PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Morning all
    Welcome to the new and returning flyladies
    Do has gone back to work today
    Spent Christmas and new year full of cold, one of my ears doesn't work can't decide if I've got tinatus or ear infection I get intermittent pain, constant buzzing and feel like someone's filled my ear drum with expanding foam. I fell down stairs the other night so have replaced the bruises from falling at school on last week of term with fresh ones. I think it was because my balance is off because of my ears.
    Dh has told me not to do much today, tbh I wasn't planning on it

Massive supporting hugs to those who need them.

I'm going to say I'll join in with the slinkies as I need to loose a coup,dog stone as well.
    I'll continue decluttering but it will mostly be via the local CS and by donating made goods to local good causes. I will minimise my woolstash this year! I currently have a crochet blanket on the go for a local group that support homeless

Right going to have a cuppa then take the Christmas cards down, I think I can manage that. X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Morning, all.

I've done my usual of my sleep patterns just getting sorted in the last week of term, only to have them go haywire the instant we break up. As a result, 3am came and went, as did 4am and 5am and, at 5.30am, I decided to stuff this for a game of soldiers and get back up.

Where I was bored. So, much against my better judgement (which was telling me to eat some food, drink tea and crawl back into my nice, warm bed), I got my stuff together and walked to the gym for the first time in forever. It was alright walking there in the dark, but it's turned into a right dull and desolate looking day. And I'm sure it's colder now than it was at 6.03am.

Had the Ladies' Gym Room to myself for an hour, then the pool between myself and one other person for an hour, the steam room and sauna to myself and only a couple of people came in as I was drying my now very fluffy hair.

Felt that being ill, then on meds, had affected me more than that, but I suppose I've been so busy at work in the period, I've not lost any strength in some muscles, increased in my legs and my heart rate just kept at a steady 145 max, as I wasn't about to overdo things.

Walked out via Messrs Waite & Rose, where I picked up some YS steak and a big pack of sushi, as it's superfresh on Tuesday mornings (I know when they get their delivery - late Monday night after the store closes).

Decluttered all the hideous face fuzz at the salon - first and only customer for a change - and then started walking the final 1/2 mile home.

Wow. That 1/2 mile was hard work - my little stumpy legs were wanting to just stop working.

It's the first time I've ever been at the gym at sparrowfart and the first time I've not eaten beforehand, I just had a small oat drink when I got up.

Fed splats, booted them out into the garden and put my swimming costume and towel in to rinse.

I've now had the sushi for breakfast, am about to inhale a large mug of strong tea, and, depending upon how my legs feel, I'll either continue with sorting out the last bits of the front room or, if they can still carry me - I'm going to bed.

I'll try and join in with the slinkiness, but I don't do scales. I'll stick to clothes fitting/not fitting and fitness/strength instead, as they are far more important to me than numbers, if that's alright.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    HAPPY NEW YEAR - I have literally only just sobered up lol!!! haven't been drunk for years .... pink gin wonderful stuff lol ... seriously back in world of living and having to rush out for nephews birthday - house is in ok form but washing up from yesterday still in sink and will have to wait now until tonight (oh the shame) roll on thursday when everyone is back at school/work and i can get flying xxxx
  • *staggers in*

Happy New Year flyfriends :hello: :beer::j
    who's idea was it to party last night, oh yes mine :cool:

I'm in if you'll have me, thanks to Natty and Valli for the threads and all you lovely flyers for your help and support xxxx

Seriously my scullery looks like a bomb hit it and smells like a stale brewery _pale_ I'm not even sure where to start. I'm sitting in the LR with a cuppa hoping that when I take my cup through it will all have magically disappeared and it will look as it did at the exact same time yesterday morning before anyone arrived.

As usual no New Year resolutions from me I only break them couple of days in :rotfl:

No putting it off any longer I'm going in......
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mrs MP - is it worth getting your GP to have a look? Ear infections are nasty.
    Jojo - I'm tired just reading this!

I've made a good start, but will post updated list later. Back at work for an INSET day on Friday, but plan to go in tomorrow for a few hours to get my classroom tidy. DS2 is not back until Monday - they didn't break up until 22nd.
  • Natty68 wrote: »

Tuesday ~ Kitchen and Living Room

Level One
    S&S Kitchen
    Empty out bins - DONE, Bin men come today
    Wipe/scrub sink
    Level Two
    Straighten up cushions/covers/displaced toys etc..
    Move clutter so you can vacuum under it - Did yesterday
    Vacuum and wipe (if needed) sofas - Did yesterday
    Dust any areas below eye level
    Find homes for new appliances/books that you may have received for Christmas
    Level Three
    Dust anything above eye level (if safe to do so)
    Clear anything that shouldn't be where it is..maybe the Christmas tree if don’t want to wait till 12th night :D
    Look for the good in others and notice their strengths..

Extra Mission Tasks - as usual if you fancy tackling something else you could try one or more of these
    • Check the useby dates on stuff in fridge, double check your fruit bowl – do you need to get rid of anything furry or a funny colour?
    • Wipe the bits next to the steps on the stairs, yours might be skirting board, edging of some sort, grab a cloth and give it a wipe

Washing machine on before work, will throw in TD once I get home.

Hope everyone's having a good day?

Pmo2
    x
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Jojo I hope you went back up to bed after all that activity - seriously impressed!

Purplemumof2 having a very productive day actually! We don't have a TD so I have to try to get the washing done early and then get it up on our wooden airer above the stairs.

MrsChaos my daughter is off today as inset training. Poor S was very upset as he had to go in .... but he'll get his revenge later in the year when they have different days. Times like this I'm glad I work from home as it must be very difficult otherwise.

Mrs-MP definitely go to GP to get ears checked out; horrid when they hurt.

Big news here is that Z is eventually out of bed - that girl sure can sleep! I've done a typing job, washed and hung up a load of washing, cleared clutter in here (living room) and vacuumed right through. List all ready for shopping after lunch then will pick up meds from pharmacy when I pick up S from school. Also ordered more drugs online and booked GP appointment. Already feeling more motivated so thank you guys xx
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As expected, the SW scales show that I have put on 5 lb this week :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I have changed my signature and resolve to update it weekly until I reach my new target.

WM x2 done or in, third load waiting.
    Guest bed tidied.
    Spare duvet put away.
    Lunch planned.
    A small amount of reading done - more needed.

GWS Dizzy - but please be kind to yourself and only do the minimum today: your body clearly needs rest. Sorry your friends' visit was a disappointment: sometimes people just grow apart, and we have to be thankful for what has been but then move on to what will be.

Mrs-mp, I echo the advice given by MrsChaos and Mumof2 that you should get yourself to a doctor asap - we don't want you falling downstairs again.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,760 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    So, we have two challenges.

Fly-Marketeers and Lose 2 stones.

Do we want to add them as challenges within this thread or have a separate, ongoing (ie not changing weekly) thread - say Flylady 2018 challenges Thread
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Being a bit dumb here, but what's a Fly-Marketeer?

Off to run some errands in town shortly.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport