Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 30th Dec 17, 4:14 PM
    • 8,351Posts
    • 1,975Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Nostradamus predictions for 2018
    • 30th Dec 17, 4:14 PM
    Nostradamus predictions for 2018 30th Dec 17 at 4:14 PM
    Vesuvius will erupt in 2018
    Economic Collapse caused by Oil crisis
    WW3 will happen - Caused by US declaring war on N Korea - dragging China and Russia in
    Giant asteroid (BENNU) to hit Earth
Page 2
    • koexelek
    • By koexelek 5th Jan 18, 7:57 AM
    • 7,643 Posts
    • 16,182 Thanks
    koexelek
    Didnít he also predict the end of the world in 1999?
    Originally posted by woolythoughts
    It was for everyone who hates Manchester United
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 5th Jan 18, 12:49 PM
    • 8,351 Posts
    • 1,975 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Didnít he also predict the end of the world in 1999?
    Originally posted by woolythoughts
    What is an error of +/- 19 years - when he lived 500 years ago - that's only 2 weeks error in a year !!
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 5th Jan 18, 1:13 PM
    • 8,076 Posts
    • 32,714 Thanks
    Flick216
    Will this happen after July? I'll be really annoyed if I don't get to go to Florida and Madeira this year.
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast

Australia & Spain
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 5th Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    • 8,351 Posts
    • 1,975 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Will this happen after July? I'll be really annoyed if I don't get to go to Florida and Madeira this year.
    Originally posted by Flick216
    Florida - you've got to be kidding me
    When the mountain side in the Canaries slips in to the sea - the Eastern seaboard USA will cease to exist !
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 5th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    • 8,076 Posts
    • 32,714 Thanks
    Flick216
    Florida - you've got to be kidding me
    When the mountain side in the Canaries slips in to the sea - the Eastern seaboard USA will cease to exist !
    Originally posted by 50Twuncle
    Before or after April?
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast

Australia & Spain
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 5th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 8,351 Posts
    • 1,975 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Before or after April?
    Originally posted by Flick216
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4658717/la-palma-volcano-2017-latest-news-canary-islands-cumbre-vieja/ says that it is ABOUT to happen and the Sun is renown for its accuracy....
    • Mrs Bones
    • By Mrs Bones 6th Jan 18, 1:41 AM
    • 13,796 Posts
    • 54,559 Thanks
    Mrs Bones
    Sorry but this thread needs a bit more drama (and added sprinkling of nuttyness).

Nostradamus - Floods, Volcano's, Earthquakes, Wars, Economic Collapse, Putin attacking Ukraine...erm hasn't he already sort of done that and taken back the Crimea ports which he wanted. Yea yea we get, it bad things happen and will continue in 2018 but haven't most of these happened fairly recently and throughout history and will no doubt continue to do so with monotonous regularity through the years. Nostradamus predictions are frankly a bit predictable and after all this time starting to get a bit old hat.

The Mayan's at least went to a bit more effort and produced a rather artful calendar for their doomsday predictions, pity they didn't leave explicit instructions on how it worked. As for end of days well I'm sure all these predictions are true, people are dying every minute of the day, it's always going to be the end of time for someone, unless of course there is reincarnation then maybe not. You could just end up filling time like a hamster going around the same wheel.

Now lets see if we can jazz things up a bit with some new questions. I'm sure there must be some Seer's on here who'd like to have a stab at making their own predictions.

What happened to the new ice age 'predicted' a week or so ago (at least that's the most recent predicted, it seems to be predicted at least once a decade). What about Ragnarok could this cold snap be the start, will the Ice Giants once more appear? When can we expect the first dinosaur to be brought back from extinction? Will there be a cabinet reshuffle next week and does anyone care? Is there a sea dragon living within Loch Ness, will David Attenborough be the first to film it? When the sun explodes will this put pay to the argument on climate change? If aliens return will they take one look and put a big space fence around the planet with a sign saying 'Danger Don't Enter' and a lock to stop any of us getting out? If the four horsemen of the Apocalypse do ride again in 2018 will they get in trouble with the equal rights regulations, a title of HorseMEN has to be on dodgy ground to start with. Will they need to disband and regroup with a more representative face of today workforce with an equal rights focus and is wearing all black really still suitable for DEATH given the multicultural rainbow world he now visits, could he become she? Will the She who is now Doctor Who prove skeptics wrong? Is anyone paying Donald Trump to promote the new book about him (they probably should be he's doing a great job and giving it massive publicity)?

Keep watching folks, to paraphrase the sitcom Soap "These questions!!!8212;and many others!!!8212;will be answered in the next episode of.... MSE What if, maybe's and probably not but we'll talk about it anyway show".

(Soap, a TV series that is probably before the time of many on here and ages me considerably.)
    ďI've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.Ē ~ Maya Angelou
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,617Posts Today

9,040Users online

Martin's Twitter