Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 30th Dec 17, 10:59 AM
    • 792Posts
    • 2,098Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Adventures of the Boy & Me: Part 2..
    • 30th Dec 17, 10:59 AM
    Adventures of the Boy & Me: Part 2.. 30th Dec 17 at 10:59 AM
    Hello,

I figured it was time for a new diary and fresh start as we head into the new year. I'm excited to see what 2018 has in store for us and plan to sail through it with as much positivity as possible.

This year has seen many changes, both good and bad. The thing is, we made it through, that's all that matters.

I'm a different person to whom I was at the beginning of the year. Alot has happened but its time to refocus on myself and the time with the boy. It's time to create new adventures and memories and work towards a secure future for us both.

I've recently came into some inheritance which thankfully will clear what debt I had left. This amount was 7000. I have enough left to pop into seperate saving accounts and the money I used to pay towards the debt will be redirected elsewhere to build a secure future for me and the boy.

I need to get back into a routine and start a new budget which is manageable and flexible. I intend to go through all my bills, accounts and budgets and see where I stand and then plan ahead for the next few months.

This is also the year I focus on rebuilding myself back up. I've come a long way from where I was at the beginning of the year and I finally have a medication regime which seems to work for me. The next stage is to undergo CBT therapy and possibly counselling to make myself a much stronger person and to address issues that I've put to the back of my mind.

All in all, I'm excited for the year ahead and look forward to tracking my goals, dreams and aspirations and to share them with others.

Somethings will be left in the past, others I will carry into the future with me. It's just deciding exactly what I want and working towards it.

Anything is possible, if you put your mind to it.

Chandelier.
    Current Debt: 550.

Check out my Diary
Page 6
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 12th May 18, 5:48 PM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Beanie, yes it is good to be me once more. I've found my smile again and nothing is no longer fazing me after a few weeks where I was quite teary and delusional. I'm now able to see things more clearly and have a lot of upcoming exciting events which I'm looking forward to. Scott, it's good to hear from you. I hope you're well to! I seemed to have lost your number as my phone reset itself.

I finished the last of my shifts yesterday and now have six days off. I'm unsure what I have planned just yet but will probably hit the gym and get back into the routine. I've had a bit of a break and my eating has gone a bit sideways but I'll soon get back to it. I've lost 15lb in total so far.

Today, the boy and I have been shopping with my mum and have bought some clothes for our holidays. I bought myself an eccentric dress which has flamingos on it, it looks better then it sounds. I also managed to get quite a lot for the boy and managed to get 10% off which is better then nothing.

Tonight, I may possibly be going for a drive out into the country with a close friend to find a nice pub. The boy shall accompany us and maybe we can go for a walk down the canal.

I've arranged to go out for a meal with another friend I recently met this week and have planned drinks with another in two weeks time so I'm slowly filling up the gaps that felt so empty after recent events. I'll make great effort to carry this on.

I no longer speak to manfriend, he's definately a part of my past and that chapter is now closed. It's sad to think what it has become as once we were so close and would talk all the time. Some things just aren't meant to be I guess but I'm grateful for the time I spent with him and for the memories we made. I honestly wish him all the best and hope he gets everything he wants out of life. Maybe one day our paths may cross again but for now it's goodbye.

I'm really determined to knuckle down and get saving for next year! I'm going to speak to my manager next week about booking off 4-6 weeks off in the summer to travel Europe with the boy. We've already started adding places we'd like to visit to the list which is exciting and it involves him in the planning. I've a lot of research to do but it's so exciting. I'm not sure what sort of budget I'm looking at yet.

Work's been brilliant this week and I've received many compliments. The doctor I worked with told me I should apply for a sister's post or do my advanced nurse training as I'd be a great candidate at it. It's not something I want to do right this moment but I may look into it in the future, especially the advanced practitioner post. If it was seconded I'd definately think about it.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 14th May 18, 1:31 PM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Afternoon,

It's a lovely day today! The sun's out shining and I feel all summery!

I've had a lovely chilled out weekend. On Saturday night me and the boy went out to a local country pub by the canal with my friend and spent hours chatting and enjoying good food. We then went inside for the boy to play a game of pool which I'm shocking at but there were some people there who offered to play it with him which was lovely. It felt like a random act of kindness and the boy had a great time.

On Sunday I took the boy ice skating and had a catch up with my friend. She's currently pregnant and has been going through quite a low period and her hormones are all over the place. She ended up having a complete breakdown in the toilets and phoned me to go help her. I tried my best to support her and we then took some time out where I bought her a hot chocolate and we had a chat. We both decided we wanted a spa day so have arranged that for this Tuesday. We found a really good deal for a two hour aquathermal journey which was two for one and have chosen to have afternoon tea after which should be lovely. I know it's just what she needs and I'm happy to support her in that.

Tonight I'm meeting up with another friend to go out for a meal which should be good. This is the friend I'm going to Dublin with so we can sit and chat about things we'd like to do and places we'd like to see.

Plans are under way for my sisters hen do. I have a feeling it's going to end up super pricey for me. There will be one hen do in London for all her friends to attend and then the following weekend will be a second one for closer people to her which will be a country retreat in Wales, more of a glamping trip. I'm looking forward to that. It will just be a busy two weeks. There will be a third for other family members who are unable to attend which will be in our hometown and I'll be in charge of organising that. It's a good job I've been budgeting for this.

I'm due to pay the balance soon on our holiday for September. I'll use savings for that.

My mum's been worrying a lot about money at the moment and that her savings are going down rather then up. I've offered to go through all her bills/bank accounts and to come up with a budget. I also have been thinking about increasing the board that I pay at some point. She's had a lot of outgoings this year with the wedding and everything going on plus buying new glasses etc. I also need to sort out her credit cards and see where she is financially then I can get a better picture. I'm good at this sort of stuff and I'm willing to lend a hand. In the past I've sorted out expenses/bills and I drive a hard bargain. It's the little things that add up such as the extra shopping trips. I'm sure I can find ways to save her money and make her budget stretch a little bit further. As long as she's willing to comply then I'm happy to do it.

I'm looking forward to these next few days and then going back to work. I actually feel content and happy right at this moment in time and everythings coming together and going well. My mental health is much improved and I'm still attending counselling as and when possible. I have a good support system around me and I feel the most stable that I have in a long time. My self esteem and confidence is also improving and I'm focusing 100% on myself. I'm meeting new friends and finding I actually have things in common with people and this makes things so much easier.

I'm happy that I'm able to write such a positive post

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 14th May 18, 4:55 PM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    I've just read through this diary from the beginning and I'm amazed to see what I've come through and how much things have changed in such a short period of time and it's enabled me to reflect on a lot of things.

The first being my mental health. It amazes me how much a disruption in routine/lack of sleep resulted in a massive downward spiral to a depression that lasted around three months. I was in a really bad place and couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I was close to being suicidal at times which was scary and unlike me. I'm glad that I have managed to get through it even if I have had to sacrifice things along the way.

Which brings me onto my next reflection. The time spent with manfriend. We went through so much in such a short period of time that I'm not surprised we crashed and burned and that things have turned out the way they have. I was absolutely gutted and heartbroken when he told me he had met someone else but I've come to terms that he is allowed to be happy. And if that's without me in his life then so be it. I was really hard work during these past few months and he was often on the receiving end which he didn't deserve. No matter how much we tried, it just never went back to the relationship at the beginning. Lessons have been learnt though and I now know what I want out of a relationship. I'm staying single for now and when I'm ready I'll get myself back out there. I no longer speak to him and I last heard from him ten days ago. Although I've found it hard at times, it's getting much easier. I'm no longer waiting for him to text or call. The lines of communication are still open and maybe one day we'll actually be friends once the dust has settled.

Another reflection is how well things are going at work. I'm really finding my feet and have become much more assertive lately which is doing me the world of good. I feel a lot more in control of things and I'm more comfortable with the responsibility I hold and acknowledge that I'm actually doing things right. There are still little blips along the way but they are the things I can ignore.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
  • archived user
    What a lovely post. You are right to be pleased about your achievements and perspective. Hope you have a lovely week xx
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 15th May 18, 8:38 AM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning!

Last night I ended up going for a drive out into the country with my friend and we found a nice little country pub where we had a lovely meal. We then got an ice cream and had a walk down the canal which was nice. It was good to catch up and just have a laugh about everything. They were moments where I laughed so much I was almost crying. We then had sing alongs in the car to old songs from our childhood which was fun.

Today I'm off for a thermal journey spa day and afternoon tea with another friend that I'm excited for. This shall come out of the entertainment budget for the month.

But first I'm due to see my CPN. I'm not really sure what to tell her as things have been a bit mixed the past two weeks moodwise. There has been plenty of ups which sometimes can be hard to manage especially when I become hyperactive. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

I've decided to write myself a bit of a bucketlist and things I want to do. It will give me things to work towards and create many memories!

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th May 18, 8:46 AM
    • 57,478 Posts
    • 235,478 Thanks
    beanielou
    Enjoy your spa day
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 16th May 18, 10:17 AM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning!

The spa day yesterday was amazing and definately worth the money. We used a two for one offer and then had afternoon tea on top so it worked out at 23 each. I paid for all of it in total which came to 46 and my friend was suppose to transfer me the money. However she then confided in me that she actually borrowed the money from a friend in order to pay for it as she's struggling for money lately but wanted to treat herself as she's going through a lot at the moment and is stressed out to the max, I'm quite worried about her. I then decided to write it off and told her not to worry about paying me back and that it was my treat. I told her to spend the money she had left on food for herself and the kids which she did. She was so grateful and emotional after, that amount is no skin off my back. It felt nice to do something.

After school me and the boy went round to my friends house for the kids to play together. They played out nicely until it came time to go home and I found out the boy had done something he wasn't suppose to. He apparently had been chasing cars that went past and touching other cars around the cul de sac. Straightaway when he knew he'd been found out he broke down into tears and kept apologising. I felt absolutely mortified as it's so out of character for him to do something like that. I think he was copying another little girl who's known to do stuff like this so stern words were had and he has now had some luxuries removed/banned for the time being and he is no longer allowed to play out unsupervised. He will learn his lesson and I plan to reeducate him about road safety and the dangers of messing around.

I went into work yesterday and spoke to my ward manager about my plans for next year. I think we can somehow work it that I can have three and a half weeks off and I'll use this time to go travelling with the boy around Europe. We should get to see a good number of countries and do plenty of sightseeing in this time. First we need to decide which countries we'd like to go to and do some further research. So I'm excited to do this and it will give me something to focus on.

Today I am just going to chill out. I'm absolutely exhausted after these past few days and I feel as if I need a nap.

Tomorrow I'm possibly going out to dinner and for drinks with a friend after work. I'm not sure whether they'll pay or we'll go halves. I'll make the effort to get dressed up/look my best and hopefully have a good night.

The friend whom confided in me yesterday also told me the true extent of her financial situation and how much debt she was in. I've pointed her in the direction of the debt charities such as stepchange and these boards and hopefully she'll figure a way out. There just seems to be too much month at the end of her money. It's one of the only things I can do to help.

The next few months are definately going to be busy. Seeing it on paper is pretty scary for me and I'm just hoping I'll be able to cope with it all. I need to find ways to manage all of this more effective. My next five months consist of the following..

June: Dublin with my friend then the first of my sisters hen do's in London.
    July: My sister's second hen do in Wales. My car tax is also due.
    August: A possible weekend away with my friend and kids in a caravan which falls on the boy's 8th birthday. A week away to Cornwall with the boy's grandparents.
    September: Car insurance due and registration fees. Our two week holiday on a Caribbean cruise.
    October: My sister's wedding and everything else that goes along with it.

So as you can see, that's just the big important occasions.

It's my nephews christening this weekend but sadly I'm working so I'll send see a some money in a card to put in his bank account. It won't be much as I've so many upcoming outgoings to budget for. This year's definitely going to be full of memories.

The half term holidays are coming up again and I've arranged childcare so far for this. The boy is off for two weeks so the first week, his nanny is off and will have him. The second week my manager has put me on shifts which mean I'll only need to find childcare for one day which was good of her. I'll put the boy into sports camp for one of the days. I've also asked one of the school mums if her son would like to come over and play and I'll probably take them out somewhere nice.

Due to my shifts it's hard for me to enable the boy to have friends come round for tea but it's something I want to try and do more so the boy does not feel left out. It's hard sometimes juggling everything and finding the right balance.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 18, 10:36 AM
    • 57,478 Posts
    • 235,478 Thanks
    beanielou
    Finding a balance is always hard.
    You have a lot to look forward too.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 20th May 18, 5:48 AM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning ,

I'm up bright and early, ready for work. I've a 13.5 hour shift ahead of me so I'm just taking some time to mentally prepare myself .

It's been a busy couple of days with a few spends here and there but it's all been worth it.

On Thursday I went out for a meal with a friend. I was feeling nervous and had a couple of drinks beforehand, then we went to a lovely italian restaurant where we shared great food and conversation. We then went for drinks afterwards which was a chilled out affair. We have made brief plans to meet up again on Monday so I'll figure something out for then.

On Friday I went into the boy's school to do some reading with him where he pulled out a big atlas and we had a look at countries we'd like to visit in Europe and made a quick list. We'll look into this further at another time but it was nice to do it together. We then went out with my mum for a meal and had a walk by the canal with an ice cream before we went home as I had to be up early for work.

So although it's been rather spendy, it's been worth it but I'm going to have to really clamp down on my spends as the next few months are going to be busy/spendy.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 25th May 18, 6:04 AM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning

I've yet another 13.5hr shift ahead of me today. I'm doing extra to help my team out but this is all I'll be doing. I'm also working the next two days.

On Monday I just had a chill out day after my other shift and just took some time to recuperate. It was much needed and I felt a whole lot better for it.

On Tuesday the boy and I took his Nanny for lunch as a birthday treat. We then came back home and played lots of tennis in the garden which was fun, even though the balls kept flying into our next door neighbours garden. I then met up with my friend where we went to the pub for a few drinks then had a meal, followed by bowling and another couple of drinks elsewhere. That was really good and I felt really happy and content. We've planned to meet up on Monday and will probably go for a day out to the countryside.

On Wednesday the boy and I went to our local park to play tennis with another friend. We then went for an ice cream and a drink to cool us down with the weather being as lovely as it has been. In the evening we went for a meal to a pub in the countryside that overlooked the canal with the boy's grandparents. The pub itself is gorgeous but the food was mediocre. At least we know for next time and that it's just a nice place to get a drink.

The boy has spent the last couple of days with his Nanny whilst I've been working which he will have enjoyed. I'm working the next few weekends so I don't need to worry about childcare as much.

It's my birthday next month and although I'm working on the day, hopefully the plan is to get away for the night/next day with my friend. I'm not sure where we will go yet but it will be yet another mini adventure.

I'm just having fun and enjoying myself whilst I can. I'm in a really happy place right now and hopefully everything's falling into place. My smile and laughter is just lighting up the whole room wherever I go and it's infectious. That's the way I want it to be and stay.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 25th May 18, 7:29 AM
    • 57,478 Posts
    • 235,478 Thanks
    beanielou
    So pleased that you are in a happy place

***Keep plodding***
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 26th May 18, 6:48 PM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Evening,

It's a lovely day here and I've been stuck in work most of the day, however I'm off out tonight with a friend for a few drinks so I've got myself dolled up for some bank holiday fun! I'm not expecting it to be too late of a night but I'm up for some people watching and maybe a little dance! The friend I'm going with is absolutely lovely and I can't wait to see them. I'm sadly working again tomorrow so I need to watch myself a little.

I'm doing really well and I'm in a great mindset and I'm much more positive about the future. I honestly don't know what the future will bring but I'm hopeful that everything will work out as it should do. I'm smiling constantly these days and I no longer feel anger or frustration like I did before. It's amazing what a difference it can make when people are no longer a part of your life. I honestly do believe that people come into your life for a reason and not everyone is meant to stay, even though it may hurt at the time.

The boy is well and has been entertained by his Nanna all day playing tennis in the garden. He really does light up my life and gives me the motivation to do all that I do. I'd honestly be lost without him.

Have a great weekend everyone

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 26th May 18, 9:45 PM
    • 57,478 Posts
    • 235,478 Thanks
    beanielou
    Lovely to hear you so positive

***Keep plodding***
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 27th May 18, 12:19 PM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Well last night ended up a late one and I'm paying for it this morning. It doesn't help that I'm working a late shift today.

I had quite a few drinks but really enjoyed myself. My night started off wrong as I'd left my I'd at home so I had to go back for that and then we kind of did a mini scum run going into some pubs along the promenade. We went into one place where the atmosphere was great, people were dancing and enjoying themselves and even I had a little wiggle! The style of music was old cheesy pop/some of the greatest hits but they really did keep people entertained and it made me happy to see people who I don't even know happy. It helps by the fact I had great company with my friend who was forcing me to dance and I was able to completely relax and be myself. We ended the night back at their place where we just chilled out and listened to some music.

My friend didn't know about my history regarding mental health and I felt it was appropriate last night to tell them so I could see their reaction to see where we go from there. It surprised me to be fair because they were really good and understanding about it and even confided of troubles they'd had before. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted and I know longer have to keep it in and I can be open and honest about it. I'm really enjoying being back out there, there's no pressure.

Whilst out, I ran into the boy's Dad's girlfriend who came for a drink with us where she poured all her heart and troubles out. It was quite sad to hear what she's going through because he's repeating the same pattern as he did with me, he will never learn what he's got until it's gone. I sent him and very angry message telling him to let her enjoy having a drink with me.

Anyhow I best get ready for work. I need to knuckle down and sort myself out. I'm feeling rather precious today!

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 29th May 18, 7:45 AM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning!

The bank holiday is finally over and I'm pleased to say I had a really good one.

As stated before I went out on Saturday and had a fab night but I definately paid for it the next day, especially at work! I had a great shift though and left feeling really happy and content with all I'd achieved and done. One lovely lady complimented me and stated how patient, kind and understanding I'd been and that I was perfect for the job role. There are days I doubt myself but the good outnumber the bad.

Yesterday I met up with my friend again and we went to a local beauty spot where we went for a picnic and walk along the river. We even went geocaching and found a few small treasures. This is definately something I'm going to look into for the boy and hopefully can do with him as I think he'll love it.

I had a great day yesterday and really felt in my element. It was nice and relaxed and I just felt really content and happy. A lot of that is down to the company I was with.

I stated a few weeks ago I was taking time out of the dating game but by chance me and this friend met each other. We've been on a few dates and really enjoy each others company. He makes me feel special and is always complimenting me. I can totally be myself around him and we're both always smiling at one another. I'm definately taking it slow and we can only see where it leads. I told him I wasn't looking for anything serious but I'll see how it goes. At the moment he fits into my life quite nicely and we are able to meet up a couple of times a week. He's understanding and accepting of my circumstances and he knows about my Bipolar/ADHD which was a relief after I told him. He was really good about it and told me that I'm always able to talk to him if I need to. It's nice to be open and honest with someone and be able to be my true self. Hopefully he'll continue to see the best of me.

I've the next three days off and plan to fill them with fun for me and the boy. Today I'm planning on taking him to our local theme park where we'll take a picnic and I've yet to plan the rest of the week. I'm trying to keep spends to a minimum as the next few months are definately going to be spendy.

My phone seems to be dying a slow and painful death. I've been tempted by the new Samsung S9 and have found a phone contract for 23 a month but it has an upfront cost. I'm debating whether this is the right thing to do so I'll have a good think about it. The cost of a brand new phone works out roughly around the same price as the contract over a two year period. I'll make sure to do my homework!

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 29th May 18, 12:23 PM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    So after lots of thought and deliberation, I've purchased a new phone. I went through the topcashback website and have ordered the Samsung S9. I've had to pay 200 upfront but the plan will cost me 23 a month for unlimited calls, texts and 3gb of data which will be enough for me. The total cost over the two year contract including the cost of the handset equals to what it would cost me for the brand new phone only or the one below plus sim only. So I'm kind of breaking even. It should arrive tomorrow so I'm pretty excited.

I've also decided to visit my sister in law tomorrow and will stay overnight. My brothers working away so her and my nephew will be on their own so I think she could do with the company. She gets rather lonely at times and it will be good to build up a relationship with her again. It's been strained at times because I don't necessarily agree with some of their choices but I've decided to let things go and make the most of what we've got. It will be good for the boy to see his nephew too.

It's time to pay my holiday balance this week so my savings will take a hit but there's less then four months to go until our Carribean cruise. After September I'm going to start putting money away to save up for Europe next year. I'm unsure of how much we'll need but I've posted on the travel board here where hopefully I'll get some advice and suggestions.

I'm also thinking of going camping in the next few weeks with my friend. He's really into it and has all the gear for it so I won't have many experiences. I'll suggest it to him later on and see what he says.

Anyhow the picnic is made and we're about to set off for our day out at the theme park

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 1st Jun 18, 6:14 AM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning,

We had a wondeful day the other day at our local theme park. The boy has now grown enough to get on some of the bigger rollercoasters so he went on his first one that went upside down. The picture from it is brilliant so I bought it. We had a nice picnic in the sun and a milkshake to go along with it. We then met up with the boy's dad and his girlfriend and went to our local funfair and then back to their house where they made us a homemade curry. Surprisingly we have a really good relationship even if the boy's dad never really steps up. It was nice to all get along and spend some time together.

On Wednesday we travelled to Catterick to ser my sister in law and nephew. She's alone whilst my brothers away on exercise so we had a good catch up. The drive there wasn't too bad and the weather just about held off. We went for a walk yesterday and did a little bit of shopping. I bought some new walking boots which are lovely and should last me a while. The plan is to go on more walks and explore the countryside.

It looks like we are going camping mid June. I confirmed this with my friend and he has all the gear. I just need to buy some camping chairs which I should be able to pick up cheap enough and that should be us. We are looking at going Ingleton Falls which is suppose to be lovely. Whilst there we will do some geocaching and explore the areas around us.

It's been payday and it's a new month ahead. I really need to watch my spends this month as I've got my holiday balance to pay for. That means my savings will go down but I'll build them back up as much as possible. As we're having such an expensive year, I'm not too worried about building upon my savings. Any is a bonus.

Anyhow I best get ready for the day ahead. I'm working 3x 10 hr shifts over the next few days and it's date night tonight. I'm hoping to go to a small local place near me if my friend is up for it.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • RhiBi
    • By RhiBi 1st Jun 18, 7:59 AM
    • 606 Posts
    • 1,762 Thanks
    RhiBi
    Hi, I'm glad things are working out so well, you deserve it!

We do geocaching too, it's great fun, and inexpensive xxxx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 #7 297/350

1 debt vs 100 days 323.72/1000
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 4th Jun 18, 10:20 AM
    • 792 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning,

I've finally finished my run of three, ten hour shifts and it's my day off today. I've quite a few things on my to do list that I'd like to get ticked off. Then I'm back in for another five shifts, some of which are silly but I'm having to cover the ward.

I need to phone up the tax office and sort out my tax code as they have this wrong and I've been getting taxed more then I should. They have it split across two posts and I'd rather all my allowance be on my main post and then the usual basic rate on my bench post. I rarely do bench or extra shifts as I do enough as it is.

I've sorted out all my online banking for the month and have paid my bills. I just need to set up a payment for one credit card and allocate funds to pay another. These are just day to day credit cards just to build up a credit history and show that I'm able to use them responsibly and pay them in full each month.

My holiday in September has now been paid for and I just need to await final figures then I'll transfer the money to my mum as she put it on her credit card. I'll have to use some of my savings but I'll soon build these back up. I've also our holiday to Cornwall to pay for. The boys grandad will pay this and I'll pay him back and maybe see if I can spread it over a few months to make things easier due to all the expenses I've coming out over the next few months.

I've a few things going on this month. I'm going for a night away for my birthday and then we are off camping for the weekend. I've got all the stuff to go so shouldn't have many expenses there apart from paying for the campsite which is around 50 for two nights then the cost of food which I'll split with my friend. I'm then off to Dublin so I'll need to get some euros for this. I'm unsure how much to take, we are there for four days, three nights. I also need to do some research and make an intenary of things to do and places to see. So if anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate them. I'm then off to London for the first of my sister's hen do's and the following weekend is for glamping in Wales. So I really need to watch the pennies.

I saw my friend last night and he came round to mine for the evening. I bought him some beers and cooked us both steak for dinner and we sat and chilled with a few drinks and conversation was flowing. He really does make me happy and I'm always smiling around him. Although it's nothing serious at the moment, even if we end up friends then I'll be glad to have him in my life. We've both agreed that we need to start watching our pennies and saving some money so we're going to limit our meals out and do more stuff that is free or cost effective. It's the little things that count. I don't like him paying for everything so I make sure things are equal for us both so it's less pressure. I can totally be myself around him and I've confided things to him that others don't know. He knows I was suicidal earlier on this year and that I was self harming. I've promised him that I won't do this again and that I'll continue to take my meds and that if I'm ever down I will open up and talk to him when I'm ready. He's okay with that and just wants me to be open and honest with him and he'll be there for me no matter what.

I had a bit of a dip in mood towards the end of last week due to being so busy that I exhausted myself. I wasn't my normal self on Saturday and people could tell. I was worried that I was dipping back into a depressive episode but I seem to have pulled myself out and made sure I've had enough sleep. It seems to be lack of sleep and disruption to my routine that throws me so it's important I try to maintain these as much as possible.

I've an appointment with my new psychiatrist today whom I've never met before. I will probably have to confess all and give my history which I'm not looking forward to. I don't want my medications being messed with as I seem to have been on an even keel aside from a few dips and a couple of highs but they can be managed. I'm a hyperactive person and it's part of my personality.

Anyhow I beat get on with my day. I've spent the last two hours sat in the garden chilling in this warm weather. I've missed a lot of it due to work so I'm going to utilise my time effectively and chill out.

Bye for now!

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Jun 18, 10:50 AM
    • 57,478 Posts
    • 235,478 Thanks
    beanielou
    You are & will be a very busy bee!
    Hope your appointment goes well.

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,311Posts Today

8,549Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin