Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 31st Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    • 2,486Posts
    • 35,685Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018 31st Dec 17 at 5:47 PM
    FIRST FULL THREAD OF 2018

May I wish each and everyone of you, regulars, oldies, newbies, returners and lurkers a very Happy 2018 may it be filled with happiness and not too much dust.

This week will see a LOT of newcomers which happens every year, sadly many of these ladies and gents do not stay long. This influx usually means the thread is very very busy, please do not lose heart if you cannot keep up with everyone else or reading the thread, don't try to reply to everyone and please remember to include something about flying in your posts, chat is for the weekend when your home is looking beautiful!!! Things will settle again in a couple of weeks so don't worry it will return to normal and we will hopefully have some new fledglings.

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Thank you Valli for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

There are 3 levels per day deepening on how much time you have. Feel free to mix and match to suit your own personal circumstances.

Every room comes back around next week so please don!!!8217;t stress about catching up.

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer![/color]

Some of our abbreviations: DH- dear husband, OH- other half, KH/CF- affectionate term for ex husband or partner DS/DD- dear son/daughter, DGC- dear grandchild, WM- washing machine, DW- dishwasher, LR/DR- living/dining room, RoD- room of doom, Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al- supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!

MAD half hour- Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Mondayday - New Year's Day
    Just some bits and pieces for those in the mood, if not have the day off ready to start tomorrow. Remember to spend sometime with family/friends if you like that sort of thing.

Hoover out smoke alarms and test
    Put up those calenders for the new year
    Update calendar/diary with all those important dates
    Delete some emails/favourites
    Back up photos from phone/laptop etc, enjoy looking over some
    Put away any glasses used last night
    Hoover any areas in dire need
    S&S toilets and sinks if required
    Sort out that drawer/cupboard/shelf which has been on your list forever.

No Laundry !!!8211; you don!!!8217;t want to wash away any good luck.

Write a list of 5 things you do that make you happy and 5 that make you sad. Ponder on how to do more of the first list and less of the latter.

Tuesday ~ Kitchen and Living Room

Level One
    S&S Kitchen
    Empty out bins
    Wipe/scrub sink
    Level Two
    Straighten up cushions/covers/displaced toys etc..
    Move clutter so you can vacuum under it
    Vacuum and wipe (if needed) sofas
    Dust any areas below eye level
    Find homes for new appliances/books that you may have received for Christmas
    Level Three
    Dust anything above eye level (if safe to do so)
    Clear anything that shouldn't be where it is..maybe the Christmas tree if don!!!8217;t want to wait till 12th night
    Look for the good in others and notice their strengths..

Extra Mission Tasks - as usual if you fancy tackling something else you could try one or more of these
    • Check the useby dates on stuff in fridge, double check your fruit bowl !!!8211; do you need to get rid of anything furry or a funny colour?
    • Wipe the bits next to the steps on the stairs, yours might be skirting board, edging of some sort, grab a cloth and give it a wipe

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level 1

Check fire alarms are working
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen, air the bed if possible
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level 3
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Do three extra acts of kindess fpr other people.

Extra tasks list, as usual choose one or more
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Check the airing cupboard, anything that is way past it's use by (maybe recycle for rags if possible, you could donate old sheets oor towels to a local animal rescue for bedding)
    • Clean tops of wardrobes and drawers (if safe to do so, no pregnant flyladies on ladders please delegate the job instead)
    • Check through undies drawers, anything more holy than the church which needs to go/be repaired? Anyone need anything replacing?
    • Give everyone at home a bag to collect the things which belong to them that are not where they should be, give them 15 minutes to find them all and put them away You could threaten to bin whatever is left if they don't seeing as everyones being quite ruthless this week
    Thursday ~ Childrens/spare rooms
    Level One...
    The most important task first.. make time for yourself.. a haircut, manicure, or just a relaxing bath in peace!
    Strip, wash and replace bedding
    Level Two...
    Sort through a box of toys/shelf/cupboard see if you can fit in some of the christmas stash
    Tidy a chest of drawers
    Vacuum, even if it means kicking all the mess into a corner heap!
    Level Three..
    Binbag Dance.. fling those broken things and empty packaging!
    Wash windows and sills, and curtains and blinds!
    Make sure games are in boxes and books are straight on shelves
    Extras
    • Wash stinky pet beds/houses
    • Dust all the light fittings
    • Chase appointments/put off call and emails/catch up with a friend you have been putting off
    • Check when appointments are due for dentist, opticians, smears etc.. Make notes in diaries/calendars

Friday ~ Bathroom and study/pc area
    Level One
    Declutter floors and chairs and pile all the paperwork in one heap
    Clear desk of papers and junk.. give it a good wipe
    Level Two...
    Wipe mouse, keyboard and polish screens while pc runs defrag.
    Declutter 50 emails, 5 dead links and any unused programs.. make backup disc of pics etc.. just in case!
    Scrub bath, loo, sinks, showers
    Level Three...
    Wash shower curtains/mat etc that are grotty
    Clean paintwork and shine mirrors
    Empty and wash out bins
    Extras
    • Sort through that pile of hotspots!
    • Make room in the bathroom for your new christmas smellies! and get them installed
    • Clean radiators.. don't forget the back (sock on a stick/coat hanger!)
    • Get those christmas 'Thank you's' sent out!
    Last edited by Natty68; 04-01-2018 at 9:17 PM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 8
    • MrsChaos
    • By MrsChaos 3rd Jan 18, 11:16 PM
    • 2,061 Posts
    • 41,482 Thanks
    MrsChaos
    Nice day, but not my most successful one after a slow start (didn't sleep well because of the wind). I managed 3 lots of laundry, cooked a nice meal and got a bit further with goal setting for this year. Trip into town was also a success: DS1's old quilt and pillow taken to tip, gifted gloves exchanged for a jumper in M&S (they were too big and not really needed), £5 Body Shop voucher used for things I did need and classroom hoovered/tables wiped. Thought this afternoon that my cold is making a reappearance, so I'm trying to be careful. This next half term will be short, but a challenge.

Monday - New Year's Day

Schedule time with DS2 and his calendar

Wipe/scrub sink
    Check stuff in fridge, double check your fruit bowl

HH tidy
    3 acts of kindness - made fresh porridge for DS2 instead of telling him to grab some cereal, dried OH's fleecy pjs straight away so he could wear them tonight, watered a colleague's plant.
    27 fling boogie time
    ask DS1 to choose which bedding to take to animal charity[/QUOTE]

Bath - hair cut booked for Saturday.
    HHC in DS2's room
    Vacuum
    Binbag Dance
    phone dentist
    phone car place
    take little cat to vet's (she has a croaky voice)
    de-Christmas the house
    go out with OH for a bit
    Last edited by MrsChaos; 03-01-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    • katto
    • By katto 4th Jan 18, 12:33 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    katto
    Hi all

Here’s mine - had a busy day at work - after finished my list crawled into bed with a book - fell asleep and now awake again so reporting in:
    Check fire alarms are working - they are sensitive and go off all the time but I checked the Carbon monoxide one
    Remove and wash bed linen
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen, air the bed if possible
    15 minutes floordrobe (and chairdrobe) clearance
    Clear a hotspot
    27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter - DH did this while I made tea !!!128578;
    Give everyone at home a bag to collect the things which belong to them that are not where they should be, give them 15 minutes to find them all and put them away - this was genius - thank you - made a huge difference in just 5 mins
    • Princess Money Penny
    • By Princess Money Penny 4th Jan 18, 1:04 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 178 Thanks
    Princess Money Penny
    Hello all

I'm a day behind so today was Tuesday for me. Felt pretty awful and had a million things to do so only really got going at 9pm so here's my try for today

Level One
    S&S Kitchen - done
    Empty out bins - bins an issue as not quite worked out when pick up is yet. I just kinda gathered the recycling by the back door!
    Wipe/scrub sink - done
    Level Two
    Straighten up cushions/covers/displaced toys etc.. - done (not the toys! Still overwhelmed by these)
    Move clutter so you can vacuum under it - vacuumed round it
    Vacuum and wipe (if needed) sofas - did this mammoth task!
    Find homes for new appliances/books that you may have received for Christmas
    Level Three
    Clear anything that shouldn't be where it is..maybe the Christmas tree if don!!!8217;t want to wait till 12th night - did this AND organised the Xmas storage chucking out odd bits and pieces no longer needed
    Look for the good in others and notice their strengths..

Extra Mission Tasks - as usual if you fancy tackling something else you could try one or more of these
    Check the useby dates on stuff in fridge, double check your fruit bowl !!!8211; do you need to get rid of anything furry or a funny colour?
    Wipe the bits next to the steps on the stairs, yours might be skirting board, edging of some sort, grab a cloth and give it a wipe

Quite pleased with myself now I've actually had a look at the list also done a load of washing and ran the dw. Dreading the massive pile of clean washing but see it's on the list for Wednesday
    Sealed pot challenge 2018 #016 = £24.35.75
    £1 a day challenge 2018 = £18/£365
    Jan 2018 Grocery Challenge = £48.72/£260
    Declutter one item a day 2018 70/365
    • lil_me
    • By lil_me 4th Jan 18, 3:49 AM
    • 13,090 Posts
    • 115,139 Thanks
    lil_me
    Didn!!!8217;t update as hectic day I was out by 8.30 to go sort his uncle, work all day, very productive there did some reorganising and clearing got some stuff eBay listed , for once OH listened and faced some issues, home at 7 shower and back out for the oldest sons 19th birthday meal out. Got home switched things about, mopped floor, sorted some rubbish and went to bed. It!!!8217;s now just past 3am and a child woke me then the dogs started bickering fgs!

Going to go to the loo. Bin some rubbish in the bathroom, clean the bath (cleaning up to clear my head) then try to go back to bed. I don!!!8217;t finish work until 8 tomorrow. Not sure how or when I!!!8217;m going to fit any of this in but can!!!8217;t have CHAOS for much longer

I!!!8217;ve decided while doing these extras I!!!8217;m going to get up earlier to set DW and washing machine away it!!!8217;s mainly the boys stuff for both

Edited again just after 4am not talking to myself - filled a recycling bag of empty or as near as from bathroom, along with DS2s toilet roll tube tower, cardboard and plastic off smellies sets etc from bathroom, cleaned toilet and bath. Put spray bleach on tiles as OHs oily back and bum marks appear to have graced it from his last 2 post work showers, I sure didn!!!8217;t miss that in the holidays. He!!!8217;s got horrific psoriasis too so everything he uses in the bathroom (5 bags from chemists of lotions and potions) is greasy and makes it slippy so I!!!8217;ve tried some soda crystals in there I!!!8217;ll rinse it when I get up. Must speak to him about some sort of post showsr cleaning routine but he!!!8217;s always so chewed with the whole skin thing and putting 2 types of cream on after washing with 2 step process, I might get more hostility. Pleased with my little self. Drank 1 litre of water too while I was up there definitely low on my fluids today
    Last edited by lil_me; 04-01-2018 at 4:12 AM.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC May : £400
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 4th Jan 18, 6:44 AM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 20,226 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all,

Up and at 'em this morning (well I will be after I've finished this cuppa!) as am working for 4 hours this morning. Kiddies being looked after by my grandma. I've packed a bag of toys and food for them, and my own lunch in a snack pot.

DH' work has gone bonkers so no doubt there will be admin to do for him when I return.

Will report back later, have lovely days all xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 4th Jan 18, 8:40 AM
    • 2,438 Posts
    • 36,200 Thanks
    ionafan
    Morning all.

Many Happy Returns of yesterday to lil_me's DS1

I'm sticking rigorously to the SW plan, and today we will eat up the last couple of leftovers from New Year's Eve. Thankfully, I'm feeling better than I've done over most of the past week, having caught up with some sleep - I put an extra pillow under my head to reduce pressure on my shoulder at night, which has helped a lot, as well as having extra zzz during the day as needed. However, when taking Rosie out yesterday evening I somehow managed to trip off the front step, landing very elegantly on my right hip on the path but with my head in the flowerbed Rosie was in no way to blame and lay there looking most surprised at this new method of exiting the house This morning I have a beautiful bruise on my hip. No great harm done, though - just a few more aches and pains to add to my collection - and the plants came off unscathed

Today's plan:
    - shower, dress, breakfast
    - write my 500-word assignment (deadline tomorrow), now that I've done some reading for it
    - take Rosie out between the showers
    - put away all the Christmas presents from under the tree
    - write thank-you notes
    - confirm booking for one barn dance band, cancel another that I had provisionally booked but is over budget
    - arrange planning meeting with friend

Housework can wait until the weekend, when the greenery comes down.
    Rooms are generally tidy.
    Washing is up to date.
    Today will be a no-spend day.

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, especially to dancemum, FBO, FFP, LW and anyone else in need today.
    Wannabe Slinky! Target 10 st 10 lb
    02/01/2018: 11 st 10.5 lb
    • Mumof2
    • By Mumof2 4th Jan 18, 9:00 AM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 40,601 Thanks
    Mumof2
    Ow Iona, glad you're OK hun but it's a shock to the system when we fall over isn't it - I normally cry due to the shock which is very embarrassing!!

Lil_me sounds like you're really busy with everything. J's uncle who I mentioned the other day is now saying he wants to go into a home and I think is a bit scared on his own so SIL looking at possibilities. Hate dementia.

Princess Money Penny you've done a lot from your lists! Nice to look back and see things look better isn't it.

Mrs Chaos sounds like you had a productive day too. I love getting rid of stuff but doesn't happen often enough for my liking.

Lynnejk great to come in £500 under budget; that's a real achievement

Kids in school, waiting to put WM on as J still asleep and I don't want to disturb him as washing basket in our room. Done 2 typing jobs already and got another to do and then really want to do some cleaning as already feel being due to not doing anything yesterday. Catch you later
    H2H challenge: 3hours 30 mins
    Flymarkeeteer: £120 and counting
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 4th Jan 18, 9:15 AM
    • 2,114 Posts
    • 30,793 Thanks
    dancemum
    Morning all X

Internet issue this morning sorted for now. The old turn it off and on a few times worked.

I left ds2 in bed as his brother has kept us awake coughing. He remembered we existed and asked to be collected as he was too poorly for the bus. Ds2 is now in a cross mood.

List
    Find funeral clothes and hope they fit. Check if the need a wash.
    Visit pharmacy to collect various relatives' meds.
    Ensure ds2 tries on shoes purchased yesterday to check fit.
    Pack school bags.
    Fill in forms
    Deliver some birthday cards

Sorry you fell IF hope you aren't too sore this morning x
    • MrsChaos
    • By MrsChaos 4th Jan 18, 9:52 AM
    • 2,061 Posts
    • 41,482 Thanks
    MrsChaos
    Monday - New Year's Day

Schedule time with DS2 and his calendar

Wipe/scrub sink
    double check your fruit bowl

HH tidy
    27 fling boogie time

Bath
    HHC in DS2's room
    Vacuum
    Binbag Dance
    phone dentist
    phone car place
    take little cat to vet's (she has a croaky voice)
    de-Christmas the house
    go out with OH for a bit
    meet friend
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 4th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    • 15,476 Posts
    • 197,763 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Morning all.
    Hugs to all that need them
    Birthday wishes to lil_me s DS1

Better go and make a start I suppose
    X
    SPC~11 No100 : : X4 O/t fund so far £2,300

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
    • MinnieMousesMummy
    • By MinnieMousesMummy 4th Jan 18, 10:27 AM
    • 1,287 Posts
    • 13,340 Thanks
    MinnieMousesMummy
    Good morning everyone, Hope everyone is having a good start to the year. I am just going to post my list and then get started.

Monday - New Year's Day

Wipe/scrub sink
    Move clutter so you can vacuum under it
    Vacuum and wipe (if needed) sofas
    Check the useby dates on stuff in fridge, double check your fruit bowl !!!8211; do you need to get rid of anything furry or a funny colour?

Check fire alarms are working
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Put all the ironing away that was done over the past few days.
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Check through undies drawers, anything more holy than the church which needs to go/be repaired? Anyone need anything replacing?

Paid stuff
    Work out finances for DH for January/February
    Sort through a box of toys/shelf/cupboard see if you can fit in some of the christmas stash
    Tidy a chest of drawers
    Vacuum, even if it means kicking all the mess into a corner heap!
    Dust all the light fittings
    Chase appointments/put off call and emails/catch up with a friend you have been putting off
    Check when appointments are due for dentist, opticians, smears etc.. Make notes in diaries/calendars
    £10 challenge 2017: Jan £387.76, Feb £82.21, March £254.10, April£0, May £674.30
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 4th Jan 18, 10:31 AM
    • 36,746 Posts
    • 473,018 Thanks
    pigpen
    ^v^v^v^v- HEADACHE-v^v^v^v^

It is drugged but I think I am hungry and tired.. clean though.. everything repacked ready for home.. Having a cuppa and seeing how the head goes .. my nose feels a bit funny though so it is probably the start of a migraine.. joy of joys!!

OH back at work at 4pm so I have bed time to do and a million other things..

Tasks for this week include..

Sort BG payment plan.. £700 of bills came in on the 26th and I just don't have it.
    Sort payment schedule for the month for other bills and stuff.. I have 2 credit cards and 2 catalogues I need to pay off.

I was awake at 5am so listed 10 items on ebeast.. it will shift!! I need £70 before Monday and then another £200 before next Friday... I may be kidding myself I can get it all but I will try my damnedest!

Are there any flyminions in the Stockport (Didsbury road-ish Pets at Home-ish) vicinity? or can be with 24 hours notice? I am looking for something specific and don't know the area at all bar the pubs and pet shop.. haha! I will clear a few inbox spaces as I am sure noone wants to spread their details everywhere. TIA xx

I might change my siggy strip.. I've not done it in ages... what can I put on there I wonder... fly-marketeers maybe... ooh.. and Slinkies.. I've lost 7lb in the 2 days we have been here.. I don't seem to be able to eat when we are here.. I don't want his mother cooking separate for me so I don't eat.. that simple.

Best go kick OH to bring bags down and load the car up.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    15/05/2018 £53528.71 (2.41% int.)
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 4th Jan 18, 11:45 AM
    • 6,153 Posts
    • 22,632 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Level One...
    The most important task first.. make time for yourself.. a haircut, manicure, or just a relaxing bath in peace! - Going to have a shower tonight
    Strip, wash and replace bedding - Kids did theirs at the weekend, all washed and dried, just needs putting away
    Level Two...
    Tidy a chest of drawers
    Vacuum, even if it means kicking all the mess into a corner heap! - Did at the weekend
    Level Three..
    Extras
    • Wash stinky pet beds/houses
    • Dust all the light fittings
    • Chase appointments/put off call and emails/catch up with a friend you have been putting off
    • Check when appointments are due for dentist, opticians, smears etc.. Make notes in diaries/calendars
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £6200.00 Cap 1: £395.80 BC: £6841.81
    AFD xxx LTW 6/16
    POAMAYC 2018 #041 PD £6288.87/£7000
    Savings for Christmas £191.84/£365
    20p Savers 2018 £2 Savers 2018 50p Savers 2018 SPC 11 2018 #003
    • Mumof2
    • By Mumof2 4th Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 40,601 Thanks
    Mumof2
    Done everything from the list and got rid of a whole black bag full of rubbish from S's room! Haven't touched Z's room as at 15 she is old enough to do it herself. Also done all my typing jobs so been productive
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 4th Jan 18, 1:31 PM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    Yay. An immediate bid at asking price on e-bay, and it’s a 7 day listing. That’s some of this months bills paid.

I know logically I am ‘working’ at home getting ready to move, setting up airBnb, and finding us somewhere to live, but I hate having to ask DH for money.

PIL decluttered (they came for tea on their way home from Winchester via Helensburgh to Aboyne) Got rid of some Of DH’s graduation photos that have been hanging around.

Next week I’m going to have to start ruthlessly Kondoing. DH won’t know what’s hit him.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 4th Jan 18, 5:54 PM
    • 635 Posts
    • 7,743 Thanks
    Fayolle
    A busy day, in a strange kind of way.

Today was my first day back at paid stuff (sorry, to all of you who have been back an age), and I managed a full 2 hours. Nearly anyway.

DD was shuffled off to school via the bus for her first day back. I whizzed around cleaning the cloakroom, and upstairs toilet, dashed off to work. Dashed back 30 minutes later when I realised that DH had forgotten to put our bins out. Again. He remembered to do the NDN's though. Dashed back to work (so lucky that job 2 is virtually opposite the house!), then it was off to pick up DD and take her to the city for her appointment. We got back about an hour ago, so the shower and basins are cleaned, dinner about to be cooked.

But I did manage to donate a bag full of good-as-new books to school library which I pulled from the loft when the Christmas boxes went back up. The first bag to leave the house this year

Oh and the fence has fallen down. Yes that is the same fence that the fencer was supposed to replace in August, but didn't show. Twice.

Iona - hope the bruising isn't too bad. But I love your sign off. I suppose that I could unearth the scales again and declare myself, but then I know that it is about 2 stone. Not sure if that sounds worse than 28lbs or not
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 4th Jan 18, 6:01 PM
    • 24,398 Posts
    • 96,603 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Did my tax return, only to be thwarted at the last hurdle by the system going down.

The IR owe me the grand sum of a tenner. And I owe them the grand sum of just under fifteen, so it seems so much fuss and nonsense over nowt, but if I cancel the registration, I won't be able to claim for proper boots and whatnots for work this year, not to mention the fact that the school is so strapped for cash, I wouldn't put it past them to make me redundant again, and, in any case, it's chronically undersubscribed, so closure wouldn't be a complete shock; already having SE registration would make getting something else easier if that happens - every other time the notion of redundancy has been tossed around has been in December and only admitted at the end of January; if it were to happen to me, adding the extra month on would mean I'd have to be there for their big shows to get a redundancy payment and then bog off once they don't need me as much

Considering I've been employed by them for over 4 years now, it seems ridiculous that for every one of them, I've never known if it's going to last - the end of each term has always had me wondering whether I'm going to find notice stuffed in my pigeonhole when I check it after everybody else has gone home.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 4th Jan 18, 6:30 PM
    • 4,571 Posts
    • 38,155 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Hi all

First day at both jobs today for a while. Understandably very tired now but need to do a little admin for DH before I can sit down. However I am dawdling about on here instead of getting on!

Err, flying. Well everyone is fed, the Chrismas decs have been corralled into a corner of the landing ready to box and go away. Kitchen floor has been swished and swiped, DW is on. House is bearable.

Right, paperwork.
    • Valli
    • By Valli 4th Jan 18, 6:35 PM
    • 20,481 Posts
    • 232,827 Thanks
    Valli
    am shattered. but before i went to work I had done a wm, td and a DW run.

I have also found the cause of the sinister whiff (used coffee pods in holder...yuk) and sorted that.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 4th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 10,578 Posts
    • 115,867 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Does decluttering £2.5K count as Flying?
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,539Posts Today

7,806Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin