Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 31st Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    • 9,944Posts
    • 49,153Thanks
    Mooloo
    Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018 31st Dec 17 at 7:35 PM
    My previous threads here have been about my struggles etc bringing up my family and now my Granddaughter, building a business on little funds and a lot of faith.
    Titles suggested often are linked to my sewing, but this year I want to be different. No more Struggle!

This year is all about Managing it!
    Getting on top of the hiccups and the pitfalls.
    Managing to say NO more often.
    Managing to cut my Debts.
    Managing to raise my Income levels.
    Managing to make my Business even better.
    Managing to block time for the things I want to do.
    Managing to create a better home life.
    Managing to raise above the fire fighting and being ready to tackle issues before the fire.

So here is the start.
    I am due to go out celebrating the New Year this evening with my BF, and Welcome Home my DGD tomorrow.
    I will expand on my goals and plans over the next few days, and follow through the next 12 months.
    See you along the way.
    Without my fellow MSE!!!8217;ers I probably would have had a much tougher ride than I had.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-05-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
Page 70
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th Sep 18, 10:55 AM
    • 9,944 Posts
    • 49,153 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I am not managing to post at the moment.
    Last try?
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th Sep 18, 10:59 AM
    • 9,944 Posts
    • 49,153 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Ah!
    That worked
    No news is good news about Biggest.
    She's still resting. I am going to do some shopping for both of us today. I had my dgs4 for a few hours on Wednesday after I had been to my Mums.
    Went shopping with her, bought a shed for dgd to play her drums in next month. Strange birthday present but needed for the space etc. Her own chill out zone. The house is pretty crowded at the moment.
    Next job I'd guess I'd better focus on other than the Shop is good old decluttering again.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 16th Sep 18, 11:47 AM
    • 2,364 Posts
    • 22,454 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    It's good to see you Mooloo . Biggest seems to be doing well so that's good news . I think the shed and drums are a brilliant present and hope DGD is coping at school .

I think I'd be doing any decluttering in bite size chunks . I don't know how your joints are at the moment but you have a lot going on and will need to pace if you can .

I looked at the link for that house . You get an awful lot for your money there . I was amazed the amount of photographs showing all the different details very different to here where it seems to range from 2 to 20 on average .

You mentioned tartan fabric , is that all for sale or are you planning any makes workload permitting ? It's still very popular especially at this time of year and Christmas . I've made cushions , hearts and table linen and it is cheerful, cosy and festive as the days draw in .

Take care

polly x
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th Sep 18, 6:07 PM
    • 9,944 Posts
    • 49,153 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I bought it for selling in the shop, but I will probably make a couple of cushions, and get Seamstress to make a child's party dress see how it looks.
    Shopping done.
    Dinner done.
    Brought about 16 pairs of trousers home to alter so I am not so far behind tomorrow so I am off to start it all now.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 17th Sep 18, 6:49 PM
    • 9,944 Posts
    • 49,153 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Good day in the shop. As I had taken work home yesterday it gave me confidence that we were on track.
    Unfortunately I am not sure the new Seamstress is actually up to par. I will give her Thursday, and review.
    Dgs4 is poorly. Hand foot and mouth virus, he's only been in the new Nursery two weeks. Bless him.
    Biggest is still hanging on, so we may actually make it to the Caesar date 3rd October.

Dgd is actually doing her homework before being asked. Amazing.

Twin 1 and family are coming up to visit next month.
    I need to find a few days to go and see twin2.

Mum is well and praying for DS to see sense.

Think what I have discussed here is permitted.

However if you don't see me post for a while,then it's not because my life has changed to anything sinister, it's just that one of our followers is trying to get me deleted.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 17th Sep 18, 8:20 PM
    • 5,805 Posts
    • 13,305 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Ffs Mooloo some people really are stupid and need to learn to keep beak out.
    This is a useful outlet for you and its SS place to let you know if the info you post is too personal not a random on the Internet.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 17th Sep 18, 9:59 PM
    • 6,572 Posts
    • 14,097 Thanks
    marliepanda
    Ffs Mooloo some people really are stupid and need to learn to keep beak out.
    This is a useful outlet for you and its SS place to let you know if the info you post is too personal not a random on the Internet.
    Originally posted by mellymoo74
    You do realise SS is the one who mentioned it in the first place...
    • annandale
    • By annandale 18th Sep 18, 12:35 AM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 2,455 Thanks
    annandale
    She's gone. Hardly matters now.
    • IT manager
    • By IT manager 18th Sep 18, 9:28 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    IT manager
    You do realise SS is the one who mentioned it in the first place...
    Originally posted by marliepanda
    The new thread and different user name addressed that issue. Time to let it go. Mooloo's been driven off her own thread with all this OP bashing.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 18th Sep 18, 10:07 AM
    • 6,572 Posts
    • 14,097 Thanks
    marliepanda
    The new thread and different user name addressed that issue. Time to let it go. Mooloo's been driven off her own thread with all this OP bashing.
    Originally posted by IT manager
    I didn’t bash anyone. I informed someone who was clearly confused about who had ‘decided’ the postings were inappropriate. Thanks.
    • IT manager
    • By IT manager 18th Sep 18, 10:13 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    IT manager
    I didn’t bash anyone. I informed someone who was clearly confused about who had ‘decided’ the postings were inappropriate. Thanks.
    Originally posted by marliepanda
    Just leave it now, unless you want to apologise to Mooloo.
    • annandale
    • By annandale 18th Sep 18, 11:02 AM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 2,455 Thanks
    annandale
    If mooloo was posting things that were not appropriate the person to tell her so was the social worker.

I saw the other thread. It got out of hand. Mooloo was quite rightly trying to get the woman who was abusing her son to leave her home. Then it was assumed wrongly that mooloo was trying to get her to return to a home where she might be raped or firebombed out. She had told the girl to go to her mums.

And then all the hoo ha about the sons gf swapping numbers with her dgd.

Its obvious one person on here crossed over there to give mooloo a very hard time. Mooloo has said the person is trying to get her banned.

Look at the stuff that was said. People got several things wrong. And she's been chased off.

It's possible that someone on here reported mooloo to the social work in the first place.

She's not safe posting on here anymore. How terrible.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 18th Sep 18, 12:21 PM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 4,399 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    I wish there was an �� angry button on here like on FB. I've been away so have missed what's been going on but obviously from annandale's post above, things have become quite unpleasant- both for Mooloo at home, and from certain person(s) on here. How spiteful can some people be!!!

I suspected from the start it was someone here reporting her and seems I was right. It's a shame MSE can't PPR them but they'd only come back under a different user name.

Mooloo, if you're reading this, I'm so sorry for what you're going through, both here and at home, and wish you all the best in the future. I've followed your threads since day one and have enjoyed reading your journey through life. You're truly a remarkable woman an I know you'll have the strength to get through this too.

I also pray Biggest has a successful delivery too. I'm not on your page "on the other side" so unfortunately won't know how things turn out for you. I hope whoever has chased you away from here gets what he/she deserves. Take care Mooloo, much love xx
    • annandale
    • By annandale 18th Sep 18, 12:28 PM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 2,455 Thanks
    annandale
    One poster has had their account removed over this by the looks of things. Looked very much like a vendetta to me.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Sep 18, 3:40 PM
    • 56,767 Posts
    • 230,857 Thanks
    beanielou
    One poster has had their account removed over this by the looks of things. Looked very much like a vendetta to me.
    Originally posted by annandale
    How do you know?
    I would not know
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • phryne
    • By phryne 18th Sep 18, 4:04 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    phryne
    I don't know what's going on but whatever it is, they can do without your stirring.
    • annandale
    • By annandale 18th Sep 18, 4:09 PM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 2,455 Thanks
    annandale
    One of the posters who was the most vicious to mooloo has had their account removed. Totally. Gone from the boards.
    I think that speaks for itself.

She has been on here a very long time and she should not have been put in a position where she felt firstly that someone was trying to get her main account banned. And secondly where she feels that she has to leave after 11 years of posting a diary on here.

And with respect in the same way you can express your opinion. I'll express mine
    • phryne
    • By phryne 18th Sep 18, 4:13 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    phryne
    One of the posters who was the most vicious to mooloo has had their account removed. Totally. Gone from the boards.
    I think that speaks for itself.

She has been on here a very long time and she should not have been put in a position where she felt firstly that someone was trying to get her main account banned. And secondly where she feels that she has to leave after 11 years of posting a diary on here.

And with respect in the same way you can express your opinion. I'll express mine
    Your post doesn't make much sense. Somebody has asked MSE to remove their account?

Re the past paragraph if you could express your opinion with respect, it wouldn't be a problem. Your posting style is very confrontational and aggressive, I'm not the only person to pick you up on that. You make post after post, picking arguments with people.

Anyway, if this MooLoo wants to continue posting perhaps she can decide which account she wants to use?
    • annandale
    • By annandale 18th Sep 18, 4:18 PM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 2,455 Thanks
    annandale
    I'm putting you on ignore. Hope that helps.

Mooloo has been on here a long time. It was a safe space for her to post and it's got very nasty lately.

It's not stirring to state that a poster got her account removed after making some very nasty posts to Mooloo. It's fact.

Mooloo said that someone was trying to get her banned. I assume that's why she made the second account. Incase she was.

Mooloo. If you are reading this please come back on. You have a lot of support on here.
    • phryne
    • By phryne 18th Sep 18, 4:22 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    phryne
    I'm putting you on ignore. Hope that helps.
    Let's hope the bickering and the nasty posts get removed and the accounts put back in order. It isn't just this thread that you've been causing trouble on, either. You've got time on your hands and the internet at your fingertips, I suppose it is tempting for you to get involved in online spats. Your choice, of course.

I will not put you on ignore, as I believe you're up to something.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

668Posts Today

6,779Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin