Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    • 2,162Posts
    • 11,640Thanks
    kathrynha
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 31st Dec 17 at 4:01 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 27th February 2018
Page 26
    • lightbulb0811
    • By lightbulb0811 11th Jan 18, 12:52 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    lightbulb0811
    Hello everyone,
    Plan for today is:
    B: Bran flakes, fruit and muller light
    L: Tuna pasta salad
    D: Forgot to take anything out of the freezer so it will be a SW frozen ready meal.
    Fruit for snacks and a Step class tonight, not sure of syns yet (none so far :-) )
    Have a good day x
    Save £12k in 2018 #90 £3818.48.03/£6000
    Sealed pot challenge #10 £115.16/200
    Weight Loss 14.5/60 lb challenge
    • Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 11th Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 1,680 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    Hi everyone. I forgot just how fast this thread moves! Couldn't sleep last night and caught up on the thread at about 3am Wrote a big long essay and for some reason lost it The important bits though: Congrats to the losers Big hugs to those struggling with both weight loss and personal issues. And great news about the operation Kathrynha.

I've had a pretty much perfect week on plan. Did 3 days SP. Have been drinking my 2 litres of water a day. Only used about half my syns, and used them on food rather than junk. I'm sure that won't last though I felt like I needed to get the junk food out of my system after WAY over indulging over Christmas. The only thing I've slacked on is my HEA. I got some brie when I was shopping as I thought that would be a nice change. Then discovered it's not an A choice I've been syning it, and then don't feel like having other cheese, and I would never get through 250ml of milk in a day since I've not been having porridge.

Weigh in tonight, and I don't want to jinx it, but I feel smaller. Hoping for a nice big first week loss to keep me focused. Wouldn't mind getting my half stone award either....
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 11th Jan 18, 6:40 PM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 18,484 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    head mostly in the game today:
    breakfast: aldi strawberry skyr (1syn) and melon
    lunch: homemade cauli and carrot soup
    tea: heb cereal with milk from hea
    syns: go ahead pretzel bites (4.5) 4 x quality street (8)

really like the aldi skyr - not tried any other flavours yet but so filling and yummy!

off out to that choir open rehearsal soon to see how/if i like it!
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 11th Jan 18, 7:19 PM
    • 2,158 Posts
    • 15,604 Thanks
    greentiger
    Hello, Ish67, pleased to meet you.

Hugs, Kathryn. Hope you feel better soon.

Oh, ginger, what a nerve wracking wait you’ll have until your passport arrives!

Hope you enjoyed your choir rehearsal, lush.

It’s been a good day chez greentiger!
    Breakfast: scrambled eggs, herbs, smoked salmon, mushrooms, tomatoes, hexb toast with 6g butter (yes, I weighed the toast before and after I scraped the butter on – 2 syns)
    Lunch: baked sweet potato, tuna mayo (1), cherry tomatoes, syboes, banana
    Dinner: stir fried garlic beef (6.5 – ), noodles, Milbona Greek Style fat free lemon yogurt
    Snack: hexa cheese & grapes

Well, after writing that down and checking the syns, it turns out it wasn’t as good a day as I’d believed. Who’d have thought that ½ tablespoon of sesame seeds would be so synful (2.5 of my stir fry’s total !!!9785;).
    Stashbusting 74
    Reading Challenge 18/26
    Film Challenge 13/26[COLOR="Blue"]
    Weight Loss 1 2.2/9
    Weight Loss 2 3.0/9
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 11th Jan 18, 7:55 PM
    • 7,752 Posts
    • 27,687 Thanks
    Nicki
    I had a nom nom day today.

Brunch: kipper kedgeree (4 syns)
    Dinner: lamb shank, mashed potato, green beans, carrots (5 syns)

HEB Alpen Light
    HEA Milk
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jan 18, 7:55 PM
    • 52,016 Posts
    • 622,105 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all ;d
    Not caught up, just reporting a 1 1/2lb loss
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3 lb
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Jan 18, 7:59 PM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    Oh gfb , that's a dreadful tale! Do let us know when the passport arrives.

Hope you feel better soon kathrynha and that you really enjoy your choir lush .

I think that (along with planning) having at least a third of Speed food every day is the key to success with SW. Personally I'd have more veg than fruit but I think SW recognised that when they revamped the lists.

There wasn't a brilliant selection on the lunch menu. I had Hunter's chicken with salad and a jp AND I stuck to drinking water. I'm allowing a generous 10 syns for the BBQ sauce, cheese and salad dressing. I've got berries and yogurt to snack on later if I'm hungry.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jan 18, 8:04 PM
    • 52,016 Posts
    • 622,105 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi my lovlies, first time posting on here. I’d love to join please. My problem is I don’t eat hardly anything during the day but still can’t shed the weight. Have been told it’s coz I’m not eating !!!128561;. I don’t eat breakfast which apparently is the biggest mistake. My first intake of food is around midday, which is usually a slice of toast & a tea with no sugar followed by my dinner @ around 6.15pm. Occasionally a cuppa & one biscuit @ about 8pm. HELP ..!!!! !!!128591;!!!127997;
    Originally posted by Ish67
    Welcome, yes you def need to eat more
    Ginger, hope you get your passport x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Jan 18, 8:49 PM
    • 54,919 Posts
    • 219,281 Thanks
    beanielou
    REporting a STS.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 11th Jan 18, 8:58 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 1,680 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    Back from group and I've decided the scales is broken Nevertheless I'm going to report my loss as -10 lb please kathrynha Which is just absolutely ridiculous I'll be amazed if there's any loss next week after that. Going to have a bakewell tart to celebrate which is tiny and 10 syns but it's within my syns. Last time I joined SW I lost 5.5 the first week so was hoping I'd eek it out to 7 this time. I must have been retaining a lot of fluid after Xmas. The mad thing is there was another girl who lost 1.5 more than me My consultant was thrilled with herself
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Jan 18, 8:59 PM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 193,838 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Food diary

Breakfast/lunch
    Banana
    Carrots
    ham

Team
    Spag bog
    Apple/pear chopped with FF yoghurt

I am stuffed.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Jan 18, 9:00 PM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 193,838 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Back from group and I've decided the scales is broken Nevertheless I'm going to report my loss as -10 lb please kathrynha Which is just absolutely ridiculous I'll be amazed if there's any loss next week after that. Going to have a bakewell tart to celebrate which is tiny and 10 syns but it's within my syns. Last time I joined SW I lost 5.5 the first week so was hoping I'd eek it out to 7 this time. I must have been retaining a lot of fluid after Xmas. The mad thing is there was another girl who lost 1.5 more than me My consultant was thrilled with herself
    Originally posted by Whiplashy
    Well done

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Jan 18, 9:03 PM
    • 54,919 Posts
    • 219,281 Thanks
    beanielou
    Blimey, Whiplashy
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Jan 18, 9:08 PM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    OMG!whiplashy
    I thought you'd posted your target for the whole challenge! That's amazing! Well done you!
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 11th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 7,752 Posts
    • 27,687 Thanks
    Nicki
    That's amazing whiplashy. A real boost for the start of things to come. Well done
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jan 18, 9:34 PM
    • 52,016 Posts
    • 622,105 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well done, i lost 9 1/2 lb 1st week and thought that was bloody marvellous
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • ruby_eskimo
    • By ruby_eskimo 11th Jan 18, 9:54 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 12,554 Thanks
    ruby_eskimo
    Well done whiplashy, that's an amazing loss!

Just got back from my first physiotherapy session (had a car accident the week before Christmas) and one of the goals she set me was to get back to the gym! So I have no excuse really!

Today's food:

B - Porridge (HEB & 2 syns), pear
    L - Lentil soup (lentils, onion, carrot, spinach)
    D - SW Veggie Lasagna with added cheese (HEA), roasted courgette
    S - Christmas truffle (5 syns)
    Emergency Fund - £0 / £5,000 :: Decluttering - 0 / 1095
    Sealed Pot 2018 #24 :: VSP #29 - £0:: NSD 2018 - 6 / 200 Weight Loss: 44.6 / 58lbs January GC - £109/ £200
    Engaged 9th December 2010 Married 29th October 2015
    • esmy
    • By esmy 11th Jan 18, 9:54 PM
    • 1,046 Posts
    • 4,076 Thanks
    esmy
    Wow Whiplashy! I think its taken me about 4 months to lose that! Well done.
    • Moneysaverme
    • By Moneysaverme 11th Jan 18, 10:42 PM
    • 274 Posts
    • 2,232 Thanks
    Moneysaverme
    Wow WHIPLASHY, I’m flabbergasted at that huge loss!! Well done no wonder you felt smaller! Keep up the good work because if that’s not enough to give you momentum, I don’t know what is!

I’ve just had quite a few Terry’s mini chocolate orange segments. They are one syn each and I’m well within my syns today. One more day til my WI, I’ll aim to be super on plan tomorrow.

Food will be...

Breakfast - yoghurt with berries, honey and some heB all bran
    Lunch - leftover SW veggie soup with one slice heB bread
    Dinner - SW baked bean lasagne with salad greens

Syns - 2 for the honey
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 47 lbs
    • Caterina
    • By Caterina 11th Jan 18, 10:58 PM
    • 5,753 Posts
    • 39,774 Thanks
    Caterina
    Good evening.

Hope you feel better soon Kathryn.

WOW Whiplashy that's an amazing loss, well done!

Tomorrow I hope to go for a late WI in a different group, if I feel well enough, don't want to go all sneeze and stuffynosed and spread my germs!

Will report back after WI, if it happens it will be the last for a few weeks.

Please if any of you go to group, can you let me know when the special offer of countdown with free book returns? Is it for 12 weeks only or 6 weeks too? Thank you.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

217Posts Today

2,363Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin