Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dantheman1985
    • By dantheman1985 31st Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    • 54Posts
    • 15Thanks
    dantheman1985
    AS Parking
    • 31st Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    AS Parking 31st Dec 17 at 9:23 PM
    Hi all, I!!!8217;ve succesfully contested a postal ticket off As parking a few years ago, after they broke the rules when I was appealing and complained to the BPA, bunch of bullies they are!

Our vehicle has just had a windscreen ticket and I!!!8217;ve noticed they are now with the IPC, I have read the newbie page and understand that I shouldn!!!8217;t do anything until an NTK arrives, my question is what happens if they don!!!8217;t send an NTK and how long should I wait?

Thankyou in advance.
    Last edited by dantheman1985; 20-02-2018 at 7:17 AM.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 31st Dec 17, 9:33 PM
    • 7,184 Posts
    • 6,665 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 31st Dec 17, 9:33 PM
    • 31st Dec 17, 9:33 PM
    ...how long should I wait?
    Originally posted by dantheman1985
    They have up to six years to start court action.
    • dantheman1985
    • By dantheman1985 31st Dec 17, 9:36 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    dantheman1985
    • 31st Dec 17, 9:36 PM
    • 31st Dec 17, 9:36 PM
    They have up to six years to start court action.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Thanks, so when should I appeal if one doesnít arrive?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 31st Dec 17, 9:56 PM
    • 7,184 Posts
    • 6,665 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 31st Dec 17, 9:56 PM
    • 31st Dec 17, 9:56 PM
    I guess you missed this in the first post on the NEWBIES thread:
    In the case of CURRENT IPC AOS MEMBERS ONLY, we now advise to WAIT a month or so, for a Notice to Keeper to arrive and then challenge once online or by email, as the KEEPER, not driver, using the template appeal for IPC members, as shown below.
    • dantheman1985
    • By dantheman1985 31st Dec 17, 10:03 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    dantheman1985
    • 31st Dec 17, 10:03 PM
    • 31st Dec 17, 10:03 PM
    I guess you missed this in the first post on the NEWBIES thread:

Thanks, I did see that, the question Iím trying ask is what if an NTK doesnít arrive in that time? Or is it a given that it will? Thanks again
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 31st Dec 17, 10:05 PM
    • 7,184 Posts
    • 6,665 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 31st Dec 17, 10:05 PM
    • 31st Dec 17, 10:05 PM
    My interpretation of that would be to wait a month or so for a NtK, and after that time, whether a NtK has arrived or not, send the template appeal as keeper.
    • dantheman1985
    • By dantheman1985 31st Dec 17, 10:24 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    dantheman1985
    • 31st Dec 17, 10:24 PM
    • 31st Dec 17, 10:24 PM
    My interpretation of that would be to wait a month or so for a NtK, and after that time, whether a NtK has arrived or not, send the template appeal as keeper.
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Dec 17, 11:01 PM
    • 57,436 Posts
    • 71,029 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 31st Dec 17, 11:01 PM
    • 31st Dec 17, 11:01 PM
    They will send a NTK of sorts, a month or two later. So be patient.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• dantheman1985
    • By dantheman1985 1st Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    dantheman1985
    • 1st Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 1st Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    They will send a NTK of sorts, a month or two later. So be patient.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    So should I wait until it arrives until I appeal? Even if itís longer than a month? On the windscreen ticket they say I have 21 days to appeal, Iím guessing I diregard that
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Jan 18, 5:22 PM
    • 57,436 Posts
    • 71,029 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes and yes. Just wait for the NTK.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• dantheman1985
    • By dantheman1985 9th Feb 18, 3:16 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    dantheman1985
    Hi all, Ive recieved the NTK today and it states that as 21 days have elapsed since the windscreen ticket the ability to appeal is no longer available, unless I consider there to be exceptional circumstances in which case I should appeal in writing using the address provided.....what a joke lol!

Im guessing I just appeal using the template provided in the newbie thread!?

Thanks in advance for any input/advice
    Last edited by dantheman1985; 09-02-2018 at 3:51 PM.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Feb 18, 3:26 PM
    • 3,208 Posts
    • 4,236 Thanks
    waamo
    The Newbies thread has been updated a little so it might be a good idea to give it another try read.
    This space for hire.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Feb 18, 4:16 PM
    • 9,204 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    Moves are afoot in parliament to close down these scammers. Please watch this debate in the H of C last week

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Please help by making a robust complaint to your MP.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • dantheman1985
    • By dantheman1985 9th Feb 18, 4:36 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    dantheman1985
    The Newbies thread has been updated a little so it might be a good idea to give it another try read.
    Originally posted by waamo
    ok, so ive been through it again, its an IPC member, once i have sent the appeal what actually happens if its rejected (sorry if i have missed this bit!)
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Feb 18, 4:58 PM
    • 17,575 Posts
    • 27,786 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    what actually happens if its rejected (sorry if i have missed this bit!)
    Have no doubt, it will be rejected, if they even entertain dealing with the appeal. They argue that the appeal window (of 21 days) commences from the issue of the windscreen ticket. If no appeal is made by the driver, they access the keeper's data from the DVLA between 28 and 56 days following the parking event. By their twisted logic, the only appeal window has already closed, leaving the keeper with no access to any appeal process - not that it matters (other than in a natural justice sense, but this is the Wild West) as it would be rejected in any case.

The DVLA are turning a (yet another!) blind eye to the glaring discrepancy between how the IPC deal with this compared to the BPA who provide full appeal access to both the driver and subsequently the keeper.

So you're now in no man's land, nothing further you can do (unless you can get a landowner cancellation) but wait to see if they issue court proceedings - they have 6 years to do so. If they do, there's help available here to you in drawing up the defence and other documents. The forum has a very high success rate when helping posters through the court process.

Come back if you get any court documents issued to you - do not ignore this stage.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • dantheman1985
    • By dantheman1985 9th Feb 18, 5:44 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    dantheman1985
    Have no doubt, it will be rejected, if they even entertain dealing with the appeal. They argue that the appeal window (of 21 days) commences from the issue of the windscreen ticket. If no appeal is made by the driver, they access the keeper's data from the DVLA between 28 and 56 days following the parking event. By their twisted logic, the only appeal window has already closed, leaving the keeper with no access to any appeal process - not that it matters (other than in a natural justice sense, but this is the Wild West) as it would be rejected in any case.

The DVLA are turning a (yet another!) blind eye to the glaring discrepancy between how the IPC deal with this compared to the BPA who provide full appeal access to both the driver and subsequently the keeper.

So you're now in no man's land, nothing further you can do (unless you can get a landowner cancellation) but wait to see if they issue court proceedings - they have 6 years to do so. If they do, there's help available here to you in drawing up the defence and other documents. The forum has a very high success rate when helping posters through the court process.

Come back if you get any court documents issued to you - do not ignore this stage.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas

thank you for the reply, so do i send the appeal anyway? and also if it goes to court and i lose, whats the worst outcome? Thanks again
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Feb 18, 6:39 PM
    • 17,575 Posts
    • 27,786 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    thank you for the reply, so do i send the appeal anyway? and also if it goes to court and i lose, whats the worst outcome? Thanks again
    Originally posted by dantheman1985
    Nothing to lose in submitting the template appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1. See how they deal with it.

Worst possible outcome if lost at the small claims court - £100 (original charge) £50 for their legal fees max (if incurred - you would seek proof), £25 court filing fee and £25 court hearing fee. £200!

But they could lose - and it could cost them £95 (max for your time off work, or lost leave), your travel cost (@£0.45 per mile) plus (oh, the irony) your parking costs for your time in court. You could also claim for x hours (litigant in person rate) @ £19 per hour for research and preparation time - but judges don't normally agree this unless there is a serious 'unreasonableness' in the PPC proceeding with the claim.

So it's not a one-way street.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 09-02-2018 at 6:43 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • kryten3000
    • By kryten3000 19th Feb 18, 8:35 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    kryten3000
    I suggest waiting until after the GDPR kicks in (25 May 2018) and request the information again as they will have to provide it for free (or explain the reasons why they won't).
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 19th Feb 18, 8:43 PM
    • 2,471 Posts
    • 3,018 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    State you require their !!!8220;evidence!!!8221; you were the driver, as this is denied. Given they have made a very definite statement , this should be trivial to provide.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 19th Feb 18, 8:47 PM
    • 7,184 Posts
    • 6,665 Thanks
    KeithP
    State you require their 'evidence' you were the driver, as this is denied. Given they have made a very definite statement , this should be trivial to provide.
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    I think I can guess their response to that request:
    Our response to your question is 'images are available upon receipt of a 'subject access request', a charge of £10 currently applies. Please send your cheque/postal order to the address below (payable to 'A S Parking')'.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,092Posts Today

6,947Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin