Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 31st Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    • 3,320Posts
    • 12,370Thanks
    Emzilla
    Fresh Starts and New Chances...
    • 31st Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    Fresh Starts and New Chances... 31st Dec 17 at 9:22 PM
    Hi everyone and Happy New Year

I'm an oldie and regular on this board, but seem to start new diaries all the time and then just tail off and stop posting. Naughty me, this must stop.

I had a lovely Christmas and one of the gifts I received was a diary (the kind you use to organise your life, not the kind you reveal your deepest thoughts in) and on the front it says "Fresh Starts and New Chances". When I read that, I knew that had to be the title of my next diary on here.

I'm not going to go on about my past or anything about me just yet. Regulars on here will know me pretty well (you know who you are ) and I'm sure any newbies will get to know me as time goes by.

I want this to be a positive diary. I'm going to post on here every day (I'm really going to try - promise!!) and let you know what positive things have happened, any obstacles I need to overcome and a to-do list for the following day.

2018 is the year I'm going to get organised!! No more procrastination and no more excuses!!

Have a good evening everyone!! I'm just sat in with my mum (who would be on her own otherwise), but at least I'm not out wasting money.

See you all tomorrow.

Emz xx
Page 4
    • jwil
    • By jwil 13th Apr 18, 1:35 PM
    • 8,515 Posts
    • 26,050 Thanks
    jwil
    Well done on clearing 'friend'. Ouch to the arrears!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    • 54,034 Posts
    • 214,123 Thanks
    beanielou
    Well done on clearing 'friend'. Ouch to the arrears!
    Originally posted by jwil
    From me too.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 17th May 18, 4:46 PM
    • 3,320 Posts
    • 12,370 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Hi everyone

Just wanted to post an update.

My health has been pretty pants recently. And I mean really pants. I'm typing this from hospital, where I have been for a while. I'm hoping to come out next week, but will have to stay on oxygen whilst I'm active. Nothing in particular triggered this, just realised I couldn't cope with being out of breath and tired all the time.

They are referring me for a lung transplant. That doesn't mean that I will need one next month or even next year, but the process is so long, that it's sensible to start the ball rolling whilst I don't 'need' it (ie, so poorly I could die without it). This means that even if they say I'm not ill enough for it just yet, I will be on their books so to speak and the process will be a lot quicker when I do need to go on the transplant list.

Some good news is that they are putting me on Orkambi, which is one of those wonder drugs you hear about in the news (the one that costs 100k a year!! ). There are no guarantees that it will do me any good, but it's definitely worth a go and I'm quite excited to see what it can do.

Dinner is on it's way (hospital food is very hit and miss, but I'm sussed out the good dishes ) and I've got some visitors coming this evening, so I will try and post more another time.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th May 18, 9:16 PM
    • 54,034 Posts
    • 214,123 Thanks
    beanielou
    Blimey Emz I am sorry to read this.
    Take care.
    At least you are in the right place xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • jwil
    • By jwil 18th May 18, 2:25 PM
    • 8,515 Posts
    • 26,050 Thanks
    jwil
    Sorry to hear you've been unwell. Hope the new drugs do you some good
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 20th May 18, 12:00 AM
    • 15,163 Posts
    • 49,909 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Emz, I hope when you read this you are feeling better.

Take care of yourself and big love XXX
    Frugal Living Challenge, Pound a Day challenge, Sealed Pot Challenge Debt 4990 (March)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,134Posts Today

7,193Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin