Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    bubbs wrote: »
    Thats my sort of colours, they suit me well. I might pop in the shop and see if they have it and try it on, but its feet, what shoes to wear with it it, i don't do heels and have horrible feet:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Crocs :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    STS this week
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »
    That's a good idea, it might look OK on. What you wear with it would depend on the occasion. So either opaques or ordinary tights and ankle boots or ballet flats. I wear heels sometimes but only when I'm going in the car.

I had a JP for my lunch with a bit of savoury mince and pickled cabbage. The rest of the mince is in the freezer so ready meals situation is restored.
    Thanks will try and pop in but busier than ever this week as have 2 dogs to walk as well, so expecting a good loss:rotfl::rotfl:
    beanielou wrote: »
    bubbs~~dress is nice & good price.
    Free delivery & returns too.
    Or look on ebay for a Mudd and Water one :)
    Yes is a good price i will look beanie, thanks:D
    Bubbs i think that dress would look more flattering on the model with a belt or something

tough few days between being too busy/feeling poorly due to intense sinus pain and visiting my dad (who is certainly much ill-er than he is still letting on!

Hoping to balance it out in the next few days.

got an actifry yesterday - yay! so hit me with your top tips and recipes. those that use them for chips do you par-boil them first??
    I am not a belt person:o but could try i suppose now i have lost weight:rotfl:
    Hope you soon feel better , i feel your pain with sinus, hope your dad gets well soon x
    Actifry , no i just chuck them in spray with frylight and cook for 25 mins and if they need longer do for about another 10 mins
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    tweets wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    STS this week

Well done:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite

I would wear it with a pair of converse.

Comfort is everything to me, which means I am usually the last person dancing at the end of a night!
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Love the dress bubbs- I would wear it with a nice pair of flats.
    Have been in hibernation today- OH went to the rugby and I stayed at home in the warm!
    Today’s food:
    B: Sausages (1.5) Boiled eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, HEXB toast with spread (2) decaf coffee with HEXA
    L: Big bowl of raspberries, blueberries and Quark with 2 x Highlights (4) water, decaf coffee with HEXA
    T: SW veggie lasagne and salad. Decaf tea with HEXA, Curly Wurly (6)
    S: 3 Broghies with ham and gherkins (3) Hula Hoops pufts (3.5)
    Syns: 20
    Love to you all xxx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Really fancied some comfort food tonight and realised I could make a syn free Irish stew in my new instant pot. It was really nice and I ended up making loads so even after feeding the family I have at least 4 portions left over as emergency lunches or dinners if they all want something which would be too heavy in syns.

Up too late for breakfast so today was:

Lunch: steak, spring greens, few tbsp peppercorn sauce (not creamy) and a couple of chunky chips nicked from OH (5)
    Dinner: Irish stew with lots of carrots, onion and pearl barley

HEA cappuccino

I haven't had my HEB yet but plan to have a choc and fudge Alpen light with a cup of tea between now and bedtime.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    joedenise wrote: »
    Abbafan - get the slow cooker or pressure cooker out and cook up some hearty stews - great food for this miserable cold weather. Could always just do it in a saucepan or casserole dish in the oven if you don't have SC or PC.

Will definitely help lose those few pounds you need to get back to target range.

Denise

Hi Joedenise,

We have a slow cooker, but it hardly gets used.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Joedenise,

We have a slow cooker, but it hardly gets used.

I use mine for batch cooking my HM ready meals so Bolognaise, chilli and savoury mince and soup mainly. It's so much easier than having to watch and stir things on the hob.

We played well today despite wet, muddy conditions. Gin is called for. :D
  • bubbs
    I would wear it with a pair of converse.

Comfort is everything to me, which means I am usually the last person dancing at the end of a night!
    I am not planning on dancing:rotfl::rotfl:
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Love the dress bubbs- I would wear it with a nice pair of flats.
    Have been in hibernation today- OH went to the rugby and I stayed at home in the warm!
    Today’s food:
    B: Sausages (1.5) Boiled eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, HEXB toast with spread (2) decaf coffee with HEXA
    L: Big bowl of raspberries, blueberries and Quark with 2 x Highlights (4) water, decaf coffee with HEXA
    T: SW veggie lasagne and salad. Decaf tea with HEXA, Curly Wurly (6)
    S: 3 Broghies with ham and gherkins (3) Hula Hoops pufts (3.5)
    Syns: 20
    Love to you all xxx
    Thanks Mrs R :D
    It as been freezing and snowy and blurgh:rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure