Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    My friend adopted two wee lads, brothers, whose family were chaotic and couldn't provide well.

They're now doing well in school and talking about college; few bumps upon the way, a lot of boundary testing, but they couldn't be more wanted. And mum and dad, who could not have biological children, have always regarded them in every way as their own.

I am hoping this may also be true for your situation. It can happen, and the lads are having a great start in life.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Time to get moving and go and see my Mum and my Sister while she is over hear from France. They go to my nieces wedding on Saturday and to France together with Mum on Sunday.
    Then I will have my Wednesday's free to do my own things for the Summer. It will be strange without Mum and our Ladies that Lunch Times.
    When I get back I have sewing to do, so I can keep up with the work coming in to the shop.
    Starting is always an effort but once I get going I am usually fine.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Have a happy time with your sister and Mum, Mooloo ((HUGS))
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,126 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Another vote for a happy Wednesday with your mum & sister.
    Take care of you xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,126 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    *max* wrote: »
    And will likely have more - only a matter of time before DS and partner have yet another one they can't look after either. Contraception doesn't seem to be a priority, or even a concern, for any of Mooloo's children. :(

That's a bit harsh :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Didn't stop long at Mums there was too many people and their newest grandchild was screaming her head off. Poor Mum was slightly stressed as my neice had chosen to invite the beautician around to do her and her mum's nails before Friday's wedding. I thought wedding was Saturday. Oh well
    The social worker has changed the meeting time to 9.15 tomorrow so I cannot now go as my lady can't do the shop until the afternoon.
    There is a official meeting next Friday with several officials, Biggest has the letter in the post.
    So I have text the dreaded GF and told them they need to get their backside back home as Social are visiting them tomorrow.
    I also said they need to get a lawyer
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,840 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mooloo

I think it is worth you and Biggest and her husband sitting down and thinking about and agreeing the outcome that you want from the meeting before it happens.

It is easy to get bamboozled by others with their own agenda and at the end of a meeting realise that the outcome isn!!!8217;t anywhere close to the end point you want.

Talk with Biggest and her husband tonight.
  • Savvy_sewing
    I have heard back from the GF they are on their way home. She wanted to know why they need a lawyer! I have replied that they are only just starting and that they will not be just getting a slap on the wrist and told to do better, that it will work be many meetings and ciurtcases and they need all the help they can get.

I have been on the phone with a Biggest and I have told her that she needs to give the social worker a deadline to have the boys placed with professional care. That it is too much for her family. That as a family we have to let them go to another family and hopefully get a better future, that I hate to say it but I cannot see them being allowed back to DS etc.
    It was a hard conversation but it was needed.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Make sure that GF and DS know that you are not paying for a lawyer, Mooloo! Also let them know that you are opposing the return of the two wee boys to their parents as it will only happen again ..and again.....and again. :-(
  • Savvy_sewing
    They know that I am at the end of my overdraft and no help is forthcoming.
    I don't have it so even if I had wanted to I cannot.
    I am still struggling to clear the credit card with their debts on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure