Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    • 2,163Posts
    • 11,641Thanks
    kathrynha
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 31st Dec 17 at 4:01 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 27th February 2018
Page 21
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Jan 18, 8:26 PM
    • 2,163 Posts
    • 11,641 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Been a long day for me today, but pretty good outcome.

Tumour has shrunk enough, and now have an operation date in just over 2 weeks. Operation sounds very scary, but it's what needed. Sounds like it will be a long recovery time though.

So good news but a rather tough time to get through, but there is def a light at the end of the tunnel.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Jan 18, 8:31 PM
    • 52,029 Posts
    • 622,179 Thanks
    bubbs

Tumour has shrunk enough, and now have an operation date in just over 2 weeks. Operation sounds very scary, but it's what needed. Sounds like it will be a long recovery time though.

So good news but a rather tough time to get through, but there is def a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    Oh Kathryn, so pleased it has shrunk enough We will all be rooting for you, longs you don't try and over do it after the op!
    Do not try to run before you can walk, wishing you well xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3 lb
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 8th Jan 18, 8:34 PM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 15,607 Thanks
    greentiger
    Oh, Kathryn, what a horrid weekend! I hope when I read on, I hope I’ll discover you’ve had good news. Thanks for the chart. Just found your update. That’s great. Now you definitely must stay away from all those nasty bugs.

Well done, Lioness, gingerfurball, dawyldthing, Catty, ilovetea (BRILL!) Mrs_R (FAB!) and Nicki (WOW!).

Happy to see you back, candyapple.

Good luck, TG; I hope you don’t have to bounce too much before Top Baby puts in her appearance.

ginger, at least now you know that MIL had a stroke, you can start planning how her needs can be met. We had the same issues with DH’s sister some years back.

Well, I am a happy bunny – I had a 3lb loss today, woohoo. Thanks for sitting on my shoulder last Friday, maman and beanie. Can you come with me on Wednesday, please. I couldn’t find a menu (maybe just as well after last time), so I’ll need a lot of restraints support.

Today was ok again.

Breakfast: hexb toast, light Philly, beans with red onion mixed through (2 ½ )
    Lunch: AH spice sensation couscous (2), pomegranate, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chopped chicken, ff Greek yogurt, banana
    Snack: shortbread finger (5)
    Dinner: grilled salmon fillet, runner beans, beetroot, baby new potatoes, Hartleys 10 blueberry & blackcurrant jelly ( ½ ), clementine
    Snack: hexa cheese & grapes
    Stashbusting 74
    Reading Challenge 18/26
    Film Challenge 13/26[COLOR="Blue"]
    Weight Loss 1 2.2/9
    Weight Loss 2 3.0/9
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 8th Jan 18, 8:40 PM
    • 16,093 Posts
    • 193,848 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    OMG what wonderful losses, you skinny minnies.

Good luck Topgirl.... just think of all the calories you will burn and you will have a lovely little baby at the end - double bonus!

I had the SW curry sauce for tea - it was vile. Never again.
    • candyapple
    • By candyapple 8th Jan 18, 8:44 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 4,208 Thanks
    candyapple
    Good to see you posting again candy. You could easily be half a stone lighter by your night out if you start NOW!
    Originally posted by maman
    Thank you. Starting properly from tomorrow I'll be happier with inches lost if not lbs but maybe a bit of both

Welcome back. Do you have a target for the next 8 weeks so I can add you to the spreadsheet?

I'll go for 1 lb per week as I think that will be do-able so 8 lbs in total please

New scales bought tonight so I weighed myself and yep its a bigger number than I would have liked to see on there but hopefully that will be the biggest number I will ever see on there.

All the best Top Girl I hope your little one has a speedy arrival!

• kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Jan 18, 8:46 PM
    • 2,163 Posts
    • 11,641 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Oh Kathryn, so pleased it has shrunk enough We will all be rooting for you, longs you don't try and over do it after the op!
    Do not try to run before you can walk, wishing you well xx
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Me over do it? Never
    Oh, Kathryn, what a horrid weekend! I hope when I read on, I hope I’ll discover you’ve had good news. Thanks for the chart. Just found your update. That’s great. Now you definitely must stay away from all those nasty bugs.

Well, I am a happy bunny – I had a 3lb loss today, woohoo.
    Originally posted by greentiger
    Well done on the loss.

Trying to stay away from germs. Feeling a bit fluey this evening but it's pretty normal after the contrast they use for the scan so fingers crossed it's all it is
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 8th Jan 18, 8:48 PM
    • 2,920 Posts
    • 2,905 Thanks
    dawyldthing

Arr brilliant news we'll be with you along the way, just glad they're getting you sorted
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 11 st 7lbs then treat to a safari. At start 17 stone 7 lbs: *61lbs lost* *30lbs to go*
    1st started SW16st13lbs tues11/7/17 - 38 weeks -53lbs
    2nd sw 14 st 12lbs Fri15/6/18 -> 0 weeks -0lbs
    2) to find new challenges
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Jan 18, 8:50 PM
    • 2,163 Posts
    • 11,641 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Good luck Topgirl.... just think of all the calories you will burn and you will have a lovely little baby at the end - double bonus!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Never viewed labour as body magic before

I'll go for 1 lb per week as I think that will be do-able so 8 lbs in total please
    Originally posted by candyapple
    That's a very achievable target
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Jan 18, 8:51 PM
    • 52,029 Posts
    • 622,179 Thanks
    bubbs
    OMG what wonderful losses, you skinny minnies.

I had the SW curry sauce for tea - it was vile. Never again.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I like it add, garlic , onions and mushrooms and chicken
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3 lb
    • ruby_eskimo
    • By ruby_eskimo 8th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 12,554 Thanks
    ruby_eskimo
    Evening everyone, weighed in this morning to a 5lb loss! Was rather taken aback to be honest but I'm running with it and staying motivated for the rest of the week.

Today:

B - Porridge (HEB and HEA), pear, cinnamon
    L - LO Turkey risotto (onion, courgette, mushrooms, turkey, rice, stock)
    D - Beef Goulash, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas
    S - Christmas chocolate (5 syns), cup of tea (1 syn)
    Emergency Fund - £0 / £5,000 :: Decluttering - 0 / 1095
    Sealed Pot 2018 #24 :: VSP #29 - £0:: NSD 2018 - 6 / 200 Weight Loss: 44.6 / 58lbs January GC - £109/ £200
    Engaged 9th December 2010 Married 29th October 2015
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Jan 18, 8:56 PM
    • 2,163 Posts
    • 11,641 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Evening everyone, weighed in this morning to a 5lb loss! Was rather taken aback to be honest but I'm running with it and staying motivated for the rest of the week.

)
    Originally posted by ruby_eskimo
    Amazing loss. Well done
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Jan 18, 9:15 PM
    • 54,970 Posts
    • 219,419 Thanks
    beanielou

Good news for you.
    Take care of you xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Jan 18, 9:16 PM
    • 54,970 Posts
    • 219,419 Thanks
    beanielou

Today:

B - Porridge (HEB and HEA), pear, cinnamon
    L - LO Turkey risotto (onion, courgette, mushrooms, turkey, rice, stock)
    D - Beef Goulash, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas
    S - Christmas chocolate (5 syns), cup of tea (1 syn)
    Excellent loss Ruby E
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 8th Jan 18, 9:16 PM
    • 16,093 Posts
    • 193,848 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

What wonderful news. Whilst an operation sounds scary to you, the surgeons are experts, you will be in great hands. The most important thing for you to do is to take your time recovering i.e. be a patient!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 8th Jan 18, 9:19 PM
    • 16,093 Posts
    • 193,848 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I like it add, garlic , onions and mushrooms and chicken
    Originally posted by bubbs
    OH cooked it with loads of onions and chicken, but it was

I had been using tin of chopped toms and tikka and masal powder....which is ok but in contrast it is fabulous.

Does anyone have a picture of the lamb rogan josh from Aldi? I think I will try that one.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 8th Jan 18, 9:21 PM
    • 16,093 Posts
    • 193,848 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

Fabulous loss x

• jayII
    • By jayII 8th Jan 18, 9:27 PM
    • 38,158 Posts
    • 107,075 Thanks
    jayII
    Great loss Ruby Eskimo!

Kathryn, that's truly fabulous news!

My plan/menu today was:

B: Porridge and raisins (HEB and 2)
    L: bean salad, ff yogurt and fruit
    D: carrot and lentil soup with slow cooker gammon
    S: HEA milk in drinks
    Fighting the biggest battle of my life. Started 30th January 2018.
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 8th Jan 18, 9:41 PM
    • 3,705 Posts
    • 9,178 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Kathrynha so pleased that you!!!8217;ve had good news.

Would echo what everyone else has said about listening & acting on the advice you!!!8217;re given re recovery.

As I said to someone in my class whose husband is ill - the only advice I!!!8217;d give is if help is offered accept it - people can!!!8217;t help you medically but they can help you practically
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • VALM
    • By VALM 8th Jan 18, 10:03 PM
    • 4,177 Posts
    • 37,890 Thanks
    VALM
    WI tonight and I have a [COLOR="Red"]-2.5lb loss. So that's my Xmas gain vanquished xx
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 8th Jan 18, 10:08 PM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 15,607 Thanks
    greentiger
    Great losses, VALM and ruby (Superb)!
    Stashbusting 74
    Reading Challenge 18/26
    Film Challenge 13/26[COLOR="Blue"]
    Weight Loss 1 2.2/9
    Weight Loss 2 3.0/9
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

93Posts Today

1,457Users online

Martin's Twitter