Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 31st Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    • 10,085Posts
    • 50,245Thanks
    Mooloo
    Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018 31st Dec 17 at 7:35 PM
    My previous threads here have been about my struggles etc bringing up my family and now my Granddaughter, building a business on little funds and a lot of faith.
    Titles suggested often are linked to my sewing, but this year I want to be different. No more Struggle!

This year is all about Managing it!
    Getting on top of the hiccups and the pitfalls.
    Managing to say NO more often.
    Managing to cut my Debts.
    Managing to raise my Income levels.
    Managing to make my Business even better.
    Managing to block time for the things I want to do.
    Managing to create a better home life.
    Managing to raise above the fire fighting and being ready to tackle issues before the fire.

So here is the start.
    I am due to go out celebrating the New Year this evening with my BF, and Welcome Home my DGD tomorrow.
    I will expand on my goals and plans over the next few days, and follow through the next 12 months.
    See you along the way.
    Without my fellow MSE!!!8217;ers I probably would have had a much tougher ride than I had.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-05-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
Page 85
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Nov 18, 8:22 PM
    • 58,080 Posts
    • 239,264 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that you shut shop early.
    Listen to your body~~we only get one.
    Hope DGD is ok.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 10th Nov 18, 7:43 AM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Glad that you shut shop early.
    Listen to your body~~we only get one.
    Hope DGD is ok.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I'm listening to it. I did sew my trolley bag full of stuff, while watching game shows on the tv. But didn't feel pressured.
    Doctor thinks Dgd has sprained her ankle. If she gets worse we can go for an X-ray. But he doesn't think it is broken. She can rest up today.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 10th Nov 18, 4:23 PM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Took work at a gentle pace today. Stopped early enough to eat lunch and sort out my work room before the children arrived. We have started to make wall hangers, we will be doing them over a couple of weeks I think. Although the girls are not coming next Saturday, so I will get to finish an hour earlier next Saturday.
    I have to go back out now to a fireworks display. Seems a bit late for one, but I sponsored it as a business so want to show up, although now I have put my feet up it's not looking so much like fun.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 11th Nov 18, 6:31 PM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Went to the fireworks. Got back ache standing for two hours. Spent today doing housework and pottering.
    Relaxing this evening with Christmas movies x
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 12th Nov 18, 11:46 AM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    So the day has already gone off piste. School rang Dgd has had an accident doing her bike proficiency course and hurt her foot. So we are sitting at the doctors once again. We were only here on Friday for her other foot!
    The exhast is falling off of my car so I am hoping that we don't have to drive the 11 miles to A& E until I can get the car fixed. It was ok on Saturday?
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 12th Nov 18, 1:15 PM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Sitting in A& E
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 12th Nov 18, 1:58 PM
    • 8,293 Posts
    • 12,637 Thanks
    jackieblack
    Sitting in A& E
    Originally posted by Mooloo
    Oh dear
    Hope DGD is ok
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    (Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi )
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 12th Nov 18, 5:28 PM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Home. Lucky day. Only soft tissue damage to her foot. KWIK fit close to the hospital managed to fix my car, and the young man didn't charge me. So doubly lucky there then.
    So Dgd is home with foot up, and happily shouting at her friends on Xbox. The car is mended, and I am finally home. I didn't bring any work home, so I will be doubling up. Tomorrow then.
    Meanwhile it's enforced stop time.
    Only just ate my lunch so I don't have to cook this evening now then.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Nov 18, 6:36 PM
    • 58,080 Posts
    • 239,264 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that GGD is ok.
    Pleased that you got the car fixed for free.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 12th Nov 18, 9:07 PM
    • 5,924 Posts
    • 64,412 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Aw Mooloo, what a day! Glad DGD isn't badly hurt and that the car was fixed free of charge.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 12th Nov 18, 10:09 PM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I started to do a few scrap makes, while watching TV. A few purses made, and some fabrics sorted out from the corner of my bedroom and some cushions and bags cut out, but I don't have the zips or piping at home for the cushions so I will aim to bring some stuff home tomorrow if I get to go to work, and if I need any new supplies the van man is coming here on Wednesday. I must make sure that I don't go mad spending hundreds of pounds on stock though.
    I am going to try to revive making things to sell on the internet, to start to boost my Portugal funds. One year I sold a lot of things to raise money to neutralise a holiday and with friends help I managed it. So I think I will see if I can enjoy making things again and if I can raise some extra money all well and good.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 13th Nov 18, 7:13 AM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I am up early as the TV collection is due in the next 10 minutes. I hope the new one is coming on the same van! Then I can get to work on time and try and catch up with the work I am struggling to play catch up. I will be bringing work home to do tomorrow even though it's supposed to be my day off, as I hate customers having to wait for their items as long as it's taking with all these interruptions.
    I aim to stay positive no matter what happens.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 13th Nov 18, 7:32 AM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Yeah. Collected and delivered.
    I can now get on with my day. Starting with breakfast. I am hungry as I missed lunch yesterday and had my baguette for my evening meal. I didn't sleep well, too much on my mind. But when I did my Dad was in my dreams, and my twins were about 6 years old in my dreams. They are going to be 30 next week!!!
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 13th Nov 18, 6:13 PM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Finally no dramas, no problems or issues.
    My friend came to help in the shop and Seamstress was in, so I was able to see more as I didn't have to keep stopping to serve customers.

Dinner done, and now I am going to make a few cushions, to see if I can sell them on my Makes page.
    I have brought home a trolley full of trousers to sew tomorrow when I have to be home for the gas man and my Habadashery man.
    Dgd is still not walking properly, and the bruising is showing now. So It is debatable that she will make it to school tomorrow.

Right time to turn my stash into cash!
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 14th Nov 18, 6:33 AM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I made 3 cushion covers, piped with zips and then I had a friend come over who helped me set up the new TV and so I stopped sewing around 8pm.
    Although I went to bed at 10 I was up and down all night. I don't need to be awake for another hour yet, but I have been awake since 4.45 yet again.
    So much going on in my head at the moment.
    Managed to add another Ł50 to the savings pot today. For how long I don't know but for now I am happy to move it from my current account.
    I hope to get some cushion pads and photography my cushions and get them up for sale.
    That got my head in to all the stuff that I have at home and at work that I should be trying to sell or Upcycling then selling.
    Possibly time to do a little research about the value of things and see if I can motivate myself to turn my stock into cash.
    See why I cannot sleep my head is too busy planning.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 14th Nov 18, 3:14 PM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Cushion cover, bottle bag made early on. Trip to Mum to change her bed. Trip to post office to return a wheel, failed as parcel heavier than provided label. Jumper collected from shop that was holding it for me, got a free necklace just because I admired it on a dress, and had it thrown in. Was going to Aldi when Van man called and said he was going to be early, so back home just before he arrived and, got my Christmas stock for the shop.
    Had lunch, a rather random collection of bits as I hadn't shopped.
    Replied to Ryanair and not accepting their reasons for not paying my holiday compensation, called airTap to arrange my Mums wheelchairs assistant at the Airport and Mum was going to book the taxi.
    The gas man has just serviced the boiler, and I am running out of steam now. The thought of heading out to food shop again now feels rather daunting.
    I may go to the local coop for a few bits to get us through tomorrow . Dgd is walking better and can go back to school tomorrow, although she has missed her cycling proficiency test now.
    I have my trolley of trousers to tackle.
    I think I am going to have to force myself to move, all I want to do now is rest.
    But that will not buy my house in Portugal.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 14th Nov 18, 7:48 PM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Went to the coop, and then sat down to do all my alterations. One item is not finished as I wasn't Able to buy the right elastic from my van man.
    But I have made a couple of small gift bags, another bottle bag, and put together parts of bags that will need handles, as I am using odd fabrics that I have here at home.
    I feel happy with my day, although I forgot to get dgds chocolate spread. But I will get her some tomorrow on the way home from work.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 15th Nov 18, 7:19 AM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 50,245 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Wonder what today will bring?
    I have my game plan laid out in my head, I visualise a good day, starting with Dgd getting up without an argument, having her shower, and being ready for school. Driving her this morning as I have a lot of stuff to take to the shop, finding a parking spot, opening up on time, having help so I can service a sewing machine, steam a party of dresses, and prepare some items for the window. An afternoon of alterations, and this evening meeting my friend and her son for dinner at the pub.

See I see a good day ahead! Now I just ask the world to not interfere with the order of the day.
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 15th Nov 18, 7:21 AM
    • 5,774 Posts
    • 26,671 Thanks
    thorsoak
    Keep that picture in your mind, Mooloo - and keep refreshing it every working day xxx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Nov 18, 1:08 PM
    • 58,080 Posts
    • 239,264 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you have a good day Mooloo

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,239Posts Today

8,518Users online

Martin's Twitter