Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • essex boy
    • By essex boy 30th Dec 17, 9:02 AM
    • 1,625Posts
    • 1,601Thanks
    essex boy
    0 WOW
    Daily Mail Holidays from 15pp January 2018 codes
    • 30th Dec 17, 9:02 AM
    0 WOW
    Daily Mail Holidays from 15pp January 2018 codes 30th Dec 17 at 9:02 AM
    The promotion starts Saturday 30th December 2017
    Collect 5 different passwords from the Daily Mail for booking starting Wednesday 3rd January
    I'll be posting the passwords on the first post here for easy access.

Saturday 30th December 2017... RELAX
    Sunday 31st December 2017..... BEACH
    Monday 1st January 2018.......... SPADE
    Tuesday 2nd January 2018........ HISTORIC
    Wednesday 3rd January 2018..... CHILL

Booking Office and Information is here
    https://www.mailholidayparks.co.uk/dailymail

Dates available are
    Monday to Friday
    March 19, 26
    April 2,9,16,23 30
    May 7,14,21,28
    June 4,11,18,25
    July 2,9,16
    August 27
    September 3,10,17,24
    October 1,8,15,22,29

Friday to Monday
    March 16,23
    April 6,13,20,27
    May 4,11,18,25
    June 1,8,15,22,29
    July 6,13,20
    August 24,31
    September 7,14,21,28
    October 5,12,19,26
    November 2
    Last edited by essex boy; 03-01-2018 at 7:50 AM.
Page 3
    • nosila
    • By nosila 4th Jan 18, 3:48 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    nosila
    But I am finding difficulty finding availability for July of this year at Riveiere
    sands

Thanks again :-)[/QUOTE]
    • essex boy
    • By essex boy 4th Jan 18, 5:57 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    essex boy
    I did this 3years running for the Haven Rivire Sand site in Cornwall. For July. We loved our holidays in Cornwall. It is where you book 4nts 3nts and 4nts and then phone the park and get the bookings linked. they even discounted the linen for me.
    Originally posted by nosila
    I checked also and didnt come up at all.
    Could be worth trying the Sun thread once it opens
    • bitm2007
    • By bitm2007 4th Jan 18, 8:02 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    bitm2007
    I checked also and didnt come up at all.
    Could be worth trying the Sun thread once it opens
    Originally posted by essex boy
    You could also try the 10 local newspaper holiday promotion.

https://www.breakfreeholidays.co.uk/local

The code words are being posted here (on page 2)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/breakfree-holidays-10-promotion-caravan-holiday-now-live-2861247?page=2#thread-comments
    • nosila
    • By nosila 5th Jan 18, 8:50 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    nosila
    [QUOTE=essex boy;73662301]I checked also and didnt come up at all.
    Could be worth trying the Sun thread once it opens.

Yes I have my priority booking envelopes standing by. But don't hold out much hope. I find the Sun system so frustrating. Not quite as bad as Freddie laker flights debacle. Live in GATWICK offered Glasgow, live in Glasgow offered Heathrow. But historically have found it far more difficult to find what I want. Maybe the sun system will be different this year.

wanted Haven Riveriere Sands or
    Park holidays Sandhills Dorset or
    Park dean Ruda Croyde bay

Normally if I book as soon as booking opens I get want I am looking for on the Daily Mail for a July holiday.
    • Theoneandonlyme
    • By Theoneandonlyme 5th Jan 18, 8:51 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Theoneandonlyme
    Thanks, Essex Boy and others for the hints - I think I've found availability at Devon Cliffs - anyone been there?

This has been really helpful. We went to Rookley Park last year for the first time with the Sun holidays and my children had the best time ever (even considering they've been to Disney ).

Thank you!
    • sparry951
    • By sparry951 7th Jan 18, 11:10 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    sparry951
    Thanks for this, just saved quite a bit compared with booking with Haven directly
    • loubie_lou
    • By loubie_lou 8th Jan 18, 7:15 PM
    • 1,322 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    loubie_lou
    Manor Farm, Switzerland
    Has anyone ever been to the above park. The surroundings look glorious. We want to go in September. I've booked these type of. Holidays before in the UK but never in Europe. What are peoples experiences of going on these holidays in Europe?

I've checked on the Europe camp website and the same caravan at the same time is nearly 4 times as much. I don't want to end up paying extra when I get there. Just looking for reassurance as it's for my hubbies 40th this year.

Thanks
    In debt no more!
    • essex boy
    • By essex boy 8th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    essex boy
    Has anyone ever been to the above park. The surroundings look glorious. We want to go in September. I've booked these type of. Holidays before in the UK but never in Europe. What are peoples experiences of going on these holidays in Europe?

I've checked on the Europe camp website and the same caravan at the same time is nearly 4 times as much. I don't want to end up paying extra when I get there. Just looking for reassurance as it's for my hubbies 40th this year.

Thanks
    Originally posted by loubie_lou
    Looks like you!!!8217;ve done well, trip advisor is full of rave reviews
    You should get a confirmation email from daily mail giving you a link
    That will show if you have anything else to pay
    As it!!!8217;s Daily Mail I doubt it, unless you haven!!!8217;t paid linen hire and wish to use it
    I don!!!8217;t know if you!!!8217;ve paid the 15 damage waver, if not you have to pay that or pay a refundable 100 on arrival

I booked my Easter Holiday through Daily Mail
    I paid 155 for a 4 night holiday inc 15 waver and direct would have been 3 times that
    I!!!8217;ve had my email with the link saying nothing else to pay

Never been to Switzerland yet, but Eurocamp Caravans are much nicer than UK
    Usually you!!!8217;ll get a patio with garden furniture
    Last edited by essex boy; 08-01-2018 at 8:18 PM.
    • loubie_lou
    • By loubie_lou 9th Jan 18, 5:39 AM
    • 1,322 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    loubie_lou
    Thanks Essex boy. I am planning to coincide it will car hire and a weekend before or after to a local Swiss city, maybe Geneva. So looking forward to it and the flight are coming out pretty decent too. Looking to be a good week.

Thanks ks for the reassurance.

Louise.
    In debt no more!
    • Brighty
    • By Brighty 9th Jan 18, 9:23 AM
    • 739 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    Brighty
    Thanks Essex boy. Had been invited to go away with the brother in law at Easter, but couldn't afford the 430 they spent on a duluxe caravan booking direct with Haven. Low and behold, got same park, same dates but a slightly smaller/more basic caravan for 160 through Mail holidays. Happy days

Anyone know what caravan Haven give you if you book a 'Comfort plus'? From the description it looks like that equates to a Haven Standard New Model (less than 2yr old) Van, anyone know different?

Brighty
    Last edited by Brighty; 09-01-2018 at 9:32 AM.
    • essex boy
    • By essex boy 9th Jan 18, 1:21 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    essex boy
    Thanks Essex boy. Had been invited to go away with the brother in law at Easter, but couldn't afford the 430 they spent on a duluxe caravan booking direct with Haven. Low and behold, got same park, same dates but a slightly smaller/more basic caravan for 160 through Mail holidays. Happy days

Anyone know what caravan Haven give you if you book a 'Comfort plus'? From the description it looks like that equates to a Haven Standard New Model (less than 2yr old) Van, anyone know different?

Brighty
    Originally posted by Brighty

Haven Upgrades(not my favourite subject)

I had this problem with Haven last time the upgrade terminology was changed.
    I asked by phone and also Live Chat and neither was able to give me a straight answer.
    Here's what I was told

Ok we cannot compare the sun grades to ours, all we can say is that they will be the equivalent to ours by the description in the Newspapers description. As it extra width and heating upgrades.

Pretty useless :-[
    • Brighty
    • By Brighty 9th Jan 18, 1:27 PM
    • 739 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    Brighty
    Haven Upgrades(not my favourite subject)

I had this problem with Haven last time the upgrade terminology was changed.
    I asked by phone and also Live Chat and neither was able to give me a straight answer.
    Here's what I was told

Ok we cannot compare the sun grades to ours, all we can say is that they will be the equivalent to ours by the description in the Newspapers description. As it extra width and heating upgrades.

Pretty useless :-[
    Originally posted by essex boy
    Lol, thanks for that. Well as the sun description says central heating, i guess we'll get a standard new model at the very least, anything more will be a bonus.
    • brixton_mortar
    • By brixton_mortar 17th Jan 18, 7:59 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    brixton_mortar
    DM holiday glitch?
    We booked a DM holiday when they came out a couple of weeks ago. Paid a lot more than 15 pp once all the extras had been added on like entertainment passes etc. Ended up costing 200 for a family of 5 for three nights. Weve just had a call from the caravan park saying there was a glitch on their website when we booked and it undercharged is by 50. Theyre giving us the option to cancel or pay extra.

This has happened to at least one other person I know of and it seems dodgy. Weve done these holidays before and know that they add supplements etc and they all seemed to be added on when we booked.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    • maggot drowner
    • By maggot drowner 22nd Jan 18, 7:46 AM
    • 3,062 Posts
    • 3,821 Thanks
    maggot drowner
    We booked a DM holiday when they came out a couple of weeks ago. Paid a lot more than 15 pp once all the extras had been added on like entertainment passes etc. Ended up costing 200 for a family of 5 for three nights. Weve just had a call from the caravan park saying there was a glitch on their website when we booked and it undercharged is by 50. Theyre giving us the option to cancel or pay extra.

This has happened to at least one other person I know of and it seems dodgy. Weve done these holidays before and know that they add supplements etc and they all seemed to be added on when we booked.

Originally posted by brixton_mortar
    From my experience of booking Haven sites through DM or Sun holidays you just pay the "per person" price at time of booking.
    Then you will get a balance letter a bit later requesting payment for entertainment passes and electric fees etc.
    • toyboyroy
    • By toyboyroy 22nd Jan 18, 9:39 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    toyboyroy
    Hi All,
    I have been trying to put the codes in but they are not accepted.
    On the first page there are listed 5 codes and I have put the suggested 6th in from further down the forum thread but its not working. Can somebody re-list all six working codes please.
    • mikeeboy
    • By mikeeboy 23rd Jan 18, 3:28 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    mikeeboy
    I ended up paying over 228 this year, by far the most I've ever paid for a 'cheap' caravan weekend.

It was the first time I had 5 people, but as 2 of those were infants, in hindsight, I shouldn't have mentioned those. They don't need entertainment passes so as long as I had a caravan that slept 6 I would have saved 2 per person costs.

Is that a bit naughty or is that what people do?
    • maggot drowner
    • By maggot drowner 23rd Jan 18, 4:23 PM
    • 3,062 Posts
    • 3,821 Thanks
    maggot drowner
    Hi All,
    I have been trying to put the codes in but they are not accepted.
    On the first page there are listed 5 codes and I have put the suggested 6th in from further down the forum thread but its not working. Can somebody re-list all six working codes please.
    Originally posted by toyboyroy
    The codes I used were.......

Relax
    Beach
    Spade
    Historic
    Chill
    Wave
    • essex boy
    • By essex boy 23rd Jan 18, 4:50 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    essex boy
    I ended up paying over 228 this year, by far the most I've ever paid for a 'cheap' caravan weekend.

It was the first time I had 5 people, but as 2 of those were infants, in hindsight, I shouldn't have mentioned those. They don't need entertainment passes so as long as I had a caravan that slept 6 I would have saved 2 per person costs.

Is that a bit naughty or is that what people do?
    Originally posted by mikeeboy
    You have to mention everyone for health and safety reasons
    You dont need entertainment passes for little ones, if theyre young enough take the passes off
    Youre more likely to have a 3 bedroom caravan with 5 people than you are less so probably worth the extra cash
    • JVRMac
    • By JVRMac 31st Jan 18, 12:05 AM
    • 188 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    JVRMac

Originally posted by brixton_mortar
    The same has happened to me, I received an email from break free saying I hadn't paid a peak supplement and had to pay by the end of the week to avoid cancellation. I rang them and said there was no mention of any supplements other than the additional park charges and thought it was very dodgy, they apologised but said tough basically. I've booked these holidays for years and have never been asked to pay more than agreed.
    • jagger86
    • By jagger86 4th Apr 18, 10:56 AM
    • 71 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    jagger86
    will there be another Daily Mail promotion later this year?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

249Posts Today

3,408Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin