Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 31st Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    • 3,335Posts
    • 12,499Thanks
    Emzilla
    Fresh Starts and New Chances...
    • 31st Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    Fresh Starts and New Chances... 31st Dec 17 at 9:22 PM
    Hi everyone and Happy New Year

I'm an oldie and regular on this board, but seem to start new diaries all the time and then just tail off and stop posting. Naughty me, this must stop.

I had a lovely Christmas and one of the gifts I received was a diary (the kind you use to organise your life, not the kind you reveal your deepest thoughts in) and on the front it says "Fresh Starts and New Chances". When I read that, I knew that had to be the title of my next diary on here.

I'm not going to go on about my past or anything about me just yet. Regulars on here will know me pretty well (you know who you are ) and I'm sure any newbies will get to know me as time goes by.

I want this to be a positive diary. I'm going to post on here every day (I'm really going to try - promise!!) and let you know what positive things have happened, any obstacles I need to overcome and a to-do list for the following day.

2018 is the year I'm going to get organised!! No more procrastination and no more excuses!!

Have a good evening everyone!! I'm just sat in with my mum (who would be on her own otherwise), but at least I'm not out wasting money.

See you all tomorrow.

Emz xx
Page 6
    • jwil
    • By jwil 3rd Aug 18, 10:22 AM
    • 8,795 Posts
    • 27,500 Thanks
    jwil
    Fingers crossed you start seeing some improvements soon x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 5th Aug 18, 1:59 PM
    • 3,335 Posts
    • 12,499 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Now my CF doctors don't think it's the Orkambi, so have started me back on it. Meanwhile, the rash rages on and I'm only given some relief by the support stockings, and whilst they do keep the swelling down, they itch like mad and are as hot as hell!!

My lung function has also dropped to 21%, which could be down to the heat (sweltering in the hospital room they put me in on Friday) or me stressing about this vasculitis. So I'm being admitted a week tomorrow for some more IVs. I'll start them off in hospital and then they're going to let me finish them myself at home (after some "training"), so I should only be in a few days.

I'm off sick from work for another 3 weeks. Will have to seriously start thinking about if it's worth me working, as it's not fair on my boss or colleagues having to constantly cover me. My boss is being lovely about it though.

Emz xx
    • jwil
    • By jwil 6th Aug 18, 9:31 AM
    • 8,795 Posts
    • 27,500 Thanks
    jwil
    Sorry to hear it's still ongoing Emz. Hope you start improving soon x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Aug 18, 11:08 AM
    • 56,188 Posts
    • 227,138 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sorry to hear it's still ongoing Emz. Hope you start improving soon x
    Originally posted by jwil
    This.
    Dont worry about work
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

2,386Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin