Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    • 2,165Posts
    • 11,642Thanks
    kathrynha
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 31st Dec 17 at 4:01 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 27th February 2018
Page 27
    • lightbulb0811
    • By lightbulb0811 12th Jan 18, 8:50 AM
    • 75 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    lightbulb0811
    Well done on the loss Whiplashy, that's amazing!
    My plan for today is:
    B: Boiled Eggs and fruit
    L: Tuna & Quinoa Salad
    D: Not sure, but probably a salad in anticipation of tomorrow morning's weigh in (gulp).
    Body magic today will need to be housework tonight - the house is a complete mess!
    Have a good day everyone x
    Save £12k in 2018 #90 £3818.48.03/£6000
    Sealed pot challenge #10 £115.16/200
    Weight Loss 14.5/60 lb challenge
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Jan 18, 9:06 AM
    • 29,449 Posts
    • 425,966 Thanks
    tweets
    Whiplashy well done

I read that 3 times before the sieve brain kicked in and you had lost it not reporting the amount you wanted to lose

Good Morning
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • Lioness Twinkletoes
    • By Lioness Twinkletoes 12th Jan 18, 9:11 AM
    • 1,299 Posts
    • 4,633 Thanks
    Lioness Twinkletoes
    Nice one, Whiplashy. Impressive.

I was totally on plan yesterday but have a challenging weekend coming up. My daughter and her partner are visiting and we're off to the theatre and for a meal tomorrow. So my plan is to be syn free all day today and most of tomorrow so I can have a dessert. I've already decided to go for the sea bass at the restaurant.

I did a sneaky, cheeky weigh this morning, hoping for motivation, and I got in the form of another 2lb off. Not counting it till official weigh in on Monday though, but it's enough to keep me honest. Got the day off so food choices are a little easier.

Today's plan:

B - Baked oats with fruit (they are so tasty!)
    L - Omelette with salad or veg
    D - Roast chicken. I am planning on cooking my potatoes separate from those cooked in duck fat and I'll fill up on veg
    S - Fruit

I am also making a real effort to drink more water.

Have a good Friday everyone.
    • XSpender
    • By XSpender 12th Jan 18, 10:40 AM
    • 2,974 Posts
    • 30,694 Thanks
    XSpender
    Wow that' an amazing loss Whiplashy, well done.

I ate better yesterday but still slipped over my syns with the last few pieces of fudge after dinner I had misread the syns value of the Spanish rice and it was actually 2.5 syns not 5 but I still had too many syns overall. This was my issue when I went to SW last year, I am great with the meals but the syns get me every time. I still lost most weeks but could have lost more.

Today's plan:

B - Porridge (HEB), raspberries, FF Greek yogurt, 1/2 tsp sweetener
    L - LO Chicken and Chorizo Spanish Rice (2.5syns)
    D - Grilled pork steak, dauphinoise potatoes (12.5 syns - it needs eating up but having a smaller portion than I usually would), green beans and carrots
    Snacks - Cheese (HEA) cucumber, carrot, beetroot, apple, melon, muller lite, banana

I'm off to Aldi/Asda later to do the weekly shop and have planned more speed fruits and veg.
    Action Plan Part 1 - Clear First 3 Balances
    Target Debt Lloyds (Me) Part 1 £666.22/£0
    Target Debt Virgin (Me) Part 1 £1176.49/£0
    Target Debt Virgin (Me) Part 2 £1038/£970
    Big black hole of debt - £53,515.15 @ 16.12.17 £52,811.64 @ 28.02.18, £50,638.77 @ 28.03.18, £49,778.78 @ 20.04.18, £46,093.32 @ 18.05.18, £47,401.24 @ 21.06.18
    • BarleySugar
    • By BarleySugar 12th Jan 18, 10:43 AM
    • 420 Posts
    • 8,689 Thanks
    BarleySugar
    Hi everyone,

Some great losses being reported. -1 for me. I'm happy with that.
    • Caterina
    • By Caterina 12th Jan 18, 11:26 AM
    • 5,753 Posts
    • 39,774 Thanks
    Caterina
    - 4 1/2 please! And my first stone certificate!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 12th Jan 18, 11:39 AM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 18,484 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    morning all;
    breakfast: heb cereal with milk from hea
    mid morning: aldi skyr yogurt (1)
    lunch: aldi veggie sushi (2.5)
    tea: currently no idea. need to feed me and littlie...potentially something and chips for her and a baked potato and chicken with salad or a bowl of salad and some chicken, sweetcorn and noodle soup for me. we need to go to the shop and pick up ham and bread.
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 12th Jan 18, 12:15 PM
    • 4,210 Posts
    • 77,485 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Well done to all of the losers, another brilliant week

-2 for me - just 5lb to go for my interim target, it's starting to feel achievable
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • Matron Midge
    • By Matron Midge 12th Jan 18, 12:27 PM
    • 476 Posts
    • 4,103 Thanks
    Matron Midge
    Hi everyone and Flippin' 'ek Whiplashy, that is A-ma-zing!!! What an inspiration!
    I've been to class this morning (another 5 newbies so it was packed) and managed to shift -1/2LB. not brilliant but......
    I've shopped and prepped for this week and my plan today is :-
    He a milk
    He b ww wrap
    B banana
    L sw chips and eggs with beetroot
    D sw veggie burger, (served sliced up in the wrap) with salad
    Snacks/syns easy peelers, hifi bar (3) 2 tins of ready mixed G&T (8)
    Hope you all have a good day.
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Jan 18, 12:33 PM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    Four good losses this morning. Well done caterina, chris, midge and barleysugar!

Excuse me being my usual nosey self lush but why don't you and littlie have the same evening meal? Are you using bits up? I find it so much easier just cooking one evening meal. How did choir go?

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, HEA milk, fried egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, ham
    L: smoked salmon (scraps) salad
    D: salmon, new potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms
    Syns: weekend wine
    • Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 12th Jan 18, 1:08 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 1,680 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    Thanks everyone Great to see more losses coming in this morning. Well done

I'm on a lot of weight loss groups on facebook, and pretty much all of them have been posting that blueberries are now a speed I've sent a message to my consultant to confirm. I'll be raging if it's true. I did my shopping last night in Aldi and blueberries were in the super 6. I didn't get them because they're not speed I have checked the sw app and it's still listing them as free. Hopefully they have changed though.
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs Week 4
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Jan 18, 2:37 PM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    I can't find anything official about blueberries changing to Speed whiplashy so until something appears on the website I'm going to assume they're just free and healthy like other fruits not on the list.

I did notice a mythbusting FAQs section on the website which is really good. It's really useful to have sensible reasons rather than the magic and mystery that many consultants seem to use. Probably because they don't know the answer!

How are you today kathrynha ? I've been thinking about you.
    • Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 12th Jan 18, 3:42 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 1,680 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    Just had it confirmed by my consultant. Blueberries are now speed
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 12th Jan 18, 4:30 PM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 18,484 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    Excuse me being my usual nosey self lush but why don't you and littlie have the same evening meal? Are you using bits up? I find it so much easier just cooking one evening meal. How did choir go?
    Originally posted by maman
    choir was fab, definitely going back

it's usually when there's leftovers in the fridge she doesn't like and/or things in the freezer to use. today will be because she will be exhausted and needs something super quick where as I have the luxury of time she's not a huge salad fan (just cucumbers) or soup fan as yet so sometimes the option is just a security blanket

Just had it confirmed by my consultant. Blueberries are now speed
    Originally posted by Whiplashy

I saw this on facebook earlier I don't eat tons but it does make me happy to see them reacting rather than just saying they do keep up to date etc
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • Caterina
    • By Caterina 12th Jan 18, 6:53 PM
    • 5,753 Posts
    • 39,774 Thanks
    Caterina

I'm on a lot of weight loss groups on facebook, and pretty much all of them have been posting that blueberries are now a speed I've sent a message to my consultant to confirm. I'll be raging if it's true. I did my shopping last night in Aldi and blueberries were in the super 6. I didn't get them because they're not speed I have checked the sw app and it's still listing them as free. Hopefully they have changed though.
    Ah, I was in Aldi earlier on and could not see them in the super 6. Maybe it varies depending on location.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
    • Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 12th Jan 18, 7:35 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 1,680 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    Ah, I was in Aldi earlier on and could not see them in the super 6. Maybe it varies depending on location.
    Originally posted by Caterina
    I'm in Ireland. There must be a difference in the super 6 between here and the UK.
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 12th Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    • 2,162 Posts
    • 15,633 Thanks
    greentiger
    Good losses, bubbs, Caterina (fabby for certificate too), Chrisv, Midge and BarleySugar. Whiplashy, that is absolutely astounding; I!!!8217;m all of a flutter just reading that number!

Decent day today.
    Breakfast: banana
    Lunch: hexb sandwich with roast chicken breast and red pesto mayo(2 ½ )
    Snack: shortbread finger (5)
    Dinner: mince (guessing 2 !!!8211; DH made it and he always uses a little butter) and tatties (2 !!!8211; DH again!), carrots and peas
    Snack: small slice toast (3) and hexa cheese and apple
    Stashbusting 74
    Reading Challenge 18/26
    Film Challenge 13/26[COLOR="Blue"]
    Weight Loss 1 2.2/9
    Weight Loss 2 3.0/9
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Jan 18, 7:40 PM
    • 52,097 Posts
    • 622,547 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi everyone,

Some great losses being reported. -1 for me. I'm happy with that.
    Originally posted by BarleySugar
    Well done BS

Well done Caterina
    Well done to all of the losers, another brilliant week

-2 for me - just 5lb to go for my interim target, it's starting to feel achievable
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Well done Chris how much do you want to lose altogether? I am sure you will do it as you are focused
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Jan 18, 7:43 PM
    • 52,097 Posts
    • 622,547 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi everyone and Flippin' 'ek Whiplashy, that is A-ma-zing!!! What an inspiration!
    I've been to class this morning (another 5 newbies so it was packed) and managed to shift -1/2LB. not brilliant but......
    I've shopped and prepped for this week and my plan today is :-
    He a milk
    He b ww wrap
    B banana
    L sw chips and eggs with beetroot
    D sw veggie burger, (served sliced up in the wrap) with salad
    Snacks/syns easy peelers, hifi bar (3) 2 tins of ready mixed G&T (8)
    Hope you all have a good day.
    Originally posted by Matron Midge
    Well done a loss is a loss

Yes they are speed, i dont like them
    Good losses, bubbs, Caterina (fabby for certificate too), Chrisv, Midge and BarleySugar. Whiplashy, that is absolutely astounding; I’m all of a flutter just reading that number!

Decent day today.
    Breakfast: banana
    Lunch: hexb sandwich with roast chicken breast and red pesto mayo(2 ½ )
    Snack: shortbread finger (5)
    Dinner: mince (guessing 2 – DH made it and he always uses a little butter) and tatties (2 – DH again!), carrots and peas
    Snack: small slice toast (3) and hexa cheese and apple
    Originally posted by greentiger
    Thankyou x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Jan 18, 8:08 PM
    • 55,063 Posts
    • 220,040 Thanks
    beanielou
    GReat result
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

284Posts Today

3,525Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin