Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 31st Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    • 9,897Posts
    • 48,765Thanks
    Mooloo
    Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018 31st Dec 17 at 7:35 PM
    My previous threads here have been about my struggles etc bringing up my family and now my Granddaughter, building a business on little funds and a lot of faith.
    Titles suggested often are linked to my sewing, but this year I want to be different. No more Struggle!

This year is all about Managing it!
    Getting on top of the hiccups and the pitfalls.
    Managing to say NO more often.
    Managing to cut my Debts.
    Managing to raise my Income levels.
    Managing to make my Business even better.
    Managing to block time for the things I want to do.
    Managing to create a better home life.
    Managing to raise above the fire fighting and being ready to tackle issues before the fire.

So here is the start.
    I am due to go out celebrating the New Year this evening with my BF, and Welcome Home my DGD tomorrow.
    I will expand on my goals and plans over the next few days, and follow through the next 12 months.
    See you along the way.
    Without my fellow MSE!!!8217;ers I probably would have had a much tougher ride than I had.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-05-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
Page 26
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 15th Apr 18, 5:52 PM
    • 9,897 Posts
    • 48,765 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I won't get into a debate about what may or may not happen with Biggest etc. I hope all will go well, I won't be taking on a problem dog.
    I am more concerned about the children and their situation on my Sons side.
    I cannot worry about what may or may not happen when I have enough going on at the moment.
    Sorry I don't need the doom and gloom right now. There is enough of it.
    Biggest and her hubby will have to get on with it. They have plenty of friends and family to help them when needed.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • MaxieJ
    • By MaxieJ 15th Apr 18, 6:27 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    MaxieJ
    Haven't you abandoned a dog before Mooloo?
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 18, 7:00 PM
    • 56,215 Posts
    • 227,285 Thanks
    beanielou
    Originally posted by MaxieJ
    Blimey, thats a bit harsh.
    Do you know that as a fact?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 15th Apr 18, 7:00 PM
    • 9,897 Posts
    • 48,765 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Originally posted by MaxieJ
    No I didn't abandon my dog.
    I had to re home my dog when I had to live in a private rental at the birth of Dgd and DGS.
    I don't see that was a choice I had really. I couldn't abandon my grandchildren could I.

I feel very hurt that you have said that.
    It was a horrible time. He had a new home.
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 15th Apr 18, 7:01 PM
    • 5,690 Posts
    • 26,064 Thanks
    thorsoak
    I don't think so! And I've followed Mooloo for ages!
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 15th Apr 18, 7:05 PM
    • 9,897 Posts
    • 48,765 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Blimey, thats a bit harsh.
    Do you know that as a fact?
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Way back when the twins had their babies I had to rehome the dog as the landlord wouldn't let me have the dog. Did I have a choice? Not really.
    I couldn't live in a two bedroom flat with DS, Twin1,twin2, two babies, my self and the dog.

I presume she/he is referring to that occasion as that will probably catalogued here in my diaries at the time.

I had no choice but I certainly would not call it abandoning him.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 15th Apr 18, 7:08 PM
    • 2,299 Posts
    • 21,873 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Odd a newbie with a few posts has focused each on you Mooloo .

Nothing to see let's carry on .

polly x
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 18, 7:09 PM
    • 56,215 Posts
    • 227,285 Thanks
    beanielou
    Yes, time indeed to move on.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 15th Apr 18, 7:40 PM
    • 9,897 Posts
    • 48,765 Thanks
    Mooloo
    All 6 posts have been on my diaries and all negative
    So I will just ignore the poster in future.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 18, 8:08 PM
    • 56,215 Posts
    • 227,285 Thanks
    beanielou
    Way back when the twins had their babies I had to rehome the dog as the landlord wouldn't let me have the dog. Did I have a choice? Not really.
    I couldn't live in a two bedroom flat with DS, Twin1,twin2, two babies, my self and the dog.

I presume she/he is referring to that occasion as that will probably catalogued here in my diaries at the time.

I had no choice but I certainly would not call it abandoning him.
    Originally posted by Mooloo
    Nor would i.
    You do not need to justify yourself Mooloo.

***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 15th Apr 18, 10:18 PM
    • 9,897 Posts
    • 48,765 Thanks
    Mooloo
    So this evening I got my act together and started to write my sewing blog.
    I have been saying that I would start to write one for quite a while but never really put my mind to it .
    But remembering that if I am to chase my dreams one of the things that I will need is a income stream from various sources that I could generate from anywhere in the world. I am told Blogging is the way forward. Well I am reasonably good at writing down my daily life, and when I am teaching I appear to know what I am doing, so if I can generate an interesting blog, can get affiliates etc then along with selling my items and YouTube etc I am hoping that Mooloos will eventually generate some funds to keep body and soul together.
    If you want to follow me there then do have a peek.
    It's a work in progress but I will learn.
    mooloos.wordpress.com
    I think should take you there.

Probably only those who are interested in sewing will be interested, although today's post is a little story of how Mooloo's became.

It has kept me busy, and I needed to be busy.
    I now know why BF dashed off so suddenly. He's just become a grandfather again. Mother and baby doing well.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th Apr 18, 7:23 AM
    • 9,897 Posts
    • 48,765 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Morning, I need to keep this one brief as it's back to school again today.
    I still ended up with a late night, past midnight as I ended up doing more surveys to keep my mind busy. The more I have done the more emails with new ones have arrived in my in box. But I will need to block time or as I said yesterday it will swallow my time.
    BF has hurt his back apparently so he may be struggling today, and what with the new arrival I think I will probably see even less of him for a while anyway.
    My first two followers have clicked on the Blog. Exciting times. Although it will probably take years to get as many as read this.
    Today Biggest is back in work so hopefully I can get the backlog of curtains finished before the day is out. With out having to serve in the shop I will have better concentration and be able to focus on one task at a time.
    I have done the two loads of DSs washing the bag turned out to hold. Hopefully I will get them dry ready to return tomorrow. I plan on returning them a day earlier than I told them as I want to see the kitchen.
    My full rent , life insurance and other DDs have gone out of the bank today, and despite paying myself £100 I am £255 overdrawn out of my £500 over draft. Things are very tight in the Mooloo household at the moment. But I am on it, just.
    The one good thing is that all the credit cards are put away so no little temptation to use them, and I am tweaking the budget as much as I can to claw back the overdraft and rebuild the buffer that I used to have. Not that the Surveys will be paying into the pot for a while.
    I think I need a few more coin purses up on my Facebook page.
    Time to wake Dgd.
    Here is hoping for a less stressful day and positive vibes ahead.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    • 9,897 Posts
    • 48,765 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Back at the doctors with Dgd. Ears again. This time it's the right side!
    Could have done with working later as another 10 customers jobs added today. I am going to be working hard this week to get things done. Biggest is stopping work to deal with family and because of the dog. She has to give nursery a months notice so will only be doing enough to cover the fees and then will stop all together.
    I am going to save £100-£200 a week on wages, but I will have to do her job as well as mine. So work will have to be until 5.30 every evening and I will have to bring work home too. The Seamstress is going to work an extra hour every day, on her days which is Monday and Tuesday.
    I definitely will need to be super organised to stay on top of everything else.
    Glad the winter is fading as my energy level and the mood swings should improve.
    So all change once more. I am hoping that I will manage so I can pay my self a wage.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    • 56,215 Posts
    • 227,285 Thanks
    beanielou
    I hope you can manage.
    Would DD not even consider doing one day?

***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th Apr 18, 8:11 PM
    • 9,897 Posts
    • 48,765 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I hope you can manage.
    Would DD not even consider doing one day?
    Originally posted by beanielou
    She will do two days for the next 4 weeks. Then stop as her son will not be in nursery here anymore.
    She will help me with Dgd and with paperwork or internet stuff where she can.

I am fine, it is my choice not to employ at the moment.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 17th Apr 18, 7:18 AM
    • 9,897 Posts
    • 48,765 Thanks
    Mooloo
    So, the day begins with my dragging my heels as I had another restless night and now this morning I have a tummy ache!
    I am about to wake Dgd and then get my shower.
    I have drafted in one of my friends who is going to help me with my decluttering and to spring clean my home.
    I didn't get the garden finished after waiting two hours at the doctors it was 6.40 before I started to cook tea.
    Today is going to be busy at work and at home as my to do list is growing.

I can do this!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Apr 18, 11:02 AM
    • 56,215 Posts
    • 227,285 Thanks
    beanielou
    You CAN do this.

***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 17th Apr 18, 6:14 PM
    • 9,897 Posts
    • 48,765 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Well we have been very busy at work and it doesn't look like any let up soon. 16 new jobs in today. 8 finished.
    I will be working through as late as possible each evening after Shop hours.
    My friend made a brilliant job of my kitchen, and bathroom and started in my sitting room for me.
    I came home to a lovely bunch of daffodils on the table, and a washing load done. I was planning on hanging it out and cutting the rest of the lawn but it started to rain as soon as I stepped out the back door.
    We are having heated up left over meals tonight. Hopefully I will get to Food Shop tomorrow. My fuel light came on on the way home so petrol tomorrow as well.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Apr 18, 9:15 PM
    • 56,215 Posts
    • 227,285 Thanks
    beanielou
    What a lovely friend to have.

***Keep plodding***
    • Brighton belle
    • By Brighton belle 17th Apr 18, 10:11 PM
    • 5,118 Posts
    • 25,201 Thanks
    Brighton belle
    Lovely to hear you have had such support at home today Mooloo. Hope that gives you a much deserved morale boost.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,014Posts Today

6,873Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin