Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 31st Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    • 3,324Posts
    • 12,579Thanks
    Emzilla
    Fresh Starts and New Chances...
    • 31st Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    Fresh Starts and New Chances... 31st Dec 17 at 9:22 PM
    Fresh Starts and New Chances...
    Last edited by Emzilla; 21-09-2018 at 7:50 AM.
Page 3
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Jun 18, 7:31 PM
    • 57,411 Posts
    • 234,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you are taking care
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 11th Jun 18, 8:06 AM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Thanks for your messages everyone

I'm still doing well thank you. I went to the park with my niece and nephew yesterday, and I even walked there and back. Unthinkable a few months ago!! I also went to the pub last night for a meal with everyone from work. It was lovely to see them all

I'm doing well on Prolific too. I got a 22 payout received on Friday, and have already got 14.85 cleared and 7.72 pending. My sister and I are up to 145 in the Amazon account and I'm waiting for another 2x 5 vouchers.

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Jun 18, 6:30 PM
    • 57,411 Posts
    • 234,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad you had a good time at the park & a lovely meal

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 15th Jun 18, 8:12 AM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Morning

Going to start trying to post on here a bit more regularly. I have a feeling the hospital are going to advise me to drop my hours at work, so I want to try and make up the money I would lose from home (without overdoing it, don't worry on that score )

I'm back at the hospital on Monday to see what they say about me going back to work. I think they will let me go back, but on reduced hours for a bit, which is understandable. I have enjoyed being off sick though. This is the best I have felt in years (which I know is down to the oxygen, but maybe a bit to do with the Orkambi and IVs too), and I have been enjoying getting out and about in the lovely weather

I've also had my assessment appointment through for the transplant. I've got to go there on the 8th August, so I won't start worrying about that until nearer the time.

I'm off to my nephew's sports day today and then my sister is treating me to a Toby Carvery afterwards . Then I think my OH and I are off to a BBQ tonight. We saw Jurassic World last night. It was okay, not much different to all the others, but I don't think there's much they can do to mix it up really.

I've just requested 20.46 from Prolific, but have been a bit slack on there over the past few days. My sister and I are up to 160 in Amazon vouchers and I'm waiting for another 10, so only 110 to go there.

I'm just finishing up my morning nebulisers and then it's bacon sandwich and Orkambi time before I have to leave for the sports day.

Have a great day everyone

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Jun 18, 2:09 PM
    • 57,411 Posts
    • 234,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good to see you posting

***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Jun 18, 9:31 PM
    • 57,411 Posts
    • 234,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that the Orkambi is helping.

***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 18th Jun 18, 10:13 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Hi everyone

Hospital visit time today. My lung function is up 1% to 25%. I was hoping for a bit more, but at least it's going in the right direction. It dropped as low as 15% during my hospital stay, so it's a lot better than it was. The room they put me in was absolutely boiling and I kept feeling the need to cough during the breathing tests. Didn't help at all.

My oxygen sats were 97 on 1 litre of oxygen. They took the oxygen off for a while and I was 91 without it, which is a lot better than a few weeks ago. At my lowest, it was 72 . I've got to carry on with the oxygen for now, but they are going to reassess me properly on my next appointment, which is on 3rd August (although I have got a home visit from a nurse on 3rd July).

My weight has also leapt up to 50.7kg - that's about 2.7kg put on in 6 weeks, which is amazing for me!! I've got just over 6 weeks until my next appointment, so I'm aiming to get to 54kg by then.

Work-wise, he has agreed that I can go back, but I'm to work no more than 2 shifts a week and those shifts can't be any longer than 4 hours each. I'm pleased with that as I didn't want to just jump straight back in on 18.5 hours. He's going to review it again in August. I'm due back at work tomorrow 2-6pm. I've got to have a risk assessment due to the oxygen and a back to work interview, which will probably take at least an hour.

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Jun 18, 10:21 PM
    • 57,411 Posts
    • 234,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope your going back to work is ok.
    Take it easy

***Keep plodding***
    • jwil
    • By jwil 19th Jun 18, 2:19 PM
    • 9,088 Posts
    • 28,734 Thanks
    jwil
    Glad things are improving x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 19th Jun 18, 9:47 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    First shift back went okay. I thought I was going to have customers constantly asking me what was wrong and why I needed oxygen, but only one asked me. I got a lot of sympathetic looks, but no nasty customers!! It was lovely to see everyone again.

I wasn't sure if I would be getting paid for the hours I'm not able to work (10.5 hours a week), but I have been reassured that I will (they call them 'rehabilitation hours'), which is a relief.

I'm back in on Friday now. Feeling a bit tired and achey (my legs more than anything) after 4 hours, so glad I haven't gone back to my full hours straight away.

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th Jun 18, 10:17 PM
    • 57,411 Posts
    • 234,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad all went ok.
    Take it easy

***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 20th Jun 18, 8:33 AM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Morning

I'm going to set myself a little challenge to earn 100 before the end of the month. It will have to start tomorrow as OH's parents are visiting (can't remember if I've mentioned that or not). They're going home tomorrow, but I won't get much time for earning money today.

It works out though as there are 10 days left of the month from tomorrow, so 10 a day I think is achievable. I'm going to count it as I earn it, not as I receive it (some things take ages to payout, so I don't think making and receiving 100 in 10 days is realistic).

See you tomorrow

Emz xx
    • jwil
    • By jwil 20th Jun 18, 1:56 PM
    • 9,088 Posts
    • 28,734 Thanks
    jwil
    Glad it went ok and nice that you will still be getting paid for the other hours.

Hope today goes ok with the in-laws!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 20th Jun 18, 2:17 PM
    • 57,411 Posts
    • 234,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you survive the in-laws!!

***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 26th Jun 18, 3:44 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Hi everyone - hope you are all enjoying this glorious sunshine!!

My 100 challenge hasn't gone that well, although I have made 22.73. I've been too busy getting out and about.

I really am going to make more of an effort next month though. I was thinking of joining the 10 a day challenge. I want to earn a bit of extra money, not really for paying off debt, but just so I can enjoy life a bit more. Treat myself to a new top, go for a day out with OH, take the kids bowling etc etc. I've got the advantage of only doing 8 hours a week throughout July and I've got a week annual leave from the 9th onwards.

I'm not going to chain myself to my laptop, but will maybe just do a couple of hours early in the morning and then some in the evening. I still want to enjoy my new found energy!!

I was wondering whether to try a bit of mystery shopping again though. I stand out quite a bit now with my oxygen (young-ish woman with oxygen always draws a few looks and double takes, trust me!!) and my machine makes a bit of noise, so do you all think I would be okay to do mystery shops, or I wouldn't really be "a usual customer" and would stand out way too much?

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 26th Jun 18, 7:41 PM
    • 57,411 Posts
    • 234,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    I would maybe give the mystery shopping a miss for a wee while.
    You dont want to tire yourself out.

***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 30th Jun 18, 2:38 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Thanks Lou - I'll avoid mystery shopping for now.

So, July tomorrow. I've got a few things I'd like to achieve:
    1. Earn 10 a day - I've never managed to do this and often just give up within the first week. I'd love to achieve it
    2. Complete the second daily goal on Swagbucks for the whole month - again, something I've never achieved. It will give me a lovely bonus to start August with if I can manage it.
    3. Get enough Amazon vouchers for my nephew's Nintendo Switch. My sister and I have got 200 so far, so 80 to go. We need to order it by Monday 23rd at the latest.
    4. Cut back on everyday spending. OH and I spend far too much on stuff. It's ridiculous. No more eating out, no more takeaways, no more wasting money on rubbish. Is 100 for the month doable for food? It's only the two of us, so I'm guessing it is.
    5. Try to help with the 100 a month for food goal by getting as many freebies and money-off coupons as possible. I've already got 4 coupons for free bottles of Ribena and I'm going to try and kick my expensive Pepsi habit. Other things need to be saved on too. I've completely run out of perfume, so have been using a free sample of some Britney Spears stuff for the last few days (doesn't smell that bad actually!).
    6. Try to save on petrol. We have to fill up 5-6 times a month, which is around 250-300. OH is not an economical driver at all. If I try to drive more often, then we should save a bit. Also, he gets bored in the evenings, so we often end up driving somewhere to look round a supermarket or get a snack at McDonalds (more money spent there!!), so I will instead suggest a walk to the local shops and back. Will do him good with losing weight too.
    We're actually getting a free meal tomorrow as it was my uncle's 60th birthday on Thursday, and we're all going out for a meal, which my mum and auntie are paying for.

We're also going to the cinema tomorrow night, so no spend there (using my CEA card and Unlimited card).

Right, be back tomorrow. I'm in work today 4-8, so should get my uniform ready and have some food before I go.

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 30th Jun 18, 5:42 PM
    • 57,411 Posts
    • 234,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    Your OH needs a hobby which does not involve eating or spending too much money!

***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 30th Jun 18, 8:33 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Your OH needs a hobby which does not involve eating or spending too much money!
    Originally posted by beanielou
    He has Lou, he's doing up an old car - which costs money!!!

Emz xx
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 2nd Jul 18, 5:33 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 12,579 Thanks
    Emzilla
    I love this sunshine, but am a bit too hot today. It was difficult sleeping last night, and tonight I've got to measure my O2 levels, so will have to sleep with an annoying strap on my wrist and an oximeter on my finger, that makes it go numb and cuts off circulation after a while.

Anyway, we went for my uncle's birthday meal yesterday. Bit awkward as some family members there that I don't see very often. They were basically there free-loading (as was proved when my cousin ordered two bottles of wine just for her, plus as soon as she was done with her 3 courses, she disappeared, along with her 3 kids!!). They didn't speak much to me and I didn't to them either. My OH got the jist of them pretty much straight away.

When it came to paying the bill, nobody had a Beefeater reward card, so my mum let me use mine. 15 worth of free points (now I sound like the free-loader).

I've reached my second Swagbucks target yesterday and today. I've also ordered a 5 Amazon voucher towards the Switch and I've got enough for a 5 voucher from My Survey, but their site is still playing up and won't let me redeem at the moment

Emz xx
    Last edited by Emzilla; 02-07-2018 at 5:36 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,288Users online

Martin's Twitter