PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• Way to go basketcase :T Take it you still haven’t found a motorbike :rotfl: but I did smile at the DD comment :) but I would fatten her up a bit or a lot & Then add her to your declutter total :D:rotfl::D I hope she recovers quickly & you both enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

Today a reserved item was picked up & paid for :T Does anyone remember the old radiograms? This one was brought over from England over 25 years ago & DSis eventually stripped out the innards years ago & it made rather a handsome cabinet.

F899 Radiogram - SOLD

Then another bit of good news - the English chap who had bought a chair & a high chair (at his wife’s insistence for a potential future grandchild :rotfl:) finally came back & paid for the items :T
    His wife had been tempted by a cot on the previous visit but had talked herself out of it :rotfl:
    However she had reconsidered & sent her DH with instructions to buy :rotfl: + he wanted to buy a petrol mower for his friend. Negotiations ensued & finally a deal was struck so

F900 - F901 Cot & petrol mower - SOLD
    F902 Another bag of glass to Bottle Bank

900 barrier broken :rotfl:

Well done everyone - keep on decluttering & enjoying the sunshine :)
    Final thought - if you are cleaning your windows THAT is decluttering dirt :rotfl:

MrsSD
    F902/F20,180
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £43.00
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £??; May £??; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,849
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hi again :)

A poster on another thread has reminded me that we ‘minimised’ the house/gite/land/pool/outbuildings which I FORGOT to include on this thread because I reckon that is a MAJOR declutter & I am currently sitting here deciding on a number .... :think::think::think:

I will start with number of rooms incl. bathrooms etc + number of outbuildings incl. wood storage + acres of land + the pool + the attic + the two extra long hallways + the very large Understairs Cupboard :rotfl: so here goes :rotfl:

F903 - F921 Rooms in house = 15 + attic + 2 hallways + Understairs Cupboard
    F922 - F933 Rooms in gite = 11 + pool
    F934 - F941 Outbuildings = 8
    F942 - F946 Three acres of land & a small wooded area & a front garden

F947 Bag of ancient paperwork/receipts put in Recycling Wheelie bin
    F948 Crate of in date over the counter medicines & medical supplies packed - to England ( yes you did read that correctly :rotfl: - crate :rotfl:)
    The sad thing is that probably a third of it is stuff I paid good money to buy & post to my DSis :mad: - we found it all over the place as she opened her care packages & just left things where she opened them.
    The only items that ever got put away in the appropriate place were boxes of Yorkshire teabags & her Take a Break magazines when they first arrived :rotfl: My local Post Office loved me as I was sending parcels every couple of weeks :rotfl:

Re the TaB mags - they ended up all over the house - we must have recycled over a hundred in the last four weeks :D:naughty:

Anyway I shall love you & leave you

MrsSD
    F948/F20,180 :rotfl:

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £??; May £??; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Way to go basketcase :T Take it you still haven’t found a motorbike :rotfl: but I did smile at the DD comment :) but I would fatten her up a bit or a lot & Then add her to your declutter total :D:rotfl::D I hope she recovers quickly & you both enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

I thought of waiting till she'd put a bit of weight on too! :D She doesn't put weight on, though. (Well, she doesn't get that from me! :rotfl:) I think it's going to be a long pull until she's really better, but she's getting there. Actually, I think the decluttering will help her recovery. TBH, it's what keeps me going when I feel liking stopping and having a good cry...

Today a reserved item was picked up & paid for :T Does anyone remember the old radiograms?
    I do, she says, showing her age.:eek:

Final thought - if you are cleaning your windows THAT is decluttering dirt :rotfl:
    Ooh! Now that would add a fair amount to my total...:rotfl:
    MrsSD
    F902/F20,180
    and :beer::T on the sales!
    :rotfl:
    Glad it's not just me. I just found a key as well! Might make a necklace out of it as can't bring myself to get rid of it :rotfl:
    :rotfl:

So. Getting there gradually. Most of DD's stuff is now stored. Except the clothes. It sounds as if she's got a lot - well she has! - but once you divide them into 'for hot countries' 'to cover up in countries demanding modesty' 'really cold countries/skiing stuff' 'winter' and 'summer' It isn't unreasonable. She's travelled an awful lot and hopes to travel more, so ditching isn't really an option.:eek: Anyway, the stuff to be stored will be vacuum packed and put away. We brought various ornaments and breakables wrapped in the clothing, so I'll have to be careful.

Also, it'll weigh a fair bit. I'm still debating whether this is good cos it ups my total or bad because the amount of stuff is embarrassing!:o Let's go with good...:D

Here's yesterday's haul and totals.
    Radio Times (cancellation of subscription). I call this a preemptive strike sort of decluttering in advance for the rest of 2018 :whistle:, 13.5lbs
    MORE of DD’s STUFF TO STORAGE
    Massage Balls, 0.75lbs
    Radio, 1.5lbs
    Trifle Bowl, 1.75lbs
    Electric Kettle, 2lbs
    Complete Set of Cutlery, 9.5lbs
    Plastic Ties, 0.25lbs
    3 Books, 2.75lbs

MOTORBIKE 0lbs (Sorry, Mrs SD. Still, I’m not quite at the back of the Bugs Bunny Cupboard yet...)

Totals
    Day’s total 32lbs
    Running total 558lbs

Think I'll hoover the clothing it's a quick win and clears a lot of floor! Happy decluttering, all.
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • Rootle
    Rootle Posts: 188
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    19/52 - an unexpected boiler leak led to a clear out of the affected area. Some bits and bobs binned due to water damage and it now looks a lot clearer! Boiler also serviced.
  • PatBS
    PatBS Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 16 May 2018 at 10:31AM
    I chucked a ton of my old school/work books away that I haven't used since I finished school. I always have a sentimental attachment to my old work but really it's all crap that I'll never use again. I photographed important work and stored it on my phone if in case I ever need it again.

I also chucked out a bunch of old blankets. I'm a sucker for winter blankets and snuggling up and have over-accumulated these last years.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Been fairly busy today

642 an eye mask
    643 dried up superglue
    644-645 couple of packs of pencils
    646 compass
    647 hole reinforcement pack
    648 pencil eraser
    649-660 packs and tubes of glitter
    661 sellotape holder
    662 box
    663-668 DVD's
    669 travel toothbrush
    670 card written.
    Majority went to charity shop but three a couple of things in the bin.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,849
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 12 May 2018 at 12:20PM
    Bonjour tout le monde,

basketcase you do brighten up my day :):j

Today DSis sold her white goods - a tall freezer, a tall fridge & her tumble dryer to the same lady who bought the gas bottle cooker :T Everything paid but we are fortunate to be able to continue using until next week :T so

F949 - F951 Standing freezer, standing fridge & tumble dryer - SOLD

DSis & DH are with the new owners in the gite (we are still living in the farmhouse :T) - they want to buy the two single beds & want to know how to clean & get the pool going :) We have also been invited for dinner tonight :j - paella of which DSis & I are not overly fond but which DH loves :rotfl: I am sure they will have bread :rotfl: Also gives us a chance to see what they have done so far - not that I am nosey or anything:rotfl:

DSis & DH went off on their travels with a long list of things to do :D but being France the official buildings were all closed :o:rotfl: suppose we should have learnt by now :rotfl: However they did manage to see the lady about the cats, see the young French couple re anything else they might want (freebies I think), arrange for the cs to come Tuesday a.m. & take everything they want & dropped off the toys at the Doctor!!!8217;s surgery.

DSis needs to visit the pharmacy this afternoon for her supply of heart medicine & the urgent official stuff will have to wait until Monday :):o

Joy of joys, the new owners have decided they would like some more of the furniture so,

F952 - F959 Two single beds, large wooden kitchen shelving unit, small stereo unit, French free view box & aerial, beautiful hand made chess set, flat pack wardrobe - SOLD
    F960 - F963 Four Sets of bed linen for the single beds - DONATED TO NEW OWNERS
    F964 Bed linen for cot - DONATED TO NEW OWNERS

Also a few items reserved by internet buyers - but won!!!8217;t be listed until they are picked up & paid for :)

Just to make everyone laugh - a chap pulled up & wanted to buy the gite :rotfl: even with the large VENDU sign on the gate :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: & all the signs saying Vide Maison = house clearance :rotfl: Amazing :rotfl::rotfl:

Still shedloads to go but all three of us are definitely happier :D et le soleil est brille :) et il est tres chaud :T :):)

Wishing you all success in your decluttering efforts :)

MrsSD
    F964/F20,180 :rotfl:

P.S.
    F965 - F968 Cafetière & bag of lighters & 2 deckchairs - DONATED to new owners

:rotfl: As you can see I am desperate to reach 1,000 items :rotfl::D

MrsSD
    F968/F20,180 :D

• Well done, Mrs SD and everyone else who has been decluttering while I have been visiting DD in UK.I was very good, buying nothing from charity shops to add to the clutter, but had to buy 2 new pairs of shoes. I only wear Clarks now and buy them when back in UK. Got one pair half price and was really pleased. Very very pleased to find that DH had collected up a box of 15 books for CS while I was away. Will add to total soon.
    Decluttered 4 travel samples while away. Total now 19
    Off tomorrow to visit my mates at my fav. CS and catch up - with the books of course.
  • 1383 Shaving cream, uu.

A bit slow at the moment, but a few things to add...

1384 to 1385 2 pairs sunglasses
    1386 to 1387 a purse and a bracelet kit (donated as a prize)
    1388 Handcream tube uu
    1389 to 1391 3 necklaces
    1392 Broken ornament
    1393 Broken dog ball
    1394 Another used up handcream tube
    1395 Body spray, uu
    1396 to 1400 Difficult one this - while decorating a birthday cake, we found so many partly used cake candles, holders which didn't hold, and other cake clutter, that we sorted out a tub and binned several handfuls - we're just counting as 5, although must have been nearer 50 :D
    1401 bottle of make-up remover, uu
    1402 Lip gloss, uu

Well done everyone, although I don't post often, I do read regularly. Just brilliant to read how encouraging everyone is. :A:A
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Rootle - hope the boiler didn't cause any damage

PatBS - Welcome to the merry band :D. I have a couple of old schoolbooks. But they were prizes and I don't often win things, so they stay!:p

retiredinfrance - well done on not buying 'stuff'. Hope the shoes are comfy...

villagelife and unicorn - those figures are mounting very nicely.

Mrs SD - what can I say? You've definitely got your mojo back. Go for that thousand! :T Plugging for the thousand mark myself... BTW, when le soleil was brille-ing, was it 'dans le ciel bleu'? (It always was at school! :rotfl:)

Anyway, today's results:
    My clothing - smaller size, but I will lose that weight! - 3.5lbs
    Wide selection of DD's Bags/Belts/Shoes etc, 9.5lbs
    Ditto Underwear/Sportswear/Swimwear, 12lbs
    Photographs - not all that many really; they're surprisingly heavy - 1.5lbs

Totals
    Day’s total 26.5lbs
    Running total 584.5lbs

Happy decluttering all. Got to do a general clear up for tomorrow so I'm not sure how much will be decluttered. Anyone else having a Eurovision party?! _party_
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing