Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Busy busy day.
    Still getting new people in the shop on a daily basis. Habadashery sales were up today, and as it was a lovely day I stayed open with the Shop doors open while I sewed and caught a £23.50 sale at 5.25 when I would normally be closed at 4pm
    The work is coming in thick and fast.
    I am going to have to work tomorrow at some point even though I am officially on a day off, and I am helping with the boys tomorrow
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Long may it continue :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    (((DGD)))

I'm so sorry that DGD has had to put up with this at such a young age.
    I am so pleased that she has been able to tell you.

I agree with supporting her and not treating it as a huge issue otherwise she may feel she is to blame.

Do you think his mum will deal with him appropriately as I am wondering whether you should call the police?
    I know schools take these issues very seriously - would he listen to a headteacher.
    Obviously it is a safeguarding issue so they would report to Social Services.

((mooloo))
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    On a lighter note, I am helping Biggest with the boys this morning while she does a school activity with dgd2. It's also dgd2s Birthday today she is 7.
    So after school we will go back for a Birthday tea.
    I will have to alter a suit at some stage as I ran out of time yesterday. But I think I will go to work as soon as I do the school run and hopefully get it done before time at Biggests.
    The work is still coming in thick and fast. A 50 invoice book is now only averaging 10 days. (If which 3 1/2 days we are closed).
    It used to last 3 weeks, then just over two weeks.
    Plus more people bring in several items at once now.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • grandma247
    grandma247 Posts: 2,412
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 23 May 2018 at 3:02PM
    This book and this one is useful for keeping children safe.

Mooloo i sent you a pm too.

It seems that the links don't work. Both books are on amazon. Both are by Jayneen Sanders. My body. What I say goes! And Some secrets should never be kept.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    (((HUGS))) Mooloo. Poor DGD, but it's good that she has been able to tell you.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Sadly it just keeps coming :(
    At least DGD was able to tell you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    It will all come out in the wash as my Mum used to say!
    Just tired of it all now.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Mooloo wrote: »
    It will all come out in the wash as my Mum used to say!
    Just tired of it all now.

I am not surprised :(

• grandma247
    grandma247 Posts: 2,412
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Mooloo I've put the authors name and the names of the books at the bottom of my post above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure