Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • izzy3
    • By izzy3 31st Dec 17, 7:17 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    izzy3
    Mortgage arrears refund from HBOS
    • 31st Dec 17, 7:17 PM
    Mortgage arrears refund from HBOS 31st Dec 17 at 7:17 PM
    So a while ago I read about HBOS looking into the way they had charged customers in difficulty. My personal circumstances of arrears related to being bullied out of a job (nasty boss), lead to depression and a truly awful time. However, I found that HBOS were always helpful to the situation and I always made full payments to the arrangement that was made.
    However, intrigued by this, I gave them a call early November 2017 and was told that I would not be receiving a letter, so no refund of charges.
    Since my issues, I have always overpaid, even just a little every month, be it 10 or whatever was spare.
    Sitting at work (new job - lovely boss) on my lunch and the chat was regarding mortgages and how many years we all had left.
    I logged in and to my astonishment - my balance had dramatically fallen!!!
    At the beginning of December, unbeknown to me, a refund had been credited to my account of 3'222.00!!! Still to receive the letter...
    Has anyone else received refunds?!?!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,940Posts Today

8,558Users online

Martin's Twitter