Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,874
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So what are your consultants like,people?

Ours is lovely - she's very motivational and down to earth - she also struggles with keeping at target - but that seems to be a theme! But she never lets it get out of hand and is very honest. She has lost 6 stone.

There is a good social group - my daughter and I have helped out a few times - we always stay to group now as we sort of feel that the people who stay are friends now - or we're getting to be friends. When we went to group after Christmas (and got the new wee booklet) she gave us a big hug when we were leaving.

Our consultant is really nice , although she has a habit of being scatty!

She is pregnant and due in March I think - I know she's only planning on taking about 3 weeks off when the baby is born, but I don't know if that will work.

I am on the social team (weighing) and you get to meet all sorts of people. Some are quite chatty but others not so much.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,480
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    gingerfurball as it's an area where it gets quite sweaty it could be a fungal infection. My GP has prescribed an antifungal cream (only had it a couple of days so can't tell how well it's going to work!) Don't be embarrassed about seeing a male GP - they've seen it all before!

Welcome to the newbies. Have had a few extra syns at lunchtime as decided to have some cheese on my baked beans (just because it needs using up before holiday on Friday!).

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,491
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My original consultant, that got me to target, was 'nice but dim'. She was one of these that just follow (or should that be swallow?) SW without a thought. So if SW say so it must be right. She followed the formula to the letter but wasn't good at encouraging discussion or sharing tips. The group was very samey every week. I got more from chatting with other members than from her. She had 3 more children in rapid succession over the years but, to be fair, got herself back to target very soon after each pregnancy. Now her children are all school age she's gone back to a daytime job and only does evening groups so I rarely go to WI with her.

The group I go to most regularly now has a consultant that, I think, is still getting to target herself. She's not enormous but still has quite a bit to lose IMO. Maybe she set an interim target. Do you have to be at target to be a consultant? She's quite good and is always full of tips, encourages us to share ideas, and knows what's available at good prices in local shops.

Fortunately for me, I live in a big city so there are groups available every day except Sundays if I need one. I have to say that every group I've ever attended has been welcoming.

I had a lovely lunch: just stir fried veg from the fridge (sugar snaps, mushrooms, spring onions, asparagus and carrot) added some soy, 5 spice and noodles and a few bits of LO pork.

I just went to check the syn value of the noodles (IIRC it's half a syn for a pouch) but they're not there any more.:eek: I know they used to be. I'll rescue the pack from the bin and put it through the calculator but anyone noticed changes in syns online? Anything else gone missing? They were Chef Kwo wholewheat noodles from Home Bargains so maybe they've stopped making them??
  • Pollycat wrote: »
    Another big booby here. :o

My GP prescribed Cetraben emollient cream for a rash under my arms (allergy to a specific anti-perspirant).
    I use this on my under-bust rash when it breaks out and it clears it up pretty quickly.

Oh thanks so much for that - I'll get some today :beer:
  • joedenise wrote: »
    gingerfurball as it's an area where it gets quite sweaty it could be a fungal infection. My GP has prescribed an antifungal cream (only had it a couple of days so can't tell how well it's going to work!) Don't be embarrassed about seeing a male GP - they've seen it all before!

Denise
    I've actually tried this and its's not worked - but I'll try the other one suggested - but thanks for the reply :T
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,819
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    More people than usual turned up at SW this week,as expected.:) But its going to take work getting the group back up to scratch. Our consultant was about 8 lbs over target when I joined in May,and never did get back in,going up to 13lbs over.:eek:Never encouraged anyone to do any body magic,and generally was a bit scatty.
    The final straw for many people was when she was 2 weeks too late booking in the Xmas meal for 10 of the members !. Some people had bought new clothes for the occasion,so were not too pleased.:mad:
    Next thing we know she had got a new full time job so needed someone to cover our afternoon class,so for the last 6 weeks we have had 3 different consultants. At least it was interesting to see their different styles.:)
    Now we have a new young lady,just starting out,very nervous and voluble,but very enthusiastic about the new little book we got last week.Almost no one had one because only 3 people had turned up for group last week the last day for the old consultant.What do you expect on Boxing Day? I attended the Thursday group so I had mine.:)
    The old consultant packed up a couple of days after that,sold all her stock and scarpered. Now this rookie has agreed to step in for a couple of months,but they are looking for a permanent group leader.
    All a bit irritating. I remember the wonderful consultant we had way back when I first joined in 2003.She was brilliant,and when I joined was beautifully tanned from a junket she had gone on in Florida as a reward for her great work.She was inspiring and fun and the classes were always packed. Now it looks as if probably 70% just weigh and go.
    So what are your consultants like,people?

Very encouraging, challenging and lively. Very considerate of people's feelings as quite a few of our group don't want to get into the pledging of loss that goes on. I like it though as it does challenge me. A lot of our group are actually at target too which I think is great testament to a Consultant and people return to her sessions without feeling embarrassment, just feeling welcomed. Hope she never leaves.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon everyone.

Gosh we have some well endowed ladies on here! I have very little in that department but make up for it elsewhere... The discussion about scars was interesting. I think a lot of how scarring appears is down to the skill of the surgeon. I have a 4inch scar on my neck from surgery and although it is visible (not covered by hair) the surgeon took care to follow a line in my neck and 2 years on even I have to look for it. Unfortunately the same can't be said for those from abdominal surgery, one of which went a bit wrong so is very visible, right across my belly button. I still wore a bikini in the summer though. I'm like Maman, long bodied, so anything of an all in one nature is very uncomfortable. Anyone my age will remember when 'bodies' came in in the late 70's - I wore them but must have spent hours in pub toilets refastening the poppers!

Yesterdays menu as posted with the addition of a little dark chocolate bar unearthed from the fridge - no more in the house and don't intend buying any more!

Todays menu
    B Bran flakes, free strawb yoghurt and rasps
    L Bowl of the soup I made yesterday and ham salad with LTL mayo
    D Stir fried veg and noodles, might use half a packet sauce (Aldis Hoisin and garlic 6.5 syns for the pack)
    Trying to keep syns low as was a little over with the chocolate yesterday.

I've bought a diary today so I'll not post my menus on here now.
    Well done losers and good luck everyone else.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,480
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The group I go to most regularly now has a consultant that, I think, is still getting to target herself. She's not enormous but still has quite a bit to lose IMO. Maybe she set an interim target. Do you have to be at target to be a consultant? She's quite good and is always full of tips, encourages us to share ideas, and knows what's available at good prices in local shops.

Maman consultants don't have to be at target to become consultants just to have been members and have lost weight. She started SW when she was 19 and is now 40 - she actually only reached target about 6 months ago! She was struggling to lose but didn't actually put it back on during the time I've been going (since 2010).

She's been a consultant for about 18 years now and gave up her day job after about 2 years of doing evening only groups. She now does 5 groups - 2 daytime and 3 evening.

In all the time I've been going she's only missed 3 weeks group, two for holidays and 1 when she had a hysterectomy.

She's a bit dim but a lovely lady and like your consultant knows about good deals locally. She's not much cop with recipe ideas as what I call a very lazy cook - either Iceland ready meals or buying veg etc ready chopped and chucking it in a slow cooker!

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    So much for trying to be good. Was feeling ill probably because my blood pressure dropped, and the only salty food around that I could eat were wotsits :(
    Zebras rock
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    My consultants are lovely.... aka YOU LOT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure