Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 31st Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    • 3,355Posts
    • 12,579Thanks
    Emzilla
    Fresh Starts and New Chances...
    • 31st Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    Fresh Starts and New Chances... 31st Dec 17 at 9:22 PM
    Hi everyone and Happy New Year

I'm an oldie and regular on this board, but seem to start new diaries all the time and then just tail off and stop posting. Naughty me, this must stop.

I had a lovely Christmas and one of the gifts I received was a diary (the kind you use to organise your life, not the kind you reveal your deepest thoughts in) and on the front it says "Fresh Starts and New Chances". When I read that, I knew that had to be the title of my next diary on here.

I'm not going to go on about my past or anything about me just yet. Regulars on here will know me pretty well (you know who you are ) and I'm sure any newbies will get to know me as time goes by.

I want this to be a positive diary. I'm going to post on here every day (I'm really going to try - promise!!) and let you know what positive things have happened, any obstacles I need to overcome and a to-do list for the following day.

2018 is the year I'm going to get organised!! No more procrastination and no more excuses!!

Have a good evening everyone!! I'm just sat in with my mum (who would be on her own otherwise), but at least I'm not out wasting money.

See you all tomorrow.

Emz xx
Page 4
    • jwil
    • By jwil 13th Apr 18, 1:35 PM
    • 8,976 Posts
    • 28,325 Thanks
    jwil
    Well done on clearing 'friend'. Ouch to the arrears!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    • 56,783 Posts
    • 230,991 Thanks
    beanielou
    Well done on clearing 'friend'. Ouch to the arrears!
    Originally posted by jwil
    From me too.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 17th May 18, 4:46 PM
    • 3,355 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Hi everyone

Just wanted to post an update.

My health has been pretty pants recently. And I mean really pants. I'm typing this from hospital, where I have been for a while. I'm hoping to come out next week, but will have to stay on oxygen whilst I'm active. Nothing in particular triggered this, just realised I couldn't cope with being out of breath and tired all the time.

They are referring me for a lung transplant. That doesn't mean that I will need one next month or even next year, but the process is so long, that it's sensible to start the ball rolling whilst I don't 'need' it (ie, so poorly I could die without it). This means that even if they say I'm not ill enough for it just yet, I will be on their books so to speak and the process will be a lot quicker when I do need to go on the transplant list.

Some good news is that they are putting me on Orkambi, which is one of those wonder drugs you hear about in the news (the one that costs 100k a year!! ). There are no guarantees that it will do me any good, but it's definitely worth a go and I'm quite excited to see what it can do.

Dinner is on it's way (hospital food is very hit and miss, but I'm sussed out the good dishes ) and I've got some visitors coming this evening, so I will try and post more another time.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th May 18, 9:16 PM
    • 56,783 Posts
    • 230,991 Thanks
    beanielou
    Blimey Emz I am sorry to read this.
    Take care.
    At least you are in the right place xx

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • jwil
    • By jwil 18th May 18, 2:25 PM
    • 8,976 Posts
    • 28,325 Thanks
    jwil
    Sorry to hear you've been unwell. Hope the new drugs do you some good
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 20th May 18, 12:00 AM
    • 15,280 Posts
    • 50,928 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Emz, I hope when you read this you are feeling better.

Take care of yourself and big love XXX
    Frugal Living Challenge, Pound a Day challenge, Sealed Pot Challenge Debt 4990 (March)
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 5th Jun 18, 4:01 PM
    • 3,355 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Hi everyone

Thanks for posting

I'm pleased to say I am finally out of hospital - I came out a week ago today. I feel a lot better, which I know is mainly to do with the oxygen. I'm able to get out and do stuff without feeling rubbish. I've been shopping with my sister, going for BBQs (not getting too close though because of the oxygen!!), doing the hoovering without getting out of breath etc - it has made such a difference!! Even food shopping isn't the dreaded chore it used to be.

I'm still off sick from work. I'm signed off until my next hospital appointment, which is on the 18th June. They are then going to discuss what they think I should do. I expect they will recommend cutting my hours back or returning on reduced hours for a bit.

So, I've got a bit of time on my hands now. I have been relaxing for the past week, but am getting a bit bored now. I'm going to try and earn a bit of money with surveys etc whilst I'm off. I've done well with Prolific today and have done 19.15 worth of surveys. I already had a few quid on there, so should be able to claim 20 soon (15.42 already cleared).

My sister and I are also trying to save Amazon vouchers for a Nintendo Switch for my nephew's birthday, which is on 1st August. He has wanted one for ages and my sister keeps telling him they're too expensive, so he would be so surprised to get one. We've got 115 so far and it's 280.

I wouldn't mind getting back into comping again too at some point. Out of the blue, I won a family day out with Tesco. Can't even remember entering the competition. We're going to take the kids to Paultons Park on an inset day in July. Really looking forward to that

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Jun 18, 10:10 PM
    • 56,783 Posts
    • 230,991 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad you are out of the hospital.
    Take care

***Keep plodding***
    • jwil
    • By jwil 6th Jun 18, 2:59 PM
    • 8,976 Posts
    • 28,325 Thanks
    jwil
    Glad you are out, look after yourself
    • constantworrier
    • By constantworrier 9th Jun 18, 3:40 PM
    • 353 Posts
    • 2,001 Thanks
    constantworrier
    Sorry to hear you've been unwell and in Hospital Emz.
    Happy to hear that you're out and feeling a bit better. Great news that you're getting Orkambi, I've heard great stories about that drug, so hope you begin to feel great with it.
    Take care, big hugs xxx
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 9th Jun 18, 4:43 PM
    • 15,280 Posts
    • 50,928 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    ooo Emz, I didn't post, I thought I had. Big hugs lovely, hope you are well XXX
    Frugal Living Challenge, Pound a Day challenge, Sealed Pot Challenge Debt 4990 (March)
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Jun 18, 7:31 PM
    • 56,783 Posts
    • 230,991 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you are taking care

***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 11th Jun 18, 8:06 AM
    • 3,355 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Thanks for your messages everyone

I'm still doing well thank you. I went to the park with my niece and nephew yesterday, and I even walked there and back. Unthinkable a few months ago!! I also went to the pub last night for a meal with everyone from work. It was lovely to see them all

I'm doing well on Prolific too. I got a 22 payout received on Friday, and have already got 14.85 cleared and 7.72 pending. My sister and I are up to 145 in the Amazon account and I'm waiting for another 2x 5 vouchers.

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Jun 18, 6:30 PM
    • 56,783 Posts
    • 230,991 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad you had a good time at the park & a lovely meal

***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 15th Jun 18, 8:12 AM
    • 3,355 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Morning

Going to start trying to post on here a bit more regularly. I have a feeling the hospital are going to advise me to drop my hours at work, so I want to try and make up the money I would lose from home (without overdoing it, don't worry on that score )

I'm back at the hospital on Monday to see what they say about me going back to work. I think they will let me go back, but on reduced hours for a bit, which is understandable. I have enjoyed being off sick though. This is the best I have felt in years (which I know is down to the oxygen, but maybe a bit to do with the Orkambi and IVs too), and I have been enjoying getting out and about in the lovely weather

I've also had my assessment appointment through for the transplant. I've got to go there on the 8th August, so I won't start worrying about that until nearer the time.

I'm off to my nephew's sports day today and then my sister is treating me to a Toby Carvery afterwards . Then I think my OH and I are off to a BBQ tonight. We saw Jurassic World last night. It was okay, not much different to all the others, but I don't think there's much they can do to mix it up really.

I've just requested 20.46 from Prolific, but have been a bit slack on there over the past few days. My sister and I are up to 160 in Amazon vouchers and I'm waiting for another 10, so only 110 to go there.

I'm just finishing up my morning nebulisers and then it's bacon sandwich and Orkambi time before I have to leave for the sports day.

Have a great day everyone

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Jun 18, 2:09 PM
    • 56,783 Posts
    • 230,991 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good to see you posting

***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Jun 18, 9:31 PM
    • 56,783 Posts
    • 230,991 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that the Orkambi is helping.

***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 18th Jun 18, 10:13 PM
    • 3,355 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Hi everyone

Hospital visit time today. My lung function is up 1% to 25%. I was hoping for a bit more, but at least it's going in the right direction. It dropped as low as 15% during my hospital stay, so it's a lot better than it was. The room they put me in was absolutely boiling and I kept feeling the need to cough during the breathing tests. Didn't help at all.

My oxygen sats were 97 on 1 litre of oxygen. They took the oxygen off for a while and I was 91 without it, which is a lot better than a few weeks ago. At my lowest, it was 72 . I've got to carry on with the oxygen for now, but they are going to reassess me properly on my next appointment, which is on 3rd August (although I have got a home visit from a nurse on 3rd July).

My weight has also leapt up to 50.7kg - that's about 2.7kg put on in 6 weeks, which is amazing for me!! I've got just over 6 weeks until my next appointment, so I'm aiming to get to 54kg by then.

Work-wise, he has agreed that I can go back, but I'm to work no more than 2 shifts a week and those shifts can't be any longer than 4 hours each. I'm pleased with that as I didn't want to just jump straight back in on 18.5 hours. He's going to review it again in August. I'm due back at work tomorrow 2-6pm. I've got to have a risk assessment due to the oxygen and a back to work interview, which will probably take at least an hour.

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Jun 18, 10:21 PM
    • 56,783 Posts
    • 230,991 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope your going back to work is ok.
    Take it easy

***Keep plodding***
    • jwil
    • By jwil 19th Jun 18, 2:19 PM
    • 8,976 Posts
    • 28,325 Thanks
    jwil
    Glad things are improving x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,269Posts Today

7,787Users online

Martin's Twitter