and lots of blues. whites and terracotta with plants. I feel like on holiday every morning.

Very happy anniversary Shiels!

Morning and hugs to all. Very windy here and hot so a wash day it is! Have a wonderful day all , love from us all here xx
    Compers challenge 13/70
    285/2018
    • sheils6
    • By sheils6 3rd Jul 18, 7:48 PM
    • 15,334 Posts
    • 105,922 Thanks
    sheils6
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. I'm afraid I didn't word things very well and it isn't until Friday but I will accept your wishes now for then!
    We are home and it is still roasting hot. Got a second load of washing dry though. It will need to cool down a lot before I can iron though! Missing the air conditioning so will need to hunt out the fan.
    DD's bat was collected by the SSPCA as it didn't fly off last night so hope it will be ok.
    One job we don't need to do is cut the grass anyway. It is looking a bit brown. Maybe have to join you in a rain dance Alfie.

Hope you are managing to keep cool leanfun.

Love Bridlington Sylvia.

Hope your dog's results will be ok indie.

Glad your break at Deal was good mummy2. It looked nice on "Liar"

Off to bring in the washing now. Still got a few things to wash tomorrow but at least I have a clean pair of shorts to wear (will need to iron them)

sheils x
    July Wins:- Snack bowl and Pepsi Glasses Bottle Pepsi Max Sharing Doritos Pack Ribena bottles 2 GfK Media
    • AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 4th Jul 18, 7:25 AM
    • 13,859 Posts
    • 58,926 Thanks
    AlfieBlue

Good morning everyone

I hope you're all well and raring to go on this 'incredible'
    kinda day!

Here's a great idea for some family fun over the summer
    hols!

https://www.24hourchallenge.com/

Did anyone watch the 'nail biting' footie yesterday
    evening?

Welcome back sheils! Will definitely be performing the
    rain dance today - you are most welcome to join in!

Lol re. attempting to get urine sample from your doggie
    indie! I hope it's good news & the test results come
    back clear with no sign of infection. xx

Hi mummy2! I followed episodes of 'Liar' and thought
    Deal looked lovely. So pleased you had such an enjoyable
    time. Love the sound of your newly decorated bedroom
    too!

Got some brilliant news myself about Military Wives Choirs
    & the release of their latest album 'Remember'.

Well, just heard yesterday that it's number 19 in the album
    charts!

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart-update/

Happy happy days! So proud!

Have a lovely & lucky day all and please take care whatever
    your plans.

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    WASPI

• indie
    • By indie 4th Jul 18, 7:35 AM
    • 2,431 Posts
    • 13,579 Thanks
    indie
    Morning, Good news about the dog. The sample was clear so happy with that.Welcome back sheils hope you get the rain you want,lol. I am not doing a dance as find once the rain starts it forgets to stop. Great news about Military Wives Choirs Alfie,you must be very proud. I did watch the footie last night, well all but the penalties as went to pick son and GF up. I can't believe how dirty the Columbians played. At long last the team beat the penalty curse.
    I am having my hair cut later today,then off food shopping. Hope you all have a good day
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 4th Jul 18, 9:13 AM
    • 2,129 Posts
    • 35,003 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Morning. Much cooler here this morning. It was so humid and hot yesterday it was nearly impossible to do anything. Seems this is only for today then hot again mind you it still says 24 degrees in the hall here.

Sheils pleased you are home safely after a great holiday. Expect you are missing air con.

Indie pleased to hear all is well with you dog. Enjoy today and your hair cut. Hope you can buy some tasty treats shopping.

We did watch the football Indie agree with you about Columbia. I decided that if they won I would not watch anymore. Good odds for winning a car.

Mummy2threeboys so pleased to here you enjoyed Deal and had a great hoilday. Bedroom sounds great.

Alfie well done to your DD. You must be bristling with pride. Just been reading we should be doing more than walking for exercise. Thought of you with all your gardening.

Well better tackle the ironing while it is cooler. Take care and be lucky everyone.
    • AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 5th Jul 18, 6:45 AM
    • 13,859 Posts
    • 58,926 Thanks
    AlfieBlue

Good morning everyone
    Hope you're all fine & coping ok in the heat!

It's already very muggy down my way and set to get even
    warmer over the next couple of days. Phew, would love
    a bit of rain!

I'm wondering if you had rain yesterday evening leanfun?
    I was watching the Big NHS Singalong live broadcast from
    London (ITV) & was fairly jealous because they were
    'lucky' enough to have a decent shower! No such
    luck down my way!

Happy birthday today to the wonderful NHS!

Well, must get on - got quite a few errands to run today
    plus comp catch up etc!

Have a lovely & lucky day all & please take care whatever
    your plans.

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    WASPI

• leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 5th Jul 18, 8:07 AM
    • 2,129 Posts
    • 35,003 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Morning. Strangely no rain for us Alfie. Forecast said 20% chance but no not a drop. Odd as it was not so far away. I thought it felt cooler but soon hotted up. DD1 had no rail either.

Yesterday I had a message on TW to say I have won a T shirt with an England logo.

I did a bit of on line shop too. Christy had some great offers on towels. We have had ours for yonks and although they are still soft I have been hankering after some new ones. Just looked back 2 hand and 5 bath towels for 32.40. It was 70% off. No postage if you spent over 30.We will see what they are like when they come.

Two days no football. Plenty of tennis and golf though.

Big hugs to anyone needing one.

Take care and be lucky.
    • sheils6
    • By sheils6 5th Jul 18, 9:04 AM
    • 15,334 Posts
    • 105,922 Thanks
    sheils6

Another lovely morning and forecast is just for 21C which is more my temperature TBH. No rain here either and none forecast.
    Been sleeping downstairs as it is cooler than upstairs. Bought a new double bed for DS1 and GF 's visit so might as well use it.
    Got a problem with upstairs shower leaking so using downstairs bathroom anyway while we wait for plumber (was supposed to come yesterday)
    The resident sparrows have been making use of the water I have been puting out for them so glad I did it even if they are noisy little things.

Great news about the album Alfie.

Well done on the T-shirt win leanfun.

Glad your dog is ok indie.

Hope everyone is well. Enjoy your day and be lucky!

sheils x
    • rosemac
    • By rosemac 5th Jul 18, 11:24 AM
    • 6,342 Posts
    • 36,332 Thanks
    rosemac
    Morning peeps. Hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine. For some reason I have a sore toe. Can't figure it out. It is the one next to my little toe. BBQ is coming back out againe over weekend here so will have to sort out a few things. Was cleaning out a cupboard yesterday and came across three bottles of wine I had completely forgot about. Think they were from around Christmas time. So now in fridge. Need to pop out for a litlle while so DIL is coming down to take me to Asda. Bit stiff and sore but thankfully not in any pain. Still keeping up with gentle physio but not overdoing it. Have to have another hospital check up and x-ray next week.
    • indie
    • By indie 5th Jul 18, 12:07 PM
    • 2,431 Posts
    • 13,579 Thanks
    indie
    Afternoon everyone, suns in and out at the moment but it's hot out. I cut the grass (weeds) yesterday. came in and had to have a quick shower as was soaking with sweat.. Thought i would do it before hair cut as been leaving it and leaving it as there were lots of yellow flowers and the bees and butterflies were visiting daily but hadn't seen any for a few days so thought i would cut them down.Won't be doing it again till the weather changes,lol. I had a small win last night on the daily frubes competition,a changing colour cup so that will please one of my nephews.I am back to work tomorrow for the weekend so making the most of today.
    • AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 6th Jul 18, 6:46 AM
    • 13,859 Posts
    • 58,926 Thanks
    AlfieBlue

Good morning everyone
    Hope you're all ok in this continuing heatwave!

Well done with your cup win indie. I did the same as you
    re. cutting the grass weeds the other day! I also had loads
    of yellow flowers which I'd left for the bees, but not seen any
    bees on them for the last couple of days so I got the mower
    out - looks much better now - back to bare & parched!

Still lots of bees buzzing about thankfully, despite the very
    warm temperatures - I keep reading stories of bees/birds
    suffering from the heat too. Have been topping up my bird
    baths three to four times a day - birds love a good splash
    around, also got little little bee survival containers dotted
    around the garden.

https://www.independent.ie/life/three-simple-things-you-can-leave-out-for-birds-and-bees-during-the-heatwave-37070872.html

Well done winning the England footie t-shirt leanfun - will come
    in handy! Love the sound of the towels you ordered -
    brilliant bargain!

Happy Wedding Anniversary sheils & Mr. sheils!

Hope you both have a wonderful day!

Must be time for a cuppa me thinks! Have a lovely & lucky
    day all and please take care whatever your plans.

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    WASPI

• leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 6th Jul 18, 9:04 AM
    • 2,129 Posts
    • 35,003 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Happy Anniversary Sheila and DH. Love Alfie!!!8217;s pic for you both. Hope you have a great day.

Indie well done on cup win. One of the boys will love it. Hope you feel rested after your few days off. Pleased your dog was ok.

Rose I think you have been doing wonderfully. Hope your toe is feeling better. Enjoy your BBQ at weekend.

We have football to watch tomorrow and DD1s son aged seven is in a musical at six in the evening quite a drive away.

Sunny again here one short sharp shower yesterday.

Take care everyone. Be lucky.
    • sheils6
    • By sheils6 6th Jul 18, 11:22 AM
    • 15,334 Posts
    • 105,922 Thanks
    sheils6

Good morning,

Got one or two clouds about today so not as hot as it has been but fine for us. Had a neighbour in for a few drinks last night which is something we don't normally do. Not even sure why he came to the door! Haven't seen hime for a while as his wife has another house and they spend time together and time apart! Whatever makes them happy I suppose.
    Thanks again for the anniversary wishes Alfie and leanfun.
    We have a bottle of Prosecco in fridge and DD is coming up for dinner.
    She finished her placement this morning (nightshift) so that is her 2nd year done and is off until September. Double celebration!

Plumber is supposed to be coming to reseal the shower so hope he comes as he is off on holiday tomorrow.
    Must get on .

sheils x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,095Posts Today

6,822Users online

Martin's Twitter