Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 31st Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    • 9,946Posts
    • 49,158Thanks
    Mooloo
    Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018 31st Dec 17 at 7:35 PM
    My previous threads here have been about my struggles etc bringing up my family and now my Granddaughter, building a business on little funds and a lot of faith.
    Titles suggested often are linked to my sewing, but this year I want to be different. No more Struggle!

This year is all about Managing it!
    Getting on top of the hiccups and the pitfalls.
    Managing to say NO more often.
    Managing to cut my Debts.
    Managing to raise my Income levels.
    Managing to make my Business even better.
    Managing to block time for the things I want to do.
    Managing to create a better home life.
    Managing to raise above the fire fighting and being ready to tackle issues before the fire.

So here is the start.
    I am due to go out celebrating the New Year this evening with my BF, and Welcome Home my DGD tomorrow.
    I will expand on my goals and plans over the next few days, and follow through the next 12 months.
    See you along the way.
    Without my fellow MSE!!!8217;ers I probably would have had a much tougher ride than I had.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-05-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
Page 71
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Sep 18, 4:23 PM
    • 56,767 Posts
    • 230,867 Thanks
    beanielou
    Right.
    This is enough of all the bickering & back stabbing the likes of which I have never seen in all my years of posting on MSE.
    Enough.Now.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • phryne
    • By phryne 18th Sep 18, 4:51 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    phryne
    All very silly and immature. Do as you suggested a while ago and put people on ignore if you don't like their posts.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 18th Sep 18, 5:44 PM
    • 9,946 Posts
    • 49,158 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I am reading, I have said all I can say at the moment.
    I will, if allowed keep Mooloo but will back off for a while.
    I will keep you informed of Biggests baby when it comes.
    For now I certainly didn't want all the fighting, nastyness etc that has gone on here and when I tried to start under a different name, which failed to separate my name from the shop etc

I just can't take all the bickering. I know I make mistakes, I just diaries my days. Or I did.
    Facts have been twisted and posts have now been deleted.

I just want peace, peace here, and peace at home.

So as I said, I am backing off for now.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • annandale
    • By annandale 18th Sep 18, 5:48 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 2,458 Thanks
    annandale
    You can ask the moderators for a name change without having to make a new account I believe
    • phryne
    • By phryne 18th Sep 18, 5:50 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    phryne
    Sorry annandale, not getting at you, but I can't see the point of that, as she'd soon be identified under the new name as well.
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 18th Sep 18, 5:56 PM
    • 5,712 Posts
    • 26,251 Thanks
    thorsoak
    This particular board is famous for it, all over the internet, I'm afraid.

With luck the forum team will be able to remove any posts that break forum rules, and communicate with the poster who is posting threads under two accounts.
    Originally posted by phryne
    I question why you decided to join MSE just this month if you KNOW that this board is "famous for it, all over the internet, I'm afraid" - unless it was to stir the pot.

Having two accounts is not unusual - quite often people will say "I don't want to be identified by my usual name, therefore this is under another name". Never been queried. What is objectionable is the poster who registers under multiple names and posts as different individuals. Some names come easily to mind, but I'm not going to be the person who takes this thread off-track yet again.

Mooloo - post when you can, when you need to let off steam, when you have news. You know that most of us who read your threads have got your back xx
    Last edited by thorsoak; Yesterday at 6:00 PM.
    • annandale
    • By annandale 18th Sep 18, 6:10 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 2,458 Thanks
    annandale
    Well yes. There have been numerous people over the years who have started threads because they don't want to be identified under their own name.

No one bats an eyelid. I find it particularly odd that someone who has been on here for a matter of weeks calls me out for being a pot stirrer then starts making negative posts when I've posted elsewhere on here.

Because I've supported mooloo? Or you just think living in poverty is funny and I've to be criticised for calling it as I see it.
    • annandale
    • By annandale 18th Sep 18, 6:46 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 2,458 Thanks
    annandale
    Clearly some agendas going on on here. Why all this beef agai
    • annandale
    • By annandale 18th Sep 18, 6:47 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 2,458 Thanks
    annandale
    Beef against mooloo now. After all this time. From new posters. Can't edit on my phone and typed the last one too quickly. Apologies.

And beef against people who are supporting her as well
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 18th Sep 18, 6:57 PM
    • 6,576 Posts
    • 14,103 Thanks
    marliepanda
    Beef against mooloo now. After all this time. From new posters. Can't edit on my phone and typed the last one too quickly. Apologies.

And beef against people who are supporting her as well
    Originally posted by annandale
    What is the actual beef? The most recent thing I see is people disagreeing with the actions re the girlfriend:

Social services asking Mooloo not to post about the boys (so she continued under a identifiable other name)
    Taking her back to a dangerous home
    Posting publically about her being in that dangerous home
    The gf texting the granddaughter and that not being ‘blocked’ before people said things on the post

Sorry but none of those things are above criticism.

Disagreeing with actions is not beef. To be honest the only ‘beef’ I see is her supporters accusing anyone who says boo of bullying, being in compassionate, being terrible at their jobs etc.

They may not post but they’re all there frantically liking all the ‘youre a nasty bully she is a saint’ posts...

Again, these posts cannot stay on track and cannot stay on topic (I know I’m guilty of it too) again I see people reporting posts. It’s not necessarily an attack on Mooloo these posts being reported it’s an attack on the ridiculous in fighting about what people can and can’t say in response to a thread.
    • phryne
    • By phryne 18th Sep 18, 7:11 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    phryne
    I strongly refute your statement that I "engage in cat-fights" - I object to that allegation and shall report your post. I merely commented that you joined this month - and it would appear that most of your posts are confrontational.
    Originally posted by thorsoak
    Citation needed, or you are simply ganging up on new account holders.

They may not post but they’re all there frantically liking all the ‘youre a nasty bully she is a saint’ posts...

Again, these posts cannot stay on track and cannot stay on topic (I know I’m guilty of it too) again I see people reporting posts. It’s not necessarily an attack on Mooloo these posts being reported it’s an attack on the ridiculous in fighting about what people can and can’t say in response to a thread.
    Originally posted by marliepanda
    Fwiw I have now seen Mooloo's website and as a sewing person myself I wish her all the best with her business venture. I have only reported the two threads because of the mess that's breaking out on here, due to a small handful of immature posters who seem to like forming little gangs and scratching each others eyes out on a message board. (Thorsoak can report this too if she likes, I will flag her post up with the moderators where she has threatened to report me. I have done nothing wrong.)
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 18th Sep 18, 7:16 PM
    • 6,576 Posts
    • 14,103 Thanks
    marliepanda
    9/10 people on the threads have done and said nothing wrong. However some people see criticism as ‘wrong’
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 18th Sep 18, 8:41 PM
    • 5,805 Posts
    • 13,306 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    I didn’t bash anyone. I informed someone who was clearly confused about who had ‘decided’ the postings were inappropriate. Thanks.
    Originally posted by marliepanda
    No I was annoyed that when you were told to leave it, you wouldn't
    • annandale
    • By annandale 18th Sep 18, 9:02 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 2,458 Thanks
    annandale
    I'm sorry was that your quote? Directed at you?
    No, didn't think so, well unless your marliepanda
    I would guess this is a long time forum user under a new name, it would be very odd if someone new to the forum would have so many issues with Mooloo and anyone posting in support of Mooloo. Unless its someone very upset that people have not jumped on the bash mooloo bandwagon.

Id consider putting them on ignore.
    • annandale
    • By annandale 18th Sep 18, 9:04 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 2,458 Thanks
    annandale
    As soon as Mooloo posts, on it. Like a dog with a bone.
    • phryne
    • By phryne 18th Sep 18, 9:07 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    phryne
    I would guess this is a long time forum user under a new name, it would be very odd if someone new to the forum would have so many issues with Mooloo and anyone posting in support of Mooloo. Unless its someone very upset that people have not jumped on the bash mooloo bandwagon.

Id consider putting them on ignore.
    Obviously you won't see this reply as I'm on ignore , but for anyone else reading, annandale has been trolling this board for much of the day.

I have no issues with Mooloo. I don't even know the woman. I wish her luck with her sewing shop etc. By the way have you removed your post yet, the one which gives away her identity, her address and her photograph?
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 18th Sep 18, 9:11 PM
    • 5,805 Posts
    • 13,306 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Have done annandale
    They are currently on my thread you know the one that a long time poster set u a new username and trolled me on
    • phryne
    • By phryne 18th Sep 18, 9:14 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    phryne
    Have done annandale
    They are currently on my thread you know the one that a long time poster set u a new username and trolled me on
    Originally posted by mellymoo74
    I clicked on your username, lol, as you must have on mine, in order to see what thread I was viewing. Stones and glasshouses

And if that's directed at me, no I didn't. Why is it that the trolls are the ones who complain loudest about 'being trolled'?

I'll be glad when this thread gets removed, as I'm sure will the OP. There's some cliquey little gangs on here. All very juvenile.
    Last edited by phryne; Yesterday at 9:18 PM.
    • annandale
    • By annandale 18th Sep 18, 9:19 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 2,458 Thanks
    annandale
    Have done annandale
    It could be anyone, but I think its someone who has another profile on the boards just now. There is no way a new user would just sign up and then crash on here and troll Mooloo around and anyone who posts in support of her.

This is ridiculous. Mooloo needs support. No she does not need people hanging off her every word, but she certainly does not need this.

If it is not an old poster, it is very bizarre that someone new would just come on here and be so over the top about Mooloo.

This was one of the nicest threads on here for a very long time and it is at risk of being destroyed by people like this. Please just stop, there is no need for this whatsoever.
    • phryne
    • By phryne 18th Sep 18, 9:23 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    phryne
    It could be anyone, but I think its someone who has another profile on the boards just now. There is no way a new user would just sign up and then crash on here and troll Mooloo around and anyone who posts in support of her.

This is ridiculous. Mooloo needs support. No she does not need people hanging off her every word, but she certainly does not need this.

If it is not an old poster, it is very bizarre that someone new would just come on here and be so over the top about Mooloo.

This was one of the nicest threads on here for a very long time and it is at risk of being destroyed by people like this. Please just stop, there is no need for this whatsoever.
    Clearly you're writing to each other and ignoring the 'outsider' who isn't saying what you want to hear (very schoolyard!), but for anyone else reading this - no I don't have another account on here and I find your obsession about Mooloo being "bashed" (your words) a bit absurd, tbh.

If you'd stop posting and winding people up, maybe others wouldn't feel the need to defend themselves against your ridiculous accusations.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,838Posts Today

8,463Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin