Renovations and Repayments II: New Year, New Start, New Diary.

Comments

• AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    beanielou wrote: »
    When I win the lottery I will pay off my mortgage & have a new conservatory :)

Sounds very modest, Beanie. I take it you live in a place you don't want to move from? :D

If I played and won the lottery which from looking at the website would make me £11.3M richer I would invest £10M into various projects risk-free as the money was won rather than earnt or inherited. The other £1.3M would be put with the equity from this house to buy another house and an Aston Martin. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    newgirly wrote: »
    It's similar to the bathroom in the film the shining, tried to get it for our bathroom in green but it was impossible (much to dh's joy!).

Was it worth the money there Alex?

:rotfl: I think you'd have loved my old bathroom, NG.

Yes, it was wonderful. :) I wasn't so well when we went, it was a highlight event in a very dark time of my life.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Another good day had. No sales or savings made, work stays interesting, stimulating and providing something new to learn everyday. Pub meal tonight which I think we need to cut down. Parents have gone to Spain, was worth celebrating. :o :rotfl: ;)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • beanielou wrote: »
    When I win the lottery I will pay off my mortgage & have a new conservatory :)

When I win it I'm going to Antarctica!

(Really must start buying tickets I suppose!)

Glad to hear you've had a good day Alex, sounds like a pub meal was definitely in order!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I am very lucky.
    I live in a wee bungalow adapted just for me.
    So, no, would be happy to stay here :)
    Oh & buy DS a house :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A modern detached house, bathroom upstairs, shower room downstairs, attached garage. Attached greenhouse at the back of the garage.

:)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 9:37AM
    See, I liked all the art deco bits of that kitchen, but I felt that the modern elements sat awkwardly with them. I'm sure Alex can manage a better synthesis if he goes for 30s meets modern :beer:

Edit: as for the wife story - oh God - how awkward to hear those sorts of comments from her creeper colleagues :eek: Let's raise our sons to behave better, eh Alex?
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    AlexLK wrote: »
    PM asks if we both know each other. :rotfl: Anyway, went for lunch with Mrs. K. after the meeting, so had a really good work day, apart from a few people saying a few crude things about my wife before we 'met'.
    Edit: as for the wife story - oh God - how awkward to hear those sorts of comments from her creeper colleagues :eek: Let's raise our sons to behave better, eh Alex?
    Oh good grief, I missed that sentence first time round, had to go back to excavate it :eek:

Was there any sort of shame or regret when they realised this was your wife they were speaking about? I'm guessing not ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    newgirly wrote: »
    You can have the Cunard room GG , I'm in the Malcolm Campbell room with lovely pink bath :smileyhea everybody else will have to fight over the other rooms :D
    AlexLK wrote: »

Suite gives you a sitting room with a stunning view, Gally. :)
    I chose the Cunard as it has a rather fine balcony which you are all welcome to join me on :beer:.
    Bring along the champers Alex, there's a good chap :rotfl:.
    NG you can bring the nuts :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Let's raise our sons to behave better, eh Alex?
    Em..... something you're not telling us Ed :D?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure