Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 31st Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    • 3,326Posts
    • 12,423Thanks
    Emzilla
    Fresh Starts and New Chances...
    • 31st Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    Fresh Starts and New Chances... 31st Dec 17 at 9:22 PM
    Hi everyone and Happy New Year

I'm an oldie and regular on this board, but seem to start new diaries all the time and then just tail off and stop posting. Naughty me, this must stop.

I had a lovely Christmas and one of the gifts I received was a diary (the kind you use to organise your life, not the kind you reveal your deepest thoughts in) and on the front it says "Fresh Starts and New Chances". When I read that, I knew that had to be the title of my next diary on here.

I'm not going to go on about my past or anything about me just yet. Regulars on here will know me pretty well (you know who you are ) and I'm sure any newbies will get to know me as time goes by.

I want this to be a positive diary. I'm going to post on here every day (I'm really going to try - promise!!) and let you know what positive things have happened, any obstacles I need to overcome and a to-do list for the following day.

2018 is the year I'm going to get organised!! No more procrastination and no more excuses!!

Have a good evening everyone!! I'm just sat in with my mum (who would be on her own otherwise), but at least I'm not out wasting money.

See you all tomorrow.

Emz xx
Page 2
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 31st Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 12,423 Thanks
    Emzilla
    How the bleeping heck would her solicitor know that you were lying.
    I just dont get it.
    Nor the whole change in attitude.

Anyway you take care of you.
    No OT as you say.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I know Lou, not like I forced her to lend me the money. She was happy to do it at the time.

Just two more payments and I can block her email address and phone number.

Hope you are well Lou

Emz xx
    • Silver Queen
    • By Silver Queen 31st Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 1,883 Thanks
    Silver Queen
    I work in the legal profession and I can 100% guarantee and bet my firstborn that no solicitor in the world would ever say that.
    Debt Totals June 2018::
    350 Natwest Credit Card / Now 0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) 15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now 10,000 500 train ticket loan from parents / Now 0 (paid off 16/02/18) 2,000 Overdraft Now 0 (paid off 09/03/18)
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 31st Jan 18, 9:06 PM
    • 55,005 Posts
    • 219,591 Thanks
    beanielou
    I am plodding on thanks Emz.
    Not at my best!
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 31st Jan 18, 9:08 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 12,423 Thanks
    Emzilla
    I work in the legal profession and I can 100% guarantee and bet my firstborn that no solicitor in the world would ever say that.
    Originally posted by Silver Queen

I think in a way she's annoyed that I'm paying her back. She seems to be looking for trouble and knows that I'll be free of her soon and she won't have a hold over me. Quite sad really that she hasn't got anything better to do.

Emz xx
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 1st Feb 18, 12:56 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 12,423 Thanks
    Emzilla
    1,000 Challenge - Day 1
    I'm so close to getting my first 110 of the 1,000. I'm just 6.35 away from 40 on Onepoll, 7.25 away from 50 on New Vista and I'm waiting for some Prolific surveys to be approved so I can get 20 on there (18.65 with 7.25 pending).

Also close to redeeming on Swagbucks and Panelbase.

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st Feb 18, 4:02 PM
    • 55,005 Posts
    • 219,591 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sounding good

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 3rd Feb 18, 4:25 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 12,423 Thanks
    Emzilla
    1,000 Challenge - Days 2 & 3
    Didn't get the chance to post on here yesterday.

I got a 2.50 Prolific survey yesterday, so was able to request a 21.16 payment and still have 7.25 pending. I'm also waiting for a 5 Mastercard on Swagbucks. Only ordered that instead of a voucher as it was 20 SB less. Will just use it to pay towards a bill.

Also just did a wonderful survey where I had to play a Family Fortunes type game and ended up winning a 7.04 Amazon voucher, which I received instantly

Up to 34.50 on Onepoll too.

Emz xx
    Last edited by Emzilla; 03-02-2018 at 6:48 PM.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 3rd Feb 18, 4:31 PM
    • 55,005 Posts
    • 219,591 Thanks
    beanielou
    You are doing so well.

***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 6th Feb 18, 9:04 AM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 12,423 Thanks
    Emzilla
    1,000 Challenge - Days 4 & 5
    Not much going on as Sunday was quiet on the survey front and I was working most of yesterday.

I'm up to 35.30 on Onepoll and 44 on New Vista. 3 PayPal requested from Pinecone and have added 0.90 to my total from Citizen Me.

7.94/1,000 with 29.16 pending.

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Feb 18, 10:56 AM
    • 55,005 Posts
    • 219,591 Thanks
    beanielou
    Keep plodding

***Keep plodding***
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 15th Feb 18, 11:38 AM
    • 15,177 Posts
    • 50,235 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Just checking in Emz XXX
    Frugal Living Challenge, Pound a Day challenge, Sealed Pot Challenge Debt 4990 (March)
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th Feb 18, 3:07 PM
    • 55,005 Posts
    • 219,591 Thanks
    beanielou
    How are thibgs Emz xx

***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 23rd Feb 18, 11:06 AM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 12,423 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Hi Buffy and Lou

Well the past couple of weeks have been rubbish. It's been one thing after another. First a stomach bug, then a chest infection (which I'm still off sick for), then really strong antibiotics that basically turned me into a zombie, then our washing machine broke (well, that actually happened first).

I'm due back at work on Monday. I came off the antibiotics yesterday morning, so actually feel a bit more like a normal person today.

The washing machine saga has been a nightmare. It's nearly 3 weeks now without one, so have been getting OH to take washing to wherever will let us do it (mainly my mum's). They've been out 3 times and have ordered loads of spare parts (that are currently residing in our spare room), but finally decided that it can't be repaired and we're getting a new machine today.

They won't fit it, so we've got to wait in tomorrow afternoon for someone to do that. Then we'll finally be able to do some washing . One of the few advantages of renting is that we haven't had to spend any money on this.

So needless to say, it's been all I can do to get through the day recently, so not much money making has been done. We sent some stuff off to Music Magpie and We Buy Books, which we've been paid for one, and am waiting for the other (only around 13). Also waiting for a 5 Mastercard from Swagbucks and 20 Amazon vouchers.

Going to try and get going with it again. Think I might have to abandon the 1k idea and just do what I can, when I can.

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 23rd Feb 18, 1:51 PM
    • 55,005 Posts
    • 219,591 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sorry that things have been so tough.
    Take care.

***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 25th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 12,423 Thanks
    Emzilla
    We finally have a washing machine . We spent yesterday evening/this morning doing wash after wash and have finally caught up. House looks like a Chinese laundry though!! Clothes everywhere!!

I want to get some more structure to my diary. I'm going to start some weekly to do lists. A new list every Sunday.

W/C 25th February:
    1. Meet Swagbucks target every day (1/7)
    2. Do 5 articles on Textbroker (0/5)
    3. Get to 40 on Onepoll (only 2.25 away)
    4. Read 10 chapters of my book (0/10)
    5. Watch 11 movies (0/11)
    6. Do 5 hours cross stitch on a bookmark for my mum (0/5)
    7. Thoroughly clean out the en-suite
    8. Pay another 260 off the debt to my ex-friend, leaving 640 left to pay.
    I know the Onepoll goal isn't within my control, but I'm sure I can do at least 50p a day during the week. Fingers crossed - I want my 40!!

I wanted to pay more to my ex-friend, but with me not being well, the extra earnings haven't been there so money is a bit tight. 260 is the monthly amount she originally specified, so I'm going to give her that so she can't moan (even though she probably will). I'll then give her at least 300 at the end of March and will give her the remaining 340 when OH gets paid on 6th April. I dread the days when I have to pay her. It's horrible and I wish I could pay her off sooner, but I've only got just over a month to go.

With the movies, I'm trying to keep to my 1 new movie watched a day. I'm 5 behind (including today's movie), so that plus 6 for the rest of the week. We're going to see Black Panther tonight.

I got a cross stitch bookmark kit for Christmas, and I want to do it and give it to my mum as she reads a lot. I was going to go for Mother's Day, but I don't think I can get it done in time. If not, her birthday is in April, so will give it to her then.

I'm working 4 days next week, but have got short evening shifts on Tuesday and Thursday, so can get a lot done before work.

I'll update my progress daily.

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 25th Feb 18, 8:05 PM
    • 55,005 Posts
    • 219,591 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good news on your WM.
    Good luck with your lists

***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 26th Feb 18, 7:32 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 12,423 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Monday Progress:
    1. Meet Swagbucks target every day (2/7)
    2. Do 5 articles on Textbroker (0/5) - I've got one ready to write, just didn't have time today
    3. Get to 40 on Onepoll (only 45p away) - I got a 1 survey today, which really helped!!
    4. Read 10 chapters of my book (1/10)
    5. Watch 11 movies (2/11)
    I'm very pleased with my progress today, especially seeing as I've done a 6 hour shift too

Also did a couple of Prolific surveys and have a 6.90 payment on the way (I know you don't pay fees if you wait for 20, but we could use the money, and it only works out at around 17p in fees, which I can handle).

Emz xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 26th Feb 18, 8:09 PM
    • 55,005 Posts
    • 219,591 Thanks
    beanielou
    Well done Emz

***Keep plodding***
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 26th Feb 18, 9:45 PM
    • 15,177 Posts
    • 50,235 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Good progress Emz XXXXX
    Frugal Living Challenge, Pound a Day challenge, Sealed Pot Challenge Debt 4990 (March)
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 27th Feb 18, 10:17 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 12,423 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Tuesday progress:
    1. Meet Swagbucks target every day (3/7)
    2. Do 5 articles on Textbroker (0/5) - Still haven't written that article
    3. Get to 40 on Onepoll (only 10p away) - So close!!
    4. Read 10 chapters of my book (1/10)
    5. Watch 11 movies (3/11)
    Not a very productive day. Didn't feel too good this morning. I met up with a friend for a coffee. Went into work at 4pm and was sent home again at 5.30pm. Had a massive coughing fit at work - going to talk to my doctor tomorrow as I'm not sure that I'm over this infection.

I got my Prolific money and claimed a 5 M&S voucher on Swagbucks.

Emz xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

33Posts Today

3,760Users online

Martin's Twitter