Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »

No diaries/notebooks in the Card Factory locally poohsticks.
    I'll have to try the bigger one in town or somewhere else. I'm still starting my diary properly tomorrow though.

None in my local either but got a decent page a day diary from £land.
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »

I'm small, weigh 8.5 stone (but am quite muscly as I've almost always done lots of exercise), size 12-14 top and 10-12 bottom.
    I'll be restarting my exercise routine next Monday.

Sizes and weights are really funny aren't they. I'm quite tall (5'6") and if I was 8.5 stone I'd be a size 8 or even smaller. Last time I was really slim I was 9.5 stone and was a 10 on top and an 8/10 on bottom.

At the moment I'm 12 stone 13 (aargh!) and I'm a 12/14 all over though am hoping if I am good for a few weeks that I can retire all the 14s.
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    Today's food

Breakfast: porridge and banana (HEA HEB)
    Lunch: salmon, roast veg, Diet Coke (3 syns)
    Dinner: steak, salad, corn on cob, green beans, oven chips (6 syns)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all:D
    Welcome to the newbies :D
    Wish i had more boobs, can you well endowed ones send some this way, bought new bra's today, yet to try on but a b cup and they look too big:eek:
    I have never worn a bikini and doubt i ever will:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    edited 3 January 2018 at 10:06PM
    Options
    100_8136_1.jpg

Tea tonight and costings for people, was approx £1.50 and that was mainly the meat
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    100_8136_1.jpg

Tea tonight and costings for people, was approx £1.50 and that was mainly the meat

What's the meat that's hiding under all the veg bubbs?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Update on the SW veggie lasagne. Really enjoyed it! Loads of veg, tasted savoury rather than spicy and would be super yum if you had a Hea or syns left for cheese on top. I think it could serve 2 people for lunch with salad or a single serving for a main meal. I ate it all and am bursting full now.
    I will definitely buy it again!
    The best ready meal I've had from SW.
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all. Plan today was

B: porridge and raisins (2syns + HEA)
    L: mugshot and fruit (1syn)
    D: veg and baked potato with coronation chicken and quark (1.5syns)
    Milk in drinks: HEB
    S: 3 scottie shortbreads (9syns)

Unfortunately I didn't have time to eat lunch at work, so I snacked on chocolates and crackers at work whilst rushing between appointments. No idea how many syns, but I've prepped my quick-to-eat salad and fruit salad and yogurt for tomorrow, so it should be a better day. (I've been known to resort to (home made) veg-with-a-little-fruit smoothies for lunch when works gets even busier, as they're super quick to eat, very low cal and nutritious and very filling. I will see how it goes. :o :rotfl:)

Bubbs, I'm amazed at how little you spend on food, I'm happy if I spend under £300 for 2 of us! I'm still working my way through the elite thread, so that might help in time. :)

My consultant is really lovely. She's very warm, chatty and I find her really helpful and inspiring. She's a bit bossy at times, but she does it in such a caring way that I don't mind at all. :) :T

Matron, thanks for the heads up about the veg lasagne. I've tried a few of SW the meals but found them black-peppery rather than having any depth of flavour in the spices, if that makes sense. I'll get some of the lasagne to try the next time I'm near an Iceland.
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • bubbs
    Options
    Jay if you have any questions about the elite just ask , tomorrow will be a bit more expensive as getting steak, but saying that might "buy"it with an apg x
    I forgot to say my consultant is lively, funny and always struggling with her weight (like us) she is a target member, gets weighed every Tues and tells all her groups how she has done :D
    She involves the group alot too
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Jay if you have any questions about the elite just ask , tomorrow will be a bit more expensive as getting steak, but saying that might "buy"it with an apg x
    I forgot to say my consultant is lively, funny and always struggling with her weight (like us) she is a target member, gets weighed every Tues and tells all her groups how she has done :D
    She involves the group alot too

Thanks Bubbs, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions once I've read through the thread and got my head around it a bit. So far a lot of the recent Elite shopping lists seem to include lots of non-SW friendly foods, but that's probably just post-Christmas sales! Means those lists are no use for me for copying though. I'll keep reading for now. :D
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family